lakers and suns

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 86

Re: lakers and suns 

Post#21 » by shagadelic45 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:17 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
My point is D-Lo would have to agree and pick up his player option to be aggregated in a trade - then becomes an UFA at the end of the year. D-Lo is seeking a long term deal so that options off the table and if he's in a S&T, then I don't believe you can include anyone else with him and a 2nd apron team cannot accept it if it keeps them over that apron.

I think going to Phoenix (who has no ability to replace him or bench him..) is one of the best situations for DLO and his bank account. Phoenix will be topping/matching any offer they are given a chance to for the next 2-4 years right?

I don’t think this is a realistic premise with Beal to LAL in general... But Phoenix would likely pay DLO more in 2025 than any other team.. just due to necessity..

I'm not sure about the fit but how do you realistically get him onto the roster and from the Suns' side, why? They really need a PG like CP3 was for them a year ago. A player that can organize the players and get the offense going while managing the egos on the floor. And from the Lakers side, why would they want Beal who's declining and can't play defense and on a terrible contract - yuck - and he has to agree to the trade as well. Besides, the penalties for being over the 2nd apron become really harsh really quick, I don't see the Suns hitting those for very long.

The Suns really missed CP3 and Payne; if the Warriors let him go, I can see Paul signing with the Suns again.

Lakers are in a definite win now window for 2-3 years. They have to do something....to appease Lebron and to have any idea of competing or a title. Their assets aren't that great.....Beal would be a decent "get" for them....and supply much needed shooting

Return to Trades and Transactions