Nuggets' dilemma and trade with OKC?

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,556

Nuggets' dilemma and trade with OKC? 

Post#1 » by dygaction » Tue May 7, 2024 8:08 pm

If this year does not pan out and they have zero cap flexibility in improving the roster with currently committed $190M in 2025 salary.

Would a deal centered around (Chet + Giddy + Denver's previous picks to OKC + extra picks) for Jokic be enticing to Denver?

What do OKC fans think? SGA+Jalen+Jokic would be a real big 3 instead of forcing Jamal+MPJ there.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,004

Re: Nuggets' dilemma and trade with OKC? 

Post#2 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue May 7, 2024 8:16 pm

Denver isn’t trading Jokic. Not unless he ask for a trade and he really, really, really doesn’t seem like the type to ask for a trade.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,761

Post#3 » by BK_2020 » Tue May 7, 2024 8:21 pm

Yeah Denver should really trade Jokic so they can improve their roster lmao
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,694

Post#4 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 7, 2024 8:27 pm

Yeah I don’t trade Jokic until he demands out and threatens to not play. He’s under contract for at least 3 more years and will very likely be one of the 3 best players in the league those 3 years.

OKC does make the best offer if he is available. But he is not and shouldn’t be.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Post#5 » by brackdan70 » Tue May 7, 2024 8:45 pm

You don’t see many Jokic trades….i guess there is a reason.
I think if for some reason that was on the table it takes a pretty historic value coming back. Like an Allstar a likely top5 pick in 2025/2026 and multiple other picks. Jokic is an MVP caliber guy in his prime.
Sign here
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,556

Post#6 » by dygaction » Wed May 8, 2024 12:09 am

brackdan70 wrote:You don’t see many Jokic trades….i guess there is a reason.
I think if for some reason that was on the table it takes a pretty historic value coming back. Like an Allstar a likely top5 pick in 2025/2026 and multiple other picks. Jokic is an MVP caliber guy in his prime.

That's what I am saying, not likely it is going to happen, but OKC is one of those rare teams that can offer great value for Nuggets - Chet, a #1 pick and actually worthy of a #1; Giddey, a #6 pick and played out to be a top 6; largest possible assembled picks out of ANY teams - and also have an extremely strong contending team to make it attractive to Joker.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,742

Post#7 » by Ell Curry » Wed May 8, 2024 12:29 am

When I clicked on this I thought for sure it was going to be about moving Porter Jr to OKC where he'd be a good fit as a 4, not Jokic.
Where's the D?
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,004

Post#8 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed May 8, 2024 12:37 am

Ell Curry wrote:When I clicked on this I thought for sure it was going to be about moving Porter Jr to OKC where he'd be a good fit as a 4, not Jokic.

Porter JR to OKC, Nnaji to PDX
Assets to PDX
Grant, Brogdan, RWIII to DEN
schaffy
Sixth Man
And1: 170

Post#9 » by schaffy » Wed May 8, 2024 1:52 am

dygaction wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:You don’t see many Jokic trades….i guess there is a reason.

That's what I am saying, not likely it is going to happen, but OKC is one of those rare teams that can offer great value for Nuggets - Chet, a #1 pick and actually worthy of a #1; Giddey, a #6 pick and played out to be a top 6; largest possible assembled picks out of ANY teams - and also have an extremely strong contending team to make it attractive to Joker.
They aren't trading Jokic to rebuild the roster. You trade everything else around him.

If, in this magical scenario where they are moving an under contract Jokic, it's starting with Chet and Jalen - not giddey and their picks back. He's about to be a 3 time mvp, there are no bargains to be had. The deal is going to hurt.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,742

Post#10 » by Ell Curry » Wed May 8, 2024 1:59 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:When I clicked on this I thought for sure it was going to be about moving Porter Jr to OKC where he'd be a good fit as a 4, not Jokic.

Porter JR to OKC, Nnaji to PDX
Assets to PDX
Grant, Brogdan, RWIII to DEN

This doesn't work financially for Denver. Would probably have to be something like this:

Porter JR to OKC
Dieng, OKC 1st, Nnaji, Kenrich Williams to PDX
Grant, Caruso to DEN
Timelord, OKC 1st, Peyton Watson to CHI

and then you've got OKC only taking on 20M a year or so, Denver saving some money and getting a great 6th man in Caruso (and someone to throw at Edwards and SGA and one of Kyrie or Luka), Chicago gets a pick, Watson and Timelord for Caruso to make their team younger.

Brogdon goes out in an unrelated deal for a lottery protected first and bad short-term money, like Bogdanovic if the Knicks are done with him or Kennard, Zaire Williams and a lottery protected first if the Grizzlies want someone who can play with Ja but also start when he's doing gun pranks or injured and they find a cheap solution inside (say getting a top 4 pick and grabbing Clingan or moving up to get him).
Where's the D?

Return to Trades and Transactions