What does OKC do this summer?

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,683

Re: What does OKC do this summer? 

Post#61 » by jayjaysee » Sun May 12, 2024 4:54 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:If Wiggins and Joe aren’t traded, their options should be declined and both locked up. Wiggins cheaper, but giving them the bonus in 2024-2025 should get a discount on the long term deal. Id trade Wiggins and lock up Joe with some of the excess cap space.. can overpay Claxton and give Joe a front loaded long term deal..

That’s really smart jay re Wiggins and Joe. Since OKC has cap I’m not sure if that could also be a raise and extend? I’m not thinking all that through properly right now, but declining and signing would be really smart this offseason. I’d really like to keep both.

Wiggins I’m not sure second round contracts can be renegotiated. and Joe I believe was a waive/pick up and not actually a four year Deal..

But I’d do both and bank on neither pulling Boozer. Joe probably 2 mil more per year?

I’d be offering 5 year deals to both. I think they’ll only raise in value if you decide to trade them in 3 years. Or you keep them as part of the top 8 and are happy with guys making what will be 5-6% of the cap..

Even with that, OKC can be active in free agency once the roster is trimmed down (however that is done)
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,616

Post#62 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 12:43 am

mademan wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Figure out a Wallace for Reid swap and say “may best man win” as each team is fully set for multiple WCF matchups.

Chet
Reid
Jalen
Dort
SGA

Gobert
Towns
McDaniels
Edwards
Conley | Wallace (starts when ready)

Reid having 1 year on his contract vs Wallace 3 cheap rookie years+RFA makes this a non starter for the Thunder.

Not really. Reid would be extension available and earning and getting a starting gig would be a lock to stay.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,109

Post#63 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 13, 2024 12:55 am

Wolveswin wrote:
mademan wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Figure out a Wallace for Reid swap and say “may best man win” as each team is fully set for multiple WCF matchups.

Chet
Reid
Jalen
Dort
SGA

Gobert
Towns
McDaniels
Edwards
Conley | Wallace (starts when ready)

Reid having 1 year on his contract vs Wallace 3 cheap rookie years+RFA makes this a non starter for the Thunder.

Not really. Reid would be extension available and earning and getting a starting gig would be a lock to stay.

And cost OKC way more hurting their ability to do other things.

Clearly a significant value difference here and no reason for OKC to punt value and solve a money issue for Minnesota just to be charitable. This isn't close to something OKC considers and its a home run for Minnesota.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,590

Post#64 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:02 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
mademan wrote:

And cost OKC way more hurting their ability to do other things.

Clearly a significant value difference here and no reason for OKC to punt value and solve a money issue for Minnesota just to be charitable. This isn't close to something OKC considers and its a home run for Minnesota.

Reid also can’t be extended since the contract is only for two years (with a third year PO that will be declined with speed)
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,683

Post#65 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 13, 2024 2:38 am

just for fun.

Trade Giddey and 12th for more future picks. Whateve the best offer is.

Give Claxton 25 mil first year front loaded. I’d rather it be a former Raptor forward or Paul George but they told me no..

Give Wiggins a 5 year deal around 45 mil. Give Joe a 4 year deal around 40. (Play with those numbers if you want, but just the idea)

That’s all the cap space. But now I have three great contracts for once the team gets expensive. If no Claxton, give Jonas a 36 million two year deal to be Chet’s backup.

I’d be looking at moving on from Kenrich+Dieng for DFS. Especially if it’s Jonas.. Probably has to be a third team, but I think the value is great for Brooklyn.. Some want more value added, go ahead.

If KD or Butler is available, trade for them. But just what I’d do if there’s no HOF’er coming..
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#66 » by Devilanche » Mon May 13, 2024 3:58 am

jayjaysee wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:If Wiggins and Joe aren’t traded, their options should be declined and both locked up. Wiggins cheaper, but giving them the bonus in 2024-2025 should get a discount on the long term deal. Id trade Wiggins and lock up Joe with some of the excess cap space.. can overpay Claxton and give Joe a front loaded long term deal..

That’s really smart jay re Wiggins and Joe. Since OKC has cap I’m not sure if that could also be a raise and extend? I’m not thinking all that through properly right now, but declining and signing would be really smart this offseason. I’d really like to keep both.

Wiggins I’m not sure second round contracts can be renegotiated. and Joe I believe was a waive/pick up and not actually a four year Deal..

But I’d do both and bank on neither pulling Boozer. Joe probably 2 mil more per year?

I’d be offering 5 year deals to both. I think they’ll only raise in value if you decide to trade them in 3 years. Or you keep them as part of the top 8 and are happy with guys making what will be 5-6% of the cap..

Even with that, OKC can be active in free agency once the roster is trimmed down (however that is done)

I may be wrong but wiggins should be an option that we can decline so we can offer him a new contract.
So either RFA this year or UFA next year.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.

Return to Trades and Transactions