Who wins this swap - Ingram for Duren

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 556

Who wins this swap - Ingram for Duren 

Post#1 » by aguiar95 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:26 pm

Imagine DET gets Sarr with their 1st, does a B.I for Duren makes sense?

DET trades for a young All-Star caliber player to help Cade/Sarr moving forward.

NOP gets a young center of the future to pair with their core.

Cade/Sasser
Grimes/Ivey
Ingram/Thompson
Stewart/Fontecchio
Sarr/Wiseman

McCollum/Alvarado
Murphy III/Hawkins
Jones/Daniels
Zion/#17
Duren/Nance
Pipp33
Rookie
And1: 661

Re: Who wins this swap - Ingram for Duren 

Post#2 » by Pipp33 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:36 pm

I don't like this for the Pistons at all, but I'm also not a big believer in Ingram as a player to elevate a team.

His lack of volume 3pt shooting hurts the Pistons and don't think it's a great fit with Cade.

Duren is a very good young C, not sure what he will eventually become, but wouldn't trade him for Ingram. Would trade him in a package that brings in a better player though.
Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Post#3 » by tmorgan » Wed May 1, 2024 10:44 pm

Torn.

If Duren gets smarter on the defensive end (he has a LONG way to go), he’s an All-Star level talent. I think he can develop some range, too, and even more in the post. He’s super young.

But right now, he’s a rebounding lob-catcher that has good passing instincts, bad defense, and he doesn’t score outside the paint.

Ingram is likely overpaid. Injury prone, and isn’t the best fit for Cade as a non-volume shooter with playmaking skills. He’s also clearly a lot more accomplished.

Still torn. If we draft Sarr and can’t make good use of our $60 mil in cap, I guess I’d think about it. I’d rather trade Duren for a known quantity 3&D wing, though, even if they haven’t shown as much overall game as BI.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 4,043

Post#4 » by wolves_89 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:54 pm

I have two issues with the trade. First, I don't see the Pelicans being interested in taking a pretty major step back in terms of win now talent. Second, even though Duren has decent upside (he's really only upside at this point) he doesn't have the trade value by himself to get Ingram (even on an expiring contract).
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Post#5 » by esvl » Wed May 1, 2024 11:18 pm

Nobody seems winning here
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,670

Post#6 » by jayjaysee » Wed May 1, 2024 11:43 pm

The TPE this creates for NOP would need to be used to add one of Murray, Lauri, or such. New Orleans has the extra youth/picks to get most any player in league if it’s tied into this trade taking advantage of the aggregating salary option.. Duren has a ton of potential IMO. And could develop that into being a more important/impactful player than Ingram. But yeah. That’s not next season..

Value seems right probably if we assume Detroit takes Sarr. They can overpay a vet center like Jonas..
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,222

Post#7 » by Colbinii » Wed May 1, 2024 11:59 pm

Love it for NOP. Like is for Detroit.

Here's why. New Orleans biggest need is an athletic center and there aren't many more athletic center than Duren. He is also a very willing and talented passer and I feel like his athleticism would create the most athletic front court in the NBA.

For Detroit Center is the easiest position the NBA to replace and while Durham has a lot of potential, I do think they're ready to start winning with the talent on the roster and Ingram fills a major hole at the wing.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,588

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 2, 2024 12:23 am

A lot of contingencies would have to occur for this to make sense for the interested parties. Ingram would have to agree to extend which probably only happens if his market is much softer than I anticipate it being on the contract he wants.

Assuming all that occurs, Detroit has to agree to add Ivey and Pelicans would have to believe that the Pistons have done a poor job developing him and there's more to Ivey as a prospect than what he's shown so far.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Post#9 » by tmorgan » Thu May 2, 2024 12:37 am

Even though I kinda want to move on from Ivey, definitely not trading Ivey AND Duren for an expiring Ingram.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,372

Post#10 » by Kalamazoo317 » Thu May 2, 2024 10:08 pm

I think it's fair value on both sides and I'd do it for the Pistons (assume a wink wink extension with Ingram). Is Ingram an ideal fit? No. Is his injury history a concern? Yes. But we need a pure scorer with Cade, Ingram gives solid wing defense we don't have otherwise, there's at least the potential of the light coming on if he's traded and paired with a true point guard in Cade and Ingram's 3pt volume goes up (he's a good outside shooter, just doesn't take them), and it gives us the chance to upgrade spacing *and* defense at center. Worst case scenario, I think Detroit gets a more tradable "win now" asset we can flip for something else (assuming we get that extension done).

Return to Trades and Transactions