Blazers/Pelicans

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

louc1970
Senior
And1: 176

Blazers/Pelicans 

Post#1 » by louc1970 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:42 am

Blazers are going nowhere slowly. They have some youth, but also have players that could return some value.
Pelicans trade Ingram and McCollum (2 years left), and 2 of 24 FRP, 25 FRP. Or 26 FRP.
Blazers trade Ayton and Simons.
Blazers get rid of a high salary in Ayton and return 2 players who carry the scoring load. Also get 2 FRPs to continue building.
Pelicans get the center they need and a CG.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Re: Blazers/Pelicans 

Post#2 » by JRoy » Sat May 4, 2024 1:48 am

louc1970 wrote:Blazers are going nowhere slowly. They have some youth, but also have players that could return some value.
Pelicans trade Ingram and McCollum (2 years left), and 2 of 24 FRP, 25 FRP. Or 26 FRP.
Blazers get rid of a high salary in Ayton and return 2 players who carry the scoring load. Also get 2 FRPs to continue building.

Not sure why NOP would do this.

POR would do this for the FRP and move both players elsewhere.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#3 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 1:59 am

Ayton + Philly picks to NOP
Ingram to Philly
Nothing to Portland
JRoy
RealGM

Post#4 » by JRoy » Sat May 4, 2024 2:11 am

Pass for POR.

Not dumping Ayton for nothing.
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,643

Post#5 » by brackdan70 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:27 am

louc1970 wrote:Blazers are going nowhere slowly. They have some youth, but also have players that could return some value.

Is Ayton the center they need?
I feel like picks don’t need to be included to make the value…if anything maybe picks go the other way
Sign here
JRoy
RealGM

Post#6 » by JRoy » Sat May 4, 2024 3:44 am

brackdan70 wrote:

Is Ayton the center they need?
I feel like picks don’t need to be included to make the value…if anything maybe picks go the other way

Even worse.

The last thing a bottom feeder like POR needs is to send out picks for aging, expensive one way guys that will take shots away from the young guys.
Edrees wrote:

Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,874

Post#7 » by Norm2953 » Sat May 4, 2024 4:00 am

In the NBA, can you trade something for nothing?
lordjeff05
Analyst
And1: 770

Post#8 » by lordjeff05 » Sat May 4, 2024 11:02 am

So I want to make sure I even understand the first trade.

Pels send Ingram and CJ plus two picks for Simons and Ayton. So if I’m breaking that down you think Ingram has less value than Aston and CJ has less value than Simmons to the point that the trade needs 2 picks to equal the value…

I’d do Ayton for Ingram but I’m in the minority of thinking that’s decent value. Most would disagree and they definitely don’t think it requires the Pels to put in extra value. And understanding that Simons is younger and a little cheaper, I’m not sure he’s a better player than CJ.

This trade almost treats the Pels players as salary filler more than players who collectively are better than what they are getting and that’s before factoring in the picks.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#9 » by Myth » Sat May 4, 2024 11:44 am

This feels like a no brainer for Portland. I don’t understand why Pelican do this though.
louc1970
Senior

Post#10 » by louc1970 » Sat May 4, 2024 8:48 pm

Pelicans are in a pickle. They are either going to trade Ingram AND have to pony up for T. Murphy and still need a center and PG.
Or they can use Ingram to get either the center or PG in a trade. With where Portland could be picking, they very easily could end up with Clingan. Making Ayton redundant.
Simons is in the way of simons is an expensive player in the way of Henderson/Sharpe. But helps solve NOPs issue.
McCollum returning to Portland is feel good move.
Portland spending big money for Simons/Ayton while being a basement team doesn’t work.
I am fine with removing picks.
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#11 » by Astaluego » Sat May 4, 2024 9:29 pm

louc1970 wrote:Pelicans are in a pickle. They are either going to trade Ingram AND have to pony up for T. Murphy and still need a center and PG.
Or they can use Ingram to get either the center or PG in a trade. With where Portland could be picking, they very easily could end up with Clingan. Making Ayton redundant.
Simons is in the way of simons is an expensive player in the way of Henderson/Sharpe. But helps solve NOPs issue.
Portland spending big money for Simons/Ayton while being a basement team doesn’t work.
Simons is not a PG (and they have Hawkins in a similar profile), and Ayton is too expensive for what NOP needs in my opinion at center...
I think bringing the Hawks here would make sense.

Ingram+Ayton+Thybulle to the HAWKS

The Hawks are consolidating, giving ideal adjustments to TraeY..

Trae/Thybulle/Ingram/JJ/Ayton
Bufkin/Bogdan/Matthew/Draft/Bruno

OO+Murray to NOP...

they save money in the long term to pay Murphy, and also very good adjustments to Zion, a mobile center that will let Zion work and an all-star level guard

Murray/Herb/Murphy/Zion/OO
CJ/Hawkins/Marshall/Nance/Jonas

Capela+Hunter+Griffin+Daniels to BLAZERS.

They save a lot of money and get some young players that are worth it, keep an eye out
Old Mike Lorenzo
YayBasketball
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#12 » by YayBasketball » Sun May 5, 2024 4:58 am

This this could be better balanced with a 3rd team:

NOP gets: Simons and Ayton (or RWIII)

POR gets: P. Reed, picks from PHI/LAC, cap space

PHI gets: Ingram, Jose A. (Ingram's BFF)

For Pels: While not perfect, Simons is a high-volume 3 pt. guy off the dribble, a much needed skillset next to Zion. Ayton (could be RWIII) is a gamble, but has some familiarity with Coach Green from the Suns days, and in theory, would compliment the rest of the roster if he stay stay focused and motivated. Would probably have to move Nance or McCullom in this deal or another one. Or CJ can accept a 6th man role.

For Blazers: They clear out minutes and shots for their young core (Scoot, Sharpe) and incoming rookies, ensuring they'll be bad enough for a top 2025 lotto chance to get a potention. Brogdon or Grant could be included in this deal (to 76ers), could be traded elsewhere, or kept as steady veterans.

For 76ers: Get a semi-star with possible untapped potential in a new system. Still have extra room after this to make other moves.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#13 » by JRoy » Sun May 5, 2024 5:09 am

YayBasketball wrote:This this could be better balanced with a 3rd team:

For Pels: While not perfect, Simons is a high-volume 3 pt. guy off the dribble, a much needed skillset next to Zion. Ayton (could be RWIII) is a gamble, but has some familiarity with Coach Green from the Suns days, and in theory, would compliment the rest of the roster if he stay stay focused and motivated. Would probably have to move Nance or McCullom in this deal or another one. Or CJ can accept a 6th man role.

For Blazers: They clear out minutes and shots for their young core (Scoot, Sharpe) and incoming rookies, ensuring they'll be bad enough for a top 2025 lotto chance to get a potention. Brogdon or Grant could be included in this deal (to 76ers), could be traded elsewhere, or kept as steady veterans.

For 76ers: Get a semi-star with possible untapped potential in a new system. Still have extra room after this to make other moves.

Depends on the picks.
Edrees wrote:

Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#14 » by Myth » Sun May 5, 2024 5:18 am

JRoy wrote:

Depends on the picks.

Yeah, without picks being clarified for value to make any sense at all, because this looks like getting rid of 2 of our best players for cap relief only without that classification.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#15 » by NYG » Sun May 5, 2024 5:22 am

Myth wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Depends on the picks.

Yeah, without picks being clarified for value to make any sense at all, because this looks like getting rid of 2 of our best players for cap relief only without that classification.

New Orleans Pelicans get:
DeAndre Ayton
2026 Lowest of Rockets/Clippers/Thunder/76ers First Round Draft Pick
2028 Earlier of Clippers/76ers First Round Draft Pick
2029 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys 2 years after 2027 1st goes to Brooklyn)
2031 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys only if 2029 1st conveys 2 years prior otherwise becomes 2031 76ers 2nd Round Draft Pick)

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Brandon Ingram

Portland Trail Blazers get:
Future Top 55 Protected Second Round Draft Pick
JRoy
RealGM

Post#16 » by JRoy » Sun May 5, 2024 5:30 am

NYG wrote:
Myth wrote:
JRoy wrote:
Depends on the picks.

New Orleans Pelicans get:
DeAndre Ayton
2026 Lowest of Rockets/Clippers/Thunder/76ers First Round Draft Pick
2028 Earlier of Clippers/76ers First Round Draft Pick
2029 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys 2 years after 2027 1st goes to Brooklyn)
2031 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys only if 2029 1st conveys 2 years prior otherwise becomes 2031 76ers 2nd Round Draft Pick)

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Brandon Ingram

Portland Trail Blazers get:
Future Top 55 Protected Second Round Draft Pick

So, our starting center for nothing.

Hard pass.
Edrees wrote:

YayBasketball
Ballboy

Post#17 » by YayBasketball » Sun May 5, 2024 5:51 am

Myth wrote:
Depends on the picks.[/quote]
Yeah, without picks being clarified for value to make any sense at all, because this looks like getting rid of 2 of our best players for cap relief only without that classification.[/quote]
Fair enough. Given that all fake trades posted here are example frameworks with details that can be adjusted and negotiated on:
In your opinion, which picks and protections would be worth it for you? Or are there changes to the players in the deal that would make it more appealing for you and Blazers fans?

Many are assuming Blazers will be aiming for a bottom-5 record next season to get a chance at Flagg, Bailey or another franchise changer. They also have Scoot and Sharpe as developing guards of the future with 2 other lottery rookies joining. So a step back with rebuilding in mind was the thought with Ayton and Simons potentially being available for the right deal.
YayBasketball
Ballboy

Post#18 » by YayBasketball » Sun May 5, 2024 5:56 am

Myth wrote:Depends on the picks.

Yeah, without picks being clarified for value to make any sense at all, because this looks like getting rid of 2 of our best players for cap relief only without that classification.[/quote]
Fair enough. Given that all fake trades posted here are example frameworks with details that can be adjusted and negotiated on:
In your opinion, which picks and protections would be worth it for you? Or are there changes to the players in the deal that would make it more appealing for you and Blazers fans?

Many are assuming Blazers will be aiming for a bottom-5 record next season to get a chance at Flagg, Bailey or another franchise changer. They also have Scoot and Sharpe as developing guards of the future with 2 other lottery rookies joining. So a step back with rebuilding in mind was the thought with Ayton and Simons potentially being available for the right deal.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,835

Post#19 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 5, 2024 6:55 am

Picks are going the wrong way...
Ingram is better than Simons, CJM is better than Ayton
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
louc1970
Senior

Post#20 » by louc1970 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:56 am

Astaluego wrote:
louc1970 wrote:Pelicans are in a pickle. They are either going to trade Ingram AND have to pony up for T. Murphy and still need a center and PG.
Simons is not a PG (and they have Hawkins in a similar profile), and Ayton is too expensive for what NOP needs in my opinion at center...
I think bringing the Hawks here would make sense.

Ingram+Ayton+Thybulle to the HAWKS

The Hawks are consolidating, giving ideal adjustments to TraeY..

Trae/Thybulle/Ingram/JJ/Ayton
Bufkin/Bogdan/Matthew/Draft/Bruno

OO+Murray to NOP...

they save money in the long term to pay Murphy, and also very good adjustments to Zion, a mobile center that will let Zion work and an all-star level guard

Murray/Herb/Murphy/Zion/OO
CJ/Hawkins/Marshall/Nance/Jonas

Capela+Hunter+Griffin+Daniels to BLAZERS.

They save a lot of money and get some young players that are worth it, keep an eye out

Not a big fan of the return to the Blazers (might need a pick or 2), but I like this a lot better than my OP.

Return to Trades and Transactions