New York - Atlanta

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,543

New York - Atlanta 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Mon May 13, 2024 2:32 am

Assumption: IH gets stolen in FA

New York trade: Bogdanovic, 2025 top 12 protected swap (ATL gets to swap worse of SAC/ATL 1st w/ best of DET/MIL/NYK 1st)
Atlanta trade Capela

Why for NYK: get a stopgap C to provide insurance for Robinson
Why for Atlanta: moves on from capela for some asset (assume they draft sarr)
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,239

Re: New York - Atlanta 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 13, 2024 2:42 am

That swap has a really good chance of being nothing. Detroit is picking in the top 12 and it seems likely the Bucks and Knicks have the best records of the other 4.

Can't see what this does for Atlanta really. For the Knicks its essentially a one year FA signing of a center knowing they can't count on Robinson and aren't going to pay Bojan.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Mon May 13, 2024 2:47 am

Texas Chuck wrote:That swap has a really good chance of being nothing. Detroit is picking in the top 12 and it seems likely the Bucks and Knicks have the best records of the other 4.

Can't see what this does for Atlanta really. For the Knicks its essentially a one year FA signing of a center knowing they can't count on Robinson and aren't going to pay Bojan.

yea i dont think capela have alot of positive value left with his decline and upcoming salary, could change the swaps into 2 seconds i suppose
Texas Chuck
And1: 90,239

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 13, 2024 2:52 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:That swap has a really good chance of being nothing. Detroit is picking in the top 12 and it seems likely the Bucks and Knicks have the best records of the other 4.

yea i dont think capela have alot of positive value left with his decline and upcoming salary, could change the swaps into 2 seconds i suppose

I don't think he has much value either, but this requires Atlanta to take back Bojan's money and I don't think that's interesting to them with no other incentive.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,847

Post#5 » by BowlRips » Mon May 13, 2024 2:51 pm

Not sure why Knicks are trading for a Center?
Knicks can offer iHart up to 4/72. I really doubt they lose him.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#6 » by Godaddycurse » Mon May 13, 2024 2:53 pm

BowlRips wrote:Not sure why Knicks are trading for a Center?

because other teams can offer more (looking at OKC)
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,046

Post#7 » by R-DAWG » Mon May 13, 2024 3:10 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
BowlRips wrote:Not sure why Knicks are trading for a Center?

because other teams can offer more (looking at OKC)

Being willing to offer more and actually offering more are two different things.

I can see OKC doing something similar to the deal Bruce Brown signed with Indiana this year - his 4 year value over 2 years with the 2nd year being a player option. As good as Hartenstein has been, I don't see him as good value once the contract gets into the $18-20MM plus range.

Return to Trades and Transactions