Best Offers for Mikal Bridges

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Re: Best Offers for Mikal Bridges 

Post#121 » by JKiddy » Sat May 11, 2024 4:31 pm

I give the Rockets FO credit. They have balls trying to sneakily steal the possible best draft picks of any one team in recent history.

Props, but now it all makes sense.

The Nets do not care for the sunken costs of their previously owned draft picks. The Phoenix picks are now regarded as much more valuable.

I think there will be some big moves this summer and season and by then we can see what teams might be planning for 2025/26.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,696

Post#122 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 11, 2024 4:45 pm

JKiddy wrote:I give the Rockets FO credit. They have balls trying to sneakily steal the possible best draft picks of any one team in recent history. .

How recent?

Like Jaylen Brown recent? Or more recent than that, so Tatum?

I know people have probably said it 1,000 times.. but Phoenix has a top 15 player locked up through 2028… Until Booker demands out, Phoenix’s future is not as terrible as some wish it was. Think people are just hyped about the 2029 and 2030 firsts and the lack of a real contender despite the asset loss. But they still have that superstar that teams desperately need..

TLDR;

Brooklyn’s 2025 swap (dropping all the way to OKC’s first) looks more valuable than anything besides the Phoenix 2029 first.
JKiddy
Sixth Man

Post#123 » by JKiddy » Sat May 11, 2024 4:48 pm

PHX has imploded. The 2027 and 2029 PHX picks are currently being sought out by almost every NBA team. OKC and BK in 2025 might both be better than PHX so how would that have close to the value of the 2027 and 2029 PHX picks?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#124 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 11, 2024 4:54 pm

JKiddy wrote:PHX has imploded. The 2027 and 2029 PHX picks are currently being sought out by almost every NBA team. OKC and BK in 2025 might both be better than PHX so how would that have close to the value of the 2027 and 2029 PHX picks?

You really think Brooklyn will be better than Phoenix in 2025? And somehow still owning the Phoenix picks?

Those two things feel very unlikely to happen. All o said is the 2025 Brooklyn first (without a major trade for talent) is worth more than the 2025 or 2027 Phoenix first.. And I’m pretty confident in that given how hyped the 2025 draft is getting.

But I also get confused when I see Brooklyn fans so confident in a team staying exactly the same for 3-4 years, considering the last 5 or so years of Brooklyns rollercoaster.
JKiddy
Sixth Man

Post#125 » by JKiddy » Sat May 11, 2024 5:13 pm

BK's roster between the end of this season and the beginning of 2025-26 is going to look very different.

PHX might be a play-in team next season. BK might barely miss the playoffs.

It is not about next season. It is truly about 2025 in BK and then the PHX picks in 2027 and 2029 are currently the most valued picks (or Top 3) in the league as of today.

Things can always change. It is just the odds out of today. PHX might trade KD and Beal for an insane package which makes PHX a title contender tomorrow. But, it is not likely as of now. KD likely leaves this or next season. Booker is not going to be thrilled with this situation if he can't compete for a title. He might end up leaving in a season or 3.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 220

Post#126 » by QMemphis » Sat May 11, 2024 5:32 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
JKiddy wrote:PHX has imploded. The 2027 and 2029 PHX picks are currently being sought out by almost every NBA team. OKC and BK in 2025 might both be better than PHX so how would that have close to the value of the 2027 and 2029 PHX picks?

You really think Brooklyn will be better than Phoenix in 2025? And somehow still owning the Phoenix picks?

Those two things feel very unlikely to happen. All o said is the 2025 Brooklyn first (without a major trade for talent) is worth more than the 2025 or 2027 Phoenix first.. And I’m pretty confident in that given how hyped the 2025 draft is getting.

But I also get confused when I see Brooklyn fans so confident in a team staying exactly the same for 3-4 years, considering the last 5 or so years of Brooklyns rollercoaster.

I feel bad for the Nets fans at times but when they start talking like their plan to suck again and get free agents I instantly remember what got them in this situation. Build a team organically, heck the Knicks built organically just with other teams castoffs.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#127 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 11, 2024 5:36 pm

QMemphis wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

I feel bad for the Nets fans at times but when they start talking like their plan to suck again and get free agents I instantly remember what got them in this situation. Build a team organically, heck the Knicks built organically just with other teams castoffs.

The Knicks took advantage of Dallas’ obvious mistake and got a superstar for free because of tampering and location..

Still bitter*

But yeah, NYK took its time and suffered and jumped when it was time. And have added talent and built a nice roster.

Maybe Brooklyn gets lucky in 12 months, they will have a nice roster for Mitchell and then have one of the better set ups in the league.. But most teams signing a top “20” player would all of a sudden be in a great situation...

But the tough part is both hyping the current roster and the future picks. Most fans can acknowledge the current team is bad.
Toine85
Lead Assistant
And1: 63

Post#128 » by Toine85 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:53 pm

rambo_ortega wrote:How about Julius Randle and Bojan Bogdanovic for Bridges and Cam Johnson?

Brooklyn gets an 3x All Star and Bojan who are both used to playing for a developing team. Cam Thomas looks like a star in the making who can mesh well with Randle's game.

Claxton/Randle/Bogdanovic/Thomas/Shroeder

Knicks get another Villanova guy who fits perfectly with the success they are having, and another shooter who can come off the bench.

Hartenstein/OG/Bridges/Hart/Brunson
Robinson/Achiuwa/Cam/Donte/McBride

I literally suggested the same trade on page 3 of the thread (even adding Deuce McBride)...and still had the trade shred to pieces by a Nets fan.

I was wondering if it might be smarter for the Knicks to offer something like OG (re-signed to $150m/4 years), Deuce, and Bogdanovic for Bridges and Ben Simmons.

Nets trade Mikal for a less durable version in OG, but then get Deuce and Bogdanovic for the useless Ben Simmons.

Knicks complete the NOVA Knicks transformation and maybe can utilize Ben Simmons in a defensive only capacity (Thibs would love that!)
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,862

Post#129 » by DowJones » Sat May 18, 2024 2:11 pm

If Mitchell stays in Cleveland then Garland for Bridges would be my offer from Cleveland. The Nets get a 24 year old PG locked into a long-term deal that can be an offensive hub for a team that desperately needs one. The last time Garland was asked to be an offensive hub, he averaged 22 points and 8 assists on 46-41-86 shooting splits. The Cavs get a much better fit next to Mitchell that will bolster the perimeter defense.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#130 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 18, 2024 2:18 pm

Garland/Bridges/Claxton isn’t a contender, so you might as well trade Bridges and keep the asset base open to overpay for an actual superstar?

I think I actually agree with that logic.

From Brooklyn, id still start with the other offer and keep Bridges out of it.. I don’t know if I offer Bridges here really, but it does make sense.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,862

Post#131 » by DowJones » Sat May 18, 2024 3:31 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Garland/Bridges/Claxton isn’t a contender, so you might as well trade Bridges and keep the asset base open to overpay for an actual superstar?

I think I actually agree with that logic.

From Brooklyn, id still start with the other offer and keep Bridges out of it.. I don’t know if I offer Bridges here really, but it does make sense.

I don't know what type of deal makes sense for Cleveland/Mitchell that doesn't include Bridges or 2 of the 3 PHX picks though. I don't think Cam Johnson really moves the needle for the Cavs, and I doubt Mitchell would be excited about turning Garland into Cam, so the picks would need to do the majority of the lifting for Brooklyn. Maybe Cam Johnson, 2027 PHX first, and 2029 Dallas first works? I still have doubts because I think offers for Garland will be strong if he becomes available. Jake Fischer said Garland would be in higher demand than Trae, and I can buy that.

Return to Trades and Transactions