Dejounte + 10 for Mikal

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,677

Dejounte + 10 for Mikal 

Post#1 » by NYG » Mon May 6, 2024 10:49 pm

Mikal Bridges for Dejounte Murray and 10th Overall

Hawks add a significantly better fitting B player next to Trae

Nets continue to wait until 2025 for their big move and add another asset while they wait
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,597

Re: Dejounte + 10 for Mikal 

Post#2 » by youngcrev » Mon May 6, 2024 10:51 pm

Atlanta would have to add another 1st IMO
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,040

Post#3 » by Snakebites » Mon May 6, 2024 10:53 pm

In a normal draft 10 might do it. Maybe.

Not in this draft.

And it could me more. The asking price for Bridges seems sky high.
NYG
RealGM

Post#4 » by NYG » Mon May 6, 2024 10:54 pm

youngcrev wrote:Atlanta would have to add another 1st IMO

Or does Murray have enough value to be sent to a 3rd team for 2-3 1sts?
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#5 » by youngcrev » Mon May 6, 2024 11:00 pm

NYG wrote:

Doesn't a 3rd team just figure out how to bridge the gap themselves for Bridges instead?
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,968

Post#6 » by psman2 » Mon May 6, 2024 11:31 pm

youngcrev wrote:
NYG wrote:

Doesn't a 3rd team just figure out how to bridge the gap themselves for Bridges instead?

Very easily could be teams in the market for a PG and not a SF. I have the value in the OP about right here but if Houston is still interested likely win the day by holding the Brooklyn picks, unless OKC just really wants him too.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,629

Post#7 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon May 6, 2024 11:31 pm

I think this is a strong offer for Bridges but I’m higher on Murray than most.

However, I can’t see Brooklyn trading Bridges before Mitchell’s contract situation is sorted out, and that’s unlikely to happen before draft night.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#8 » by youngcrev » Mon May 6, 2024 11:34 pm

psman2 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
NYG wrote:

Very easily could be teams in the market for a PG and not a SF. I have the value in the OP about right here but if Houston is still interested likely win the day by holding the Brooklyn picks, unless OKC just really wants him too.

In a general sense from positions of need, but once you attach the actual names, I don't think it holds true. I struggle to find a team that wouldn't want Bridges more than Murray... Maybe I'm missing someone?
NYG
RealGM

Post#9 » by NYG » Mon May 6, 2024 11:36 pm

youngcrev wrote:
psman2 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

In a general sense from positions of need, but once you attach the actual names, I don't think it holds true. I struggle to find a team that wouldn't want Bridges more than Murray... Maybe I'm missing someone?

What about a team with limited assets? Lakers give 3 1sts for Dejounte but don't have a 4th for Bridges
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,968

Post#10 » by psman2 » Mon May 6, 2024 11:37 pm

youngcrev wrote:
psman2 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

I could see Orlando preferring the pay the price for Murray and not adding the 2 1sts needed in addition to make up the value of 10 here to land Bridges with Suggs and Wagner playing his positions.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#11 » by youngcrev » Mon May 6, 2024 11:40 pm

NYG wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
psman2 wrote:

What about a team with limited assets? Lakers give 3 1sts for Dejounte but don't have a 4th for Bridges

That would be the type situation you'd need... But then I'm back to why would any team give up 3 1sts for Murray?

Honestly, the Nets probably make the most sense as the landing spot for him, I just have the Hawks having at add another pick to get it done :dontknow:

I feel like the back and forth here is:
"The value is light for Bridges"
"Yeah, but what if another team overpays for Murray so that the Nets can get better value?"
NYG
RealGM

Post#12 » by NYG » Mon May 6, 2024 11:42 pm

youngcrev wrote:
NYG wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

That would be the type situation you'd need... But then I'm back to why would any team give up 3 1sts for Murray?

Honestly, the Nets probably make the most sense as the landing spot for him, I just have the Hawks having at add another pick to get it done :dontknow:

I feel like the back and forth here is:
"The value is light for Bridges"
"Yeah, but what if another team overpays for Murray so that the Nets can get better value?"

Would AJ Griffin being added bridge any gaps?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#13 » by babyjax13 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:11 am

youngcrev wrote:
psman2 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Minnesota?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,522

Post#14 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 7, 2024 1:37 am

babyjax13 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
psman2 wrote:

Minnesota?

New Orleans. They have enough wings and need PG upgrade.
Orlando probably would prefer Murray too?
NYG
RealGM

Post#15 » by NYG » Tue May 7, 2024 2:55 am

Dejounte Murray, Clint Capela, AJ Griffin and 10th Overall Draft Pick for Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson?

Return to Trades and Transactions