What Does a J. Isaac to SAC Trade Look Like?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 627

Re: What Does a J. Isaac to SAC Trade Look Like? 

Post#81 » by AaronB » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:41 am

SNPA wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
AaronB wrote:
Actually, I don't disagree with this all that much.

However, just because he has no trade value due to health, that does not mean he can be traded for at a discount.

It is an odd predicament that the Magic are in with Isaac.

His value to the team is far far greater than it is on the trade market.

I consider it similar to the "paid for" car syndrome.

A paid-for car has a lot more value to the owner than one that is not paid for.

I agree. As I have stated in this thread on multiple occasions I understand Magic fans and the org valuing him. I would in the same situation. What I have responded to is what Hartford bought up as in, it's a bit disingenuous to say Team X doesn't have the assets to acquire Player X. Then when assets are put forth the conversation changes to we don't want picks and making it a 3 team deal changes it so we're not interested any way.

I'm not suggesting Huerter is fair value or anything like that, don't get me wrong here, I'm simply saying anyone that is saying Huerter's value should fall because he's injured should also do the same for Isaac because the former played more games than the latter this season. It's simply using one factor for a player and not the other.

I’ll say it. The Magic would be fortunate to get Huerter in exchange for Isaac as it currently stands. Isaac has no value outside of Orlando and a team taking a wild shot in the dark (which means it’s a low value offer).

That offer would result in silence and a dial tone.

And rightfully so.

Frankly, it is so bad, it is not worth responding to in detail
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,309

Post#82 » by SNPA » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:45 am

AaronB wrote:
SNPA wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
I agree. As I have stated in this thread on multiple occasions I understand Magic fans and the org valuing him. I would in the same situation. What I have responded to is what Hartford bought up as in, it's a bit disingenuous to say Team X doesn't have the assets to acquire Player X. Then when assets are put forth the conversation changes to we don't want picks and making it a 3 team deal changes it so we're not interested any way.

I'm not suggesting Huerter is fair value or anything like that, don't get me wrong here, I'm simply saying anyone that is saying Huerter's value should fall because he's injured should also do the same for Isaac because the former played more games than the latter this season. It's simply using one factor for a player and not the other.

I’ll say it. The Magic would be fortunate to get Huerter in exchange for Isaac as it currently stands. Isaac has no value outside of Orlando and a team taking a wild shot in the dark (which means it’s a low value offer).

And rightfully so.

I can understand that view from a Magic fan and I’d feel the same.

It doesn’t change the facts though. Isaac is not an actual player, he is closer to a ghost. He just hasn’t performed enough to have value. I hope he shows up next year and plays 82, I just won’t bet any assets on it because of…history and facts.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#83 » by Devilanche » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:09 am

AaronB wrote:
SNPA wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

And rightfully so.

How much value would you be willing to pay for a PG version of Issac in terms of availability and minutes restriction ?

Isaac like in terms of impact when he does play.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,164

Post#84 » by OxAndFox » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:08 am

Devilanche wrote:
AaronB wrote:
SNPA wrote:I’ll say it. The Magic would be fortunate to get Huerter in exchange for Isaac as it currently stands. Isaac has no value outside of Orlando and a team taking a wild shot in the dark (which means it’s a low value offer).

And rightfully so.

How much value would you be willing to pay for a PG version of Issac in terms of availability and minutes restriction ?

There isn't one. Literally not 1 PG, nor SG, nor SF, nor anything else has ever graced us. Isaac is the lone guy on this value dial...ever I believe. That's why the Magic shouldn't deal him. 1 year left when you don't have salary pressure is a good thing. Expect a trade at the deadline or Orlando is in a tough situation.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,666

Post#85 » by orlando_joe » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:27 pm

SNPA wrote:
AaronB wrote:
SNPA wrote:I’ll say it. The Magic would be fortunate to get Huerter in exchange for Isaac as it currently stands. Isaac has no value outside of Orlando and a team taking a wild shot in the dark (which means it’s a low value offer).

And rightfully so.

It doesn’t change the facts though. Isaac is not an actual player, he is closer to a ghost. He just hasn’t performed enough to have value. I hope he shows up next year and plays 82, I just won’t bet any assets on it because of…history and facts.

82? if he can play 65 and 20 min ..and i think he can he has value to magic...real value and will get extended next summer..

he played 58 games and 16 min and was on 15 min no back to backs restriction for 3/4 of season this yr then went to 20 min till last couple reg season games when he went to 25 min
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,443

Post#86 » by GelbeWand09 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:19 pm

SNPA wrote:
AaronB wrote:

And rightfully so.

Yea the No.1 player in defensive EPM & Defensive rating. The player who holds the opponents to the lowest %FG in the leaque, while shooting 3's & being 29 in overall EPM & 10,9 netrating, +12,7 on/off got no value. :lol:
I agree that Isaac is untradedable, because he is waaaaay to value for Orlando to trade him for anything lower than a fringe all-star, but his injury risk is too high for any team to give up such a packet to get him. So he needs to stay healthy for another season but when he stays healthy he is almost untouchable anyway because he is too impactful/good to trade him. Only reason to trade him is the risk of another injury.
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#87 » by AaronB » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:05 pm

Devilanche wrote:
AaronB wrote:

And rightfully so.

There isn't any. Hasn't been a disruptor like Isaac since Rodman, (minutes and availability obviously impact the total package)
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#88 » by AaronB » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:08 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
AaronB wrote:

And rightfully so.

There isn't one. Literally not 1 PG, nor SG, nor SF, nor anything else has ever graced us. Isaac is the lone guy on this value dial...ever I believe. That's why the Magic shouldn't deal him. 1 year left when you don't have salary pressure is a good thing. Expect a trade at the deadline or Orlando is in a tough situation.

The Magic are not trading Isaac at the deadline. Most deadlines they sleep through.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#89 » by Devilanche » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:26 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
AaronB wrote:

And rightfully so.

There isn’t any cause his only flaw , his major flaw is availability.

If you can have an impact like Isaac you deserve a max. The only reason he doesn’t is that realistically you can’t rely on him playing 85-90% of the games in a season.

The best chance of getting him would be offering him more when he’s a free agent. No reason for Orlando to move him if they aren’t having luxury tax issues . And they are still pretty far from it .

That’s not to say the trade value offered here is off one way or another . It’s just not likely for Orlando to say yes. Unless a similarly flawed player with enough upside get offered in a position of need.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,716

Post#90 » by Knightro » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:40 am

Isaac is the definition of "he means more to us than he does to you" kind of player.

He was truly spectacular this season, IMO he was the most impactful defender in the NBA on a per minute basis, but he only played 16 MPG.

Because of his injury history, there's just no way for the Magic to get back more value than he will provide for them next season, even if he's capped at 18-20 MPG.

I don't think there's a viable trade out there involving Isaac at all.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#91 » by greg4012 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:41 pm

pillwenney wrote:To me, it's acquiring him is almost akin to drafting a 1st round pick who's a freak raw athlete--the difference being that instead of being unsure if the guy is going to learn to become an actually good player, in this case, you're unsure if he's going to be there. Probably similar general odds of it working out.

With that said, maybe it's foolish of me, but I'd be very, very tempted to give up real stuff for him. It'd just be such an ideal fit if he could stay on the court. I'd be at least curious to see what Orlando wanted.

I think the issue for Sacramento is that Isaac is almost the only proper fit to make it work with Sabonis as a foundational frontcourt piece. Desperation isn't a good state to negotiate from.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#92 » by greg4012 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 pm

AaronB wrote:
SNPA wrote:
AaronB wrote:
What you are missing is that when healthy, Isaac is not just an impactful player; rather, he is a difference-maker. There are only a handful of those in the NBA. Where that shows up is on the defensive side, where metrics do not completely capture the degree of difference-making.

He plays in 1/3 games over seven years. That can’t be caveated away. He has no real trade value, of course Magic fans won’t like the offers. They are crap offers, because a player that misses 2/3 of games is for practically purposes a crap asset. Hopefully he stays healthy for a second full season and recoups some value.

Actually, I don't disagree with this all that much.

However, just because he has no trade value due to health, that does not mean he can be traded for at a discount.

It is an odd predicament that the Magic are in with Isaac.

His value to the team is far far greater than it is on the trade market.

I consider it similar to the "paid for" car syndrome.

A paid-for car has a lot more value to the owner than one that is not paid for.

Suitor will need to try to buy him when he's injured for any chance at market alignment
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,507

Post#93 » by JRoy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:05 pm

SNPA wrote:
AaronB wrote:

And rightfully so.

“Your guy sucks you should trade him to us”
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,309

Post#94 » by SNPA » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:24 pm

JRoy wrote:
SNPA wrote:
AaronB wrote:

And rightfully so.

I don’t want him in Sac. At least not for another year of him playing.
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#95 » by AaronB » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:31 pm

JRoy wrote:
SNPA wrote:
AaronB wrote:

And rightfully so.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,372

Post#96 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:59 pm

Feels like all the important discussion ended some time ago. But for the record when someone has a different opinion from you, don't call them 5 years old. Honestly it makes you look juvenile, not them.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions