Philly - Memphis

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,667

Re: Philly - Memphis 

Post#21 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu May 9, 2024 9:52 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
psman2 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
I really should look and see if this blocks Philly's FA plans first, but just putting in some other contender as a baseline something around:

Smart to Philly or some other contender
Grant to Memphis
Zaire + [filler?] + draft compensation to Portland

With obviously everyone getting more value filled in.

Zero interest in Grant. Last thing we need is expensive 4th option that is an anemic rebounder. Keep Smart easily over Grant.

smart to philly
poeltl to memphis
draft compensation to toronto

For what it is worth, I don't think it is actually Philly. Checked and I think it requires Reed 16 both out to still have OG max and not even have PG max money left. And that is with 0 remaining cap holds of any kind and all vet mins.

Besides, I feel like this is actually not a real task. Grant isn't actually that much more at all than Smart (and Zaire), and actually locked up. Besides Claxton, I haven't heard a name that would make the fans happy and there obviously are a ton of issues trying to make that magically work.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,965

Post#22 » by psman2 » Thu May 9, 2024 10:03 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
psman2 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
I really should look and see if this blocks Philly's FA plans first, but just putting in some other contender as a baseline something around:

Smart to Philly or some other contender
Grant to Memphis
Zaire + [filler?] + draft compensation to Portland

With obviously everyone getting more value filled in.

Zero interest in Grant. Last thing we need is expensive 4th option that is an anemic rebounder. Keep Smart easily over Grant.

smart to philly
poeltl to memphis

Poeltl is a more realistic target but I think we would just keep Smart and use Kennard/Zaire/Assets to get him. We likely dump Konchar on a 3rd team to keep the tax minimized.
esvl
Sixth Man
And1: 391

Post#23 » by esvl » Thu May 9, 2024 10:12 pm

psman2 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
psman2 wrote:

smart to philly
poeltl to memphis

Poeltl is a more realistic target but I think we would just keep Smart and use Kennard/Zaire/Assets to get him. We likely dump Konchar on a 3rd team to keep the tax minimized.

Poeltl is a piece of art, to say politely. We cannot rely on him in PO games. He is as soft as my dog’s ass.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,517

Post#24 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 9, 2024 10:52 pm

esvl wrote:
psman2 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
smart to philly
poeltl to memphis

Poeltl is a piece of art, to say politely. We cannot rely on him in PO games. He is as soft as my dog’s ass.

The only thing soft about Poeltl are his hands when finishing around the basket and catching passes.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 219

Post#25 » by QMemphis » Fri May 10, 2024 12:47 am

Grizz have absolutely no interest in dumping Smart and surely not paying to dump him. We traded a starter level pg/2 1st one that happens to be a lottery pick for him. Grizzlies are a contending team Smart is a contending level player with incredible intangibles to grow our culture
esvl
Sixth Man
And1: 391

Post#26 » by esvl » Fri May 10, 2024 3:32 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
esvl wrote:
psman2 wrote:

The only thing soft about Poeltl are his hands when finishing around the basket and catching passes.

Exactly that.

Return to Trades and Transactions