Heat/Jazz/Raptors

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,160

Heat/Jazz/Raptors 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 11, 2024 2:20 pm

Heat trade: Robinson/Martin(assumes he opts in but feels reasonable)
Heat get: Collins

Jazz trade Collins/#32
Jazz get: Boucher/McDaniels/Martin

Raptors trade: Boucher/McDaniels
Raptors get: Robinson/#32

Utah uses pick #32 to dump Collins for expiring contracts to set up 25/26 as the year they try and be good again.
Miami turns Robinson into Collins giving them a much needed additional playable big
Toronto needs shooting desperately and gets one, plus another high 2nd rounder for the extra year. I'm told they aren't worried about future money with their current cap sheet.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Re: Heat/Jazz/Raptors 

Post#2 » by BBallFreak » Sat May 11, 2024 2:30 pm

This further complicates our cap situation. You want us to pay John Collins how much money? As much as we pay two useful wings? So we can put someone as limited as Collins in front of Jovic?

Maybe for Herro but not for Robinson and Martin.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Sat May 11, 2024 2:33 pm

If Martin opts out then it becomes a S&T which wouldn't be okay with 32nd pick?
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,788

Post#4 » by MessiahUjiri » Sat May 11, 2024 2:34 pm

Collins would look good in Miami. They desperately need a PF.

Toronto says yes too.

Not sure about the Jazz. Do they really want to attach the #32? They’re not getting anything good back.

I hate to suggest a 4th team here (it always over complicates things) but this might work better if Jazz can flip Boucher for a late 2nd, from one of the contenders.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Texas Chuck
And1: 90,160

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 11, 2024 2:48 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:If Martin opts out then it becomes a S&T which wouldn't be okay with 32nd pick?

It should have said in..... I fixed it
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
WinterSoldier
Junior
And1: 193

Post#6 » by WinterSoldier » Sat May 11, 2024 7:12 pm

So the Jazz give up a player they can't use for three players they don't want and give a up valuable 2nd round pick. I think this would be a easy no for the Jazz.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Sat May 11, 2024 7:15 pm

WinterSoldier wrote:So the Jazz give up a player they can't use for three players they don't want and give a up valuable 2nd round pick. I think this would be a easy no for the Jazz.

you also get out of collins' 2nd year. all the players coming back are expirings
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,696

Post#8 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 11, 2024 7:28 pm

I don’t know if Miami should get more expensive and not upgrade their defense..

The other two teams should do it.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#9 » by babyjax13 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:11 am

WinterSoldier wrote:So the Jazz give up a player they can't use for three players they don't want and give a up valuable 2nd round pick. I think this would be a easy no for the Jazz.

This is the cheapest we are getting put of Collins. He is mediocre paid like a good starter.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
SkyHook
Analyst
And1: 1,835

Post#10 » by SkyHook » Sun May 12, 2024 5:48 am

babyjax13 wrote:

This is the cheapest we are getting put of Collins. He is mediocre paid like a good starter.

I'd call him a rotation player paid like a good starter; a 7th/8th man paid like a 2nd/3rd. Unless the Jazz are trading him into cap space to go FA hunting this summer or using his salary slot + (significant) assets in a play for a star, I disagree with giving up an asset now to facilitate a trade.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,151

Post#11 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:54 pm

That's a hard no for me. A lot of Jazz fans disagree with my Collins assessment though.

I think his value will be much higher next trade deadline. Trading him now, especially for expiring, especially adding draft capital, seems absolutely bonkers to me.

Give this a year and I believe you'll see a protected first coming ro the Jazz in a Collins deal.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#12 » by Godaddycurse » Sun May 12, 2024 3:59 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:Give this a year and I believe you'll see a protected first coming ro the Jazz in a Collins deal.

Hawks fans use to say that too

Return to Trades and Transactions