The Green Kornet gets more green

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,187

Re: The Green Kornet gets more green 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 8, 2024 9:39 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:How would you think that’s what I’m saying.
I’m not saying he is Karl Towns. I’m saying he is focusing on different aspects of his game and it’s served him well. He is clearly a role player. I am just saying he has a good stroke and I he wanted to focus on being a 3 point shooter he could. The Cs don’t need that as the rest of the team is better than average from 3.

I think his point is even that if he's hypothetically taking fewer 3s because he's focusing on other aspects of his game, he's still not hitting the 3s he does take at a very high rate.

He is no longer even taking them. Took one and made it this year.

Yes.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,903

Post#22 » by gswhoops » Thu May 9, 2024 2:29 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:How would you think that’s what I’m saying.
I’m not saying he is Karl Towns. I’m saying he is focusing on different aspects of his game and it’s served him well. He is clearly a role player. I am just saying he has a good stroke and I he wanted to focus on being a 3 point shooter he could. The Cs don’t need that as the rest of the team is better than average from 3.

I think his point is even that if he's hypothetically taking fewer 3s because he's focusing on other aspects of his game, he's still not hitting the 3s he does take at a very high rate.

He is no longer even taking them. Took one and made it this year.

I mean from a neutral standpoint then it looks less like a good shooter who’s focusing on other areas and more like a bad shooter who was told to stop shooting
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,908

Post#23 » by JJ_PR » Thu May 9, 2024 3:44 pm

Haven't seen much of him, but he does have size and mobility. Maybe he gets $2.5m guaranteed.
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,362

Post#24 » by patman66 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:09 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Guaranteed vet minimum to maybe double that? He's still not a floor stretch or true rim protector, though he works hard in that avenue and sometimes dissuades guys with height and effort, and can even block a couple shots here and there. But he's still a low minutes, situational big, and those guys just don't get paid. Especially not as he'll be 29 this summer, and there's no "potential" or whatnot.

I would imagine he re-signs in Boston for a bit over the vet minimum, and has it fully guaranteed, rather than having to sweat out the January cut down dates? And that Boston is happy to have him for that.

As a Boston fan I hope that is correct.
He is a good shooter and could stretch the floor if he was asked to. He does have limitations on being switchable and guarding the perimeter though.
I think many Boston fans are concerned he could get a bigger offer.

He hasn't shown the ability to reliably hit the 3 since 2018-19. And I bet that if he could stretch the floor, Boston would happily ask him to? Teams don't often ask a player to not utilize talents that could make the team much better or more of a threat offensively. They usually ask them not to try to stretch the floor if they just can't reliably stretch the floor.

I think his role is as a rebounder, he is not going to get any boards out at the 3. That is KP and Al's role. Not as a Bol Bol type. And yeah, he is very limited on both ends of the floor. My guess is 3 at 3 per all guaranteed. I like Querta's upside and would not be that upset if he does walk
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,965

Post#25 » by psman2 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:12 pm

I think there is a chance Memphis looks at him as a 5/6th big if other avenues fail. I think if we don't draft a lottery big and we free up the full MLE and I could see us spending the MLE like this....Jalen Smith 8 million, Goga 5m. If no Goga then guys like Kornet will be given a look....maybe even bring Tillman back to Memphis. I think a 3/15 with some favorable team GTDs is a possibility. Most likely outcome is he is back in Boston for a small bump over the min.

Return to Trades and Transactions