What Does a J. Isaac to SAC Trade Look Like?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,304

Re: What Does a J. Isaac to SAC Trade Look Like? 

Post#41 » by NotACat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 pm

I can't imagine Sacramento has the assets to get Isaac.
Black Lives Matter
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,625

Post#42 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 pm

NotACat wrote:I can't imagine Sacramento has the assets to get Isaac.

I cannot imagine they don't.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,090

Post#43 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:52 pm

Beam Me Up Foxy wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:Stein reports that they wanted to add some shooting.

Huerter for Isaac seems to fit in nicely.

With Sasha/Lyles being able to pick up PF minutes, I would mind Kings risking it with JIs injury history.

They have 40 mill in capspace to get a better shooter/player than Huerter while keeping Isaac.

I dont think the Magic will trade Isaac. I know people want to argue he doesnt have much value, but he does to the Magic. They invested so much in his rehabilitation and he has a real impact that translates to wins. He has played an important role this season, and hopefully should play an even bigger role next season.

I'm not arguing Huerter is your guy. But I will point out your argument is faulty. You don't place value in sunk costs. What is spent is spent. At this point thr evaluation must be, does x player provide us a better opportunity the y player does for the foreseeable future. If the answer is yes. Make the trade. If the answer is no then don't.

Fixating on what was spent on his rehab is bound to lead your team down a perilous path in the long run

As I said, he has value to the Magic because he is actually contributing to wins on the court. Isaac has been a big impact guy this season and the only shot blocking presence on the roster next year for a team that focuses on defense.

There are a few ways to address the back court issues, no need to trade Isaac to achieve that. Keep in mind I dont think Isaac is 100% untouchable, but certainly not trading him for a guy like Huerter. Those type of players are easy to find, Isaac is not.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,309

Post#44 » by SNPA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:14 pm

Beam Me Up Foxy wrote:
SNPA wrote:Besides injuries, which is sufficient to kill most deals for Sac, there is a locker room fit factor. The Kings have a group of guys who really get along. Issac brings a whole set of political activities with him. Maybe those aren’t an issue, maybe it causes some disharmony. It’s a factor to be considered for Sac who has long had a team unity issue and doesn’t want to go back.

Whoa. Projection much? I have zero doubts Isaac wouldn't get along very well with the group Sacto has.

Ok. I have some concerns about it.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,725

Post#45 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 pm

SNPA wrote:
Beam Me Up Foxy wrote:
SNPA wrote:Besides injuries, which is sufficient to kill most deals for Sac, there is a locker room fit factor. The Kings have a group of guys who really get along. Issac brings a whole set of political activities with him. Maybe those aren’t an issue, maybe it causes some disharmony. It’s a factor to be considered for Sac who has long had a team unity issue and doesn’t want to go back.

Whoa. Projection much? I have zero doubts Isaac wouldn't get along very well with the group Sacto has.

He's fine in ORL's locker room...if you think it's political standing - I'd expect every locker room in the NBA to be leaning similarly, including ORL's. He's a good guy- I don't agree with his politics either, but he doesn't seem to bother anyone or act disruptively. Guys that work that hard and relish the dirty work are appreciated by teammates regardless.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#46 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:

name them
HartfordWhalers

Post#47 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 pm

Skybox wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

name them

This is the first post of this very thread
Skybox
RealGM

Post#48 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Skybox wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

name them

and the rest of the posts were largely explaining how none of those players make sense for ORL and picks are not the right direction for a team already populated with recent high draftees that can't get on the court...ORL needs and is ready for significant backcourt upgrade, which SAC doesn't have (other than Monk that ORL doesn't have to pay SAC for)...if you say "lots of picks for another target", that's effectively a 3-way. so...no
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,090

Post#49 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 pm

Skybox wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Beam Me Up Foxy wrote:Whoa. Projection much? I have zero doubts Isaac wouldn't get along very well with the group Sacto has.

I see that criticism often. People think he's a toxic teammate because of his political views, and that cant be further from the truth. Isaac is a great teammate and stands behind not just them, but also the coaching staff and medical staff and FO.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,882

Post#50 » by psman2 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:59 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Skybox wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

name them

I think Isaac as truly turned into a positive asset. He has come a long way from a guy that had a good chance of being released in January if he got hurt or didn't perform to not GTD the rest of his contract. I have him clearly worth more than a guy like Huerter that is close to a JAG and is going to start next season recovering from shoulder surgery. But if you want to take an objective holistic approach to Isaac's trade value, then one would come to the conclusion if Orlando was to take the best offer it would be likely a mid 1st in this draft or just simply a future LP 1st from a playoff team. Now Orlando can of course not trade him for this value but it is kind of an obtuse stance to state that any team doesn't have the assets for Isaac outside of maybe Phoenix.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#51 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:04 pm

psman2 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Skybox wrote:
name them

I think Isaac as truly turned into a positive asset. He has come a long way from a guy that had a good chance of being released in January if he got hurt or didn't perform to not GTD the rest of his contract. I have him clearly worth more than a guy like Huerter that is close to a JAG and is going to start next season recovering from shoulder surgery. But if you want to take an objective holistic approach to Isaac's trade value, then one would come to the conclusion if Orlando was to take the best offer it would be likely a mid 1st in this draft or just simply a future LP 1st from a playoff team. Now Orlando can of course not trade him for this value but it is kind of an obtuse stance to state that any team doesn't have the assets for Isaac outside of maybe Phoenix.

Not sure who said THAT...just SAC. ORL has very specific gaps in their roster - just no fits on SAC unless they want to argue Fox, just on principle. Huerter has deteriorated in value as Isaac has been reborn (risen? :roll: )

Isaac is such a valuable fit on ORL that it outweighs his likely trade market value...nothing to see here, but he's certainly not untouchable. I'd trade him and even add to get DeJounte Murray, for example.
HartfordWhalers

Post#52 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 pm

Skybox wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Skybox wrote:
name them

and the rest of the posts were largely explaining how none of those players make sense for ORL and picks are not the right direction for a team already populated with recent high draftees that can't get on the court...ORL needs and is ready for significant backcourt upgrade, which SAC doesn't have (other than Monk that ORL doesn't have to pay SAC for)...if you say "lots of picks for another target", that's effectively a 3-way. so...no

If you are going to straight faced tell me that Orlando would turn down the entirety of the ton of picks and swaps Sac could offer because it would require Orlando to take a minute and find a 3 way deal I will say you are being absurd and should probably stop being absurd if you want to be taken seriously.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#53 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Skybox wrote:

If you are going to straight faced tell me that Orlando would turn down the entirety of the ton of picks and swaps Sac could offer because it would require Orlando to take a minute and find a 3 way deal I will say you are being absurd and should probably stop being absurd if you want to be taken seriously.

You're just being argumentative... if it's got to be a 3-way, then it's a whole different trade. Throw out some 3-ways then.
HartfordWhalers

Post#54 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 pm

Skybox wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Skybox wrote:

You're just being argumentative... if it's got to be a 3-way, then it's a whole different trade. Throw out some 3-ways then.

I mean it really isn't being argumentative. It is responding to your post and your tenor.

If you start off claiming that every asset Sac has isn't enough, no one is going to bother posting 3 way deals because it seems they are dealing with unreasonable valuations. If you start off with, 'I don't like the fit of Sac's assets, ideally Orlando is getting guard help and an under 30 guard that has at least 2 seasons left but obviously Orlando can add value' it really gives a positive direction for posters to engage with you.

One is a claim about value, and in essence is having Isaac worth more than Gobert or Mitchell brought back. The other is a claim about fit.
SNPA
General Manager

Post#55 » by SNPA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm

Skybox wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Beam Me Up Foxy wrote:Whoa. Projection much? I have zero doubts Isaac wouldn't get along very well with the group Sacto has.

He's fine in ORL's locker room...if you think it's political standing - I'd expect every locker room in the NBA to be leaning similarly, including ORL's. He's a good guy- I don't agree with his politics either, but he doesn't seem to bother anyone or act disruptively. Guys that work that hard and relish the dirty work are appreciated by teammates regardless.

Good insight. For Sac this is an especially acute issue that has to be considered.

As for Isaac’s trade value…I think it’s being overstated. Why should he have any real trade value? The guy is going to be 27 next season and to date has played the following number of games per year:

I know Magic fans would like to engage like he is back but his injury history is what it is. I’d need to see this guy play another full season 65+ next year before I bought into him being an available on-court player a team could take seriously in trade.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,163

Post#56 » by OxAndFox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 pm

Skybox wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Think he is meaning something like this. If the Kings offer was Barnes/Mitchell and the picks would Orlando say, no thanks we don't value the picks, OR would they go and get someone like Dejounte Murray.

Sac: #13/'27 1st/'28 1st swap/'29 1st/Barnes/Mitchell for Isaac
Orl: Isaac for Murray
Atl: Murray for #13/'27 1st/'28 1st Swap/'29 1st/Barnes/Mitchell
SNPA
General Manager

Post#57 » by SNPA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
Skybox wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Think he is meaning something like this. If the Kings offer was Barnes/Mitchell and the picks would Orlando say, no thanks we don't value the picks, OR would they go and get someone like Dejounte Murray.

WTF?

3 firsts, a swap and Mitchell/Barnes? That’s a crazy overpay. He isn’t worth a single lottery first at this point, maybe one backend first for a team willing to roll the dice.

Sac should not even trade Barnes/13. Barnes plays all 82.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,374

Post#58 » by babyjax13 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 pm

Skybox wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Skybox wrote:
name them

Picks are essentially liquid assets, almost every team needs them. An extra pick or two from Sacramento could be exactly what Orlando needs to put together a trade offer for whoever completes their team.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,163

Post#59 » by OxAndFox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 pm

SNPA wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
Skybox wrote:

WTF?

3 firsts, a swap and Mitchell/Barnes? That’s a crazy overpay. He isn’t worth a single lottery first at this point, maybe one backend first for a team willing to roll the dice.

Of course Sacramento wouldn't do it. I was simply showing what Hartford was saying. If Sac threw in all their picks would Orlando still say no you don't have the assets to get Isaac? Or would they go and find a 3rd team to get what they need? I think the Magic and every team in the NBA would do that 100 times out of 100.
SNPA
General Manager

Post#60 » by SNPA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:19 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
SNPA wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

WTF?

Of course Sacramento wouldn't do it. I was simply showing what Hartford was saying. If Sac threw in all their picks would Orlando still say no you don't have the assets to get Isaac? Or would they go and find a 3rd team to get what they need? I think the Magic and every team in the NBA would do that 100 times out of 100.

Makes more sense.

Isaac has played in about 1/3 of all games over his seven years in the NBA. That means he doesn’t really have value at this point. How can a team put real assets toward acquiring a guy like that? It’s a receipt for a GM to create a massive headache for themself.

Return to Trades and Transactions