Trae Young for FVV + Green + #3

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,906

Re: Trae Young for FVV + Green + #3 

Post#41 » by gswhoops » Mon May 13, 2024 7:28 pm

ChettheJet wrote:The problem with the original deal is, everybody sees the Hawks have the first pick and are going to take the reset chance with whoever they take and some of who they keep. So nobody is going to send them back max value for Trae because ATL has backed itself into a corner.

Hard disagree with this. Like Wolveswin said, Trae would be the most valuable piece on the trade market and he's still young enough to fit with most teams' timelines. There would be a substantial bidding war for him if the Hawks shopped him.

The other side of that coin is that Trae is young enough to be part of a retool/rebuild effort - if they don't like the offers they get, they don't have to deal him.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 375

Post#42 » by Xman » Mon May 13, 2024 8:01 pm

First - Houston probably does not want to deal Green and ATL probably does not value him as highly as the team does. So, i doubt he goes. But, if ATL really wanted Green, then the OP is fair.

Personally, I would rather see Green stay. The offer is:
Vleet - for salary purposes and he is talented (plus nongrty after next year) (i will say again perfect for SA while developing a Topic or Dillingham or Castle).
2026 BKN pick
Team option guys that are solid bench guys (Tate, Landale, JeffGreen)
Steven Adams - if wanted or in swap since expiring
future picks - not big on shipping future picks but protected picks have limited value.
last to go - prospects

ATL gets #3, 2026 Bkn 1st, Vleet (to somewhere else maybe), expiring Adams, team option Landale
HOU gets Trae, Capela
- ATL gets picks, fill in players with team options
- could add on Bogdanovic for Tate and JeffGreen - Hou gets shooter off the bench and ATL shortens salary
ATL - Murray/Vleet/Hunter/JJo/Oko - with Sarr or Risacher and pick#3. Still a decent team.

Rox going forward:
pg - Trae, Amen (getting minutes 1-4)
sg - JalenG
sf - DBrooks, Whitmore (at the 2-3 spots)
pf - Jabari, Eason (minutes at both forward spots), JeffGreen
c - Sengun, Adams (or other)
- I would look to add a good shooter off the bench. Otherwise a solid team.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,442

Post#43 » by CP War Hawks » Mon May 13, 2024 8:34 pm

Hawks wouldn't have much interest in Green as they already have DJM. Green is essentially the same player as Lavine.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#44 » by Ell Curry » Mon May 13, 2024 10:39 pm

I think Atlanta has to get a 2025 pick, unless they're in love with Jalen Green. Also added Whitmore for Griffin because while I'm not a Trae guy (and I think Trae-Sengun might be rough defensively) he's still a star.

I am higher than others on a Dejounte-VanVleet backcourt, I think they'd gel nicely. Van Vleet always grades out nicely and his big issues are doing anything late in the shotclock which Dejounte and hopefully Jalen Johnson could handle more of.

Also very, very low on this draft.

Maybe something like this:

Atlanta - Van Vleet, 2025 top 2 protected (DET), Whitmore
Rockets - Trae Young, Cody Martin
Charlotte - Jalen Green, #3

and Charlotte can draft Clingan at #3 and a wing at #6. They've probably got enough space to keep Miles Bridges and sign say Gary Trent and try to make the playoffs with a team where only Micic is a rotation guy over 26 years old. They keep the pick only if it brings Flagg or the best wing, because missing out on either is probably a disaster. Most likely they're trading like the 8th pick in a good draft for #3 in a bad one and getting Jalen Green for free.

Mark Williams-Clingan-Richards
Grant Williams-Bridges
Miller-#6
Jalen Green-Trent
Lamelo-Micic

Rockets get Trae without losing a centerpiece. Probably have to burn a pick in trading for a 3+D type to start at the 2 if they can't sign one for the MLE but let's say they can get the other Martin for the MLE with his brother in town. It's basically an 8 man rotation with Eason and Amen getting say 28 minutes a night off the bench, Adams getting the 15 or so Sengun sits at center and that really only leaves 5-10 minutes a night for a 9th guy. Still have Jeff Green, Cody Martin and Landale and Brooklyn picks if they want to make a deal for a wing.

Sengun-Adams
Jabari-Eason
Brooks-Eason
CalebMartin-Amen-CodyMartin
TraeYoung-Amen

Hawks hope Lamelo gets hurt again, probably add a lottery pick and draft one of the wings next year:

Okongwu-Capela
Jalen Johnson-Sarr
Hunter-2025 CHO
VanVleet-Bogdanovic
Murray-VanVleet-Bufkin
Where's the D?
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 375

Post#45 » by Xman » Mon May 13, 2024 11:19 pm

CHA owes its pick to SA. Heavily protected and probably never goes but locks down their picks.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#46 » by Devilanche » Tue May 14, 2024 7:18 am

gswhoops wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Yep. And I have both of them being able to outbid Houston pretty easily if they want to.

Then Atlanta should put up Dejounte on the block next .

It's kind of an interesting philosophical question to me. Atlanta has a spectrum of options, all the way from full rebuild (trade Trae and Murray for picks + prospects + cap space) to full compete now (trade the #1 pick for a vet to build around Trae + DJM + JJ).

I feel like with DJM and Sarr/JJ/OO up front you could build a really nasty defensive team with still enough offensive juice to win a lot of games, kind of a 21st century grit & grind Grizzlies.

Yea really the team to watch this offseason together with Houston and Orlando.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,699

Post#47 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 14, 2024 10:14 am

Xman wrote:CHA owes its pick to SA. Heavily protected and probably never goes but locks down their picks.

The pick does next offseason no matter what. One time 2025 lottery protected or two seconds.. Charlotte can trade 3 of their own future firsts this offseason with the Miami and Dallas firsts they own..

That offer confused me though with Det and such and a top 3 pick being traded for a singular future pick..
Kiss of Death
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#48 » by Kiss of Death » Tue May 14, 2024 10:17 am

I don't think Trae Young is a Udoka type of player. Besides, why would you want a player who takes the ball out of Sengun's hands? He just makes no sense for the Rockets. Especially given his contract and what you have to give up to get him.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,944

Post#49 » by LarsV8 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:51 pm

Kiss of Death wrote:I don't think Trae Young is a Udoka type of player. Besides, why would you want a player who takes the ball out of Sengun's hands? He just makes no sense for the Rockets. Especially given his contract and what you have to give up to get him.

Because Trae is a significantly better player than Sengun.

Rockets base is obviously high on him, and rightly so, but he is simply is not an offensive hub. Trae Young is.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#50 » by NYG » Wed May 15, 2024 1:33 am

Wolveswin wrote:Let’s combine both WT headlines…

Trae Young + Bufkin

FOR

FVV + Jalen Green + #3

Is that too much for Trae? Hawks would have Green longterm in backcourt. How does FVV | Murray | Green work? FVV to 3rd team?

Rockets would get a great PG upgrade and slide Brooks and Amen (SG and SF) next to Trae.

I think it needs to be...

FVV to Team X
Team X Filler and Asset(s) + Green + 3 to ATL
Trae and Team X Filler to the Rockets

Who makes a good Team X?

What if FVV's value?
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#51 » by NYG » Wed May 15, 2024 1:39 am

CP War Hawks wrote:Hawks wouldn't have much interest in Green as they already have DJM. Green is essentially the same player as Lavine.

Would Murray be a nice fit next to Green/LaVine?

Return to Trades and Transactions