ATL - TOR - NOP

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,221

ATL - TOR - NOP 

Post#1 » by tcheco » Tue May 14, 2024 2:14 am

Ok, it all started with me thinking that Olynyk would be a perfect fit in the Pelicans, it expanded a little too much. Feel free to consider both alternatives

Pelicans trade:
Ingram
Dyson

Pelicans receive:
Dejounte
Olynyk

Dejounte/Alvarado
CJ/Hawkins
Herb/Murphy
Zion/Herb
Olynyk/Nance

Reasoning:
Pelicans find their PG that can cover defensively for CJ and add a perfect combination of spacing and handling to play next to Zion

Toronto trade:
Bruce Brown
Olynik

Toronto get:
Hunter
Dyson

IQ/Dyson
RJ/Dick
Hunter/Agbaji
Barnes/FA
Poetl/Boucher

Resoning:
Toronto cashes in trading two solid pieces(that are not in their window) for the potencial in Dyson and try to see if can get Hunter to play to his original potencial.

Hawks trade:
Dejounte
Hunter

Hawks get:
Ingram
Brown

Young/Kobe
Bogdanovic/Brown
Ingram/AJ Griffin
Jalen/OO
Sarr/Capela

Reasoning:
Hawks get the SF they have been missing in a while and a high energy guard that can be a point of attack defensive player. They balance their roster to receive the number 1 pick in a good situation. Capela should be traded eventually for a center needy team
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,010

Re: ATL - TOR - NOP 

Post#2 » by jayu70 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:21 am

tcheco wrote:Ok, it all started with me thinking that Olynyk would be a perfect fit in the Pelicans, it expanded a little too much. Feel free to consider both alternatives

Pelicans trade:
Ingram
Dyson

Pelicans receive:
Dejounte
Olynyk

Dejounte/Alvarado
CJ/Hawkins
Herb/Murphy
Zion/Herb
Olynyk/Nance

Reasoning:
Pelicans find their PG that can cover defensively for CJ and add a perfect combination of spacing and handling to play next to Zion

Toronto trade:
Bruce Brown
Olynik

Toronto get:
Hunter
Dyson

IQ/Dyson
RJ/Dick
Hunter/Agbaji
Barnes/FA
Poetl/Boucher

Resoning:
Toronto cashes in trading two solid pieces(that are not in their window) for the potencial in Dyson and try to see if can get Hunter to play to his original potencial.

Hawks trade:
Dejounte
Hunter

Hawks get:
Ingram
Brown

Young/Kobe
Bogdanovic/Brown
Ingram/AJ Griffin
Jalen/OO
Sarr/Capela

Reasoning:
Hawks get the SF they have been missing in a while and a high energy guard that can be a point of attack defensive player. They balance their roster to receive the number 1 pick in a good situation. Capela should be traded eventually for a center needy team

Hawks trade for two guys on 1 year deals, one of which is looking for big pay day? Pass
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 537

Post#3 » by raleigh » Tue May 14, 2024 2:23 am

jayu70 wrote:Hawks trade for two guys on 1 year deals, one of which is looking for big pay day? Pass

I'd do that in a nanosecond.
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by tcheco » Tue May 14, 2024 2:37 am

jayu70 wrote:
tcheco wrote:Ok, it all started with me thinking that Olynyk would be a perfect fit in the Pelicans, it expanded a little too much. Feel free to consider both alternatives

Pelicans trade:
Ingram
Dyson

Pelicans receive:
Dejounte
Olynyk

Dejounte/Alvarado
CJ/Hawkins
Herb/Murphy
Zion/Herb
Olynyk/Nance

Reasoning:

Toronto trade:
Bruce Brown
Olynik

Toronto get:
Hunter
Dyson

IQ/Dyson
RJ/Dick
Hunter/Agbaji
Barnes/FA
Poetl/Boucher

Resoning:

Hawks trade:
Dejounte
Hunter

Hawks get:
Ingram
Brown

Young/Kobe
Bogdanovic/Brown
Ingram/AJ Griffin
Jalen/OO
Sarr/Capela

Reasoning:

Hawks trade for two guys on 1 year deals, one of which is looking for big pay day? Pass

We can assume Ingram already accepted an extension, and Browns extension will definitelyl be cheaper than Hunters current contract.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#5 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue May 14, 2024 2:52 am

I do really like this for Toronto even though Hunter isn't the greatest contact. Dyson Daniels I feel like has the potential to be a good defensive guard he's still 21 years old and could fit next to Quickley going forward if all pans out.

This is a good start to tank for Flagg in 2025 and opens up the idea of moving both Boucher and Poeltl for whatever draft capital both could bring back
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by tcheco » Tue May 14, 2024 3:02 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:I do really like this for Toronto even though Hunter isn't the greatest contact. Dyson Daniels I feel like has the potential to be a good defensive guard he's still 21 years old and could fit next to Quickley going forward if all pans out.

This is a good start to tank for Flagg in 2025 and opens up the idea of moving both Boucher and Poeltl for whatever draft capital both could bring back

It was a little tricky finding the right return for toronto, but I liked this because Dyson is a project still, and Hunter has not been great, so in theory, for this year at least they are worse than keeping the two players that were traded, perfect for tanking like you said.
YayBasketball
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#7 » by YayBasketball » Tue May 14, 2024 5:57 am

Think Dyson is treated as too much of a throw-in here, and Olynyk isn't really a starting C on a playoff team, right? His skillset would be nice, but not worth Dyson. If Dyson’s being included, then I think Okongwu has to be coming to the Pels.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,797

Post#8 » by MessiahUjiri » Tue May 14, 2024 1:44 pm

YayBasketball wrote:Think Dyson is treated as too much of a throw-in here, and Olynyk isn't really a starting C on a playoff team, right? His skillset would be nice, but not worth Dyson. If Dyson’s being included, then I think Okongwu has to be coming to the Pels.

I agree with this.

Hawks and Raps say yes.

Pelicans ask for more.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by tcheco » Tue May 14, 2024 7:55 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:
YayBasketball wrote:Think Dyson is treated as too much of a throw-in here, and Olynyk isn't really a starting C on a playoff team, right? His skillset would be nice, but not worth Dyson. If Dyson’s being included, then I think Okongwu has to be coming to the Pels.

I agree with this.

Hawks and Raps say yes.

Pelicans ask for more.

Honestly, I think Olynyk is better than OO, and don't think Hawks care much about sending him out.

I don't think I've treated Dyson as a thrown in, it's the motivation for Toronto to be in this, as Hunter is at most neutral value in his contract.

Murray locked in a decent contract is more valuable than Ingram looking to get a max today in my eyes, Pelicans add him and a great fit in Olynyk, whom is cheaper than OO too.

I'd think that sending Kelly to the Hawks and OO to the Pelicans would work even better for Atlanta.

Pelicans get
Murray
OO

Hawks get
Ingram
Kelly
Brown

Toronto gets:
Hunter
Dyson
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,563

Post#10 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 14, 2024 7:56 pm

tcheco wrote: Hunter is at most neutral value in his contract.

I think he is negative/would get MLE or so if he was a FA after another injury plagued season
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,511

Post#11 » by Ball4life32 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:11 pm

tcheco wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:

I agree with this.

Hawks and Raps say yes.

Pelicans ask for more.

Honestly, I think Olynyk is better than OO, and don't think Hawks care much about sending him out.

I don't think I've treated Dyson as a thrown in, it's the motivation for Toronto to be in this, as Hunter is at most neutral value in his contract.

Murray locked in a decent contract is more valuable than Ingram looking to get a max today in my eyes, Pelicans add him and a great fit in Olynyk, whom is cheaper than OO too.

I'd think that sending Kelly to the Hawks and OO to the Pelicans would work even better for Atlanta.

Pelicans get
Murray
OO

Hawks get
Ingram
Kelly
Brown

Toronto gets:
Hunter
Dyson

No OO is only 23 and lock up on a nice contract. Definitely would keep him.

I’d be interested in Ingram/Murray based deal if Ingram will extend with ATL and doesn’t want a ton more than Murray got. No clue how much he wants.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,973

Post#12 » by psman2 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:16 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:

I think he is negative/would get MLE or so if he was a FA after another injury plagued season

I think if Hunter was a free agent right now he would still get something like a 4/85. Youngish still and body profile/skillset still fits what teams are looking for and just posted a .595 TS. What is the difference between him a guy like Cam Johnson who makes even more than him? Wings with size and can shoot that are entering their prime get overpaid every year.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#13 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 14, 2024 9:32 pm

psman2 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

I think if Hunter was a free agent right now he would still get something like a 4/85. Youngish still and body profile/skillset still fits what teams are looking for and just posted a .595 TS. What is the difference between him a guy like Cam Johnson who makes even more than him? Wings with size and can shoot that are entering their prime get overpaid every year.

Johnson is elite At 3 pt shooting. Hunter is just meh for his career (up and down). He also doesn't fit very well defensively at the 3 or 4. Add to his durability concerns i would shy away from paying him 20+
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,973

Post#14 » by psman2 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:41 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
psman2 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Johnson is elite At 3 pt shooting. Hunter is just meh for his career (up and down). He also doesn't fit very well defensively at the 3 or 4. Add to his durability concerns i would shy away from paying him 20+

Lets see what the market pays for Patrick Williams this offseason, not the perfect comparison but he really is not going to deserve what he gets paid this offseason either. There are going to be several guys the next two years that sign will start to make Hunter's deal look like the market rate.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#15 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 14, 2024 9:43 pm

psman2 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
psman2 wrote:

Lets see what the market pays for Patrick Williams this offseason, not the perfect comparison but he really is not going to deserve what he gets paid this offseason either. There are going to be several guys the next two years that sign will start to make Hunter's deal look like the market rate.

I think patrick williams will get a similar deal but i feel more comfortable giving it to williams with his better shooting and D
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,322

Post#16 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 9:55 pm

Free agents always get overpaid. I wouldn't want to use cap space to pay Cam on his money nor Williams on similar money.

But the good thing about Hunter is a team isn't having to sign him with cap space. So I think its easier to talk teams into moving out unwanted salary plus an asset for a guy who in theory addresses a need. Much like what Dallas did with PJ Washington, another flawed player but with some desirable traits.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,558

Post#17 » by dms269 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:30 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:
tcheco wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:

I agree with this.

Hawks and Raps say yes.

Pelicans ask for more.

Pelicans get
Murray
OO

Hawks get
Ingram
Kelly
Brown

Toronto gets:
Hunter
Dyson

No OO is only 23 and lock up on a nice contract. Definitely would keep him.

I’d be interested in Ingram/Murray based deal if Ingram will extend with ATL and doesn’t want a ton more than Murray got. No clue how much he wants.
Thought the rumor was that Ingram wanted a max/near max type of deal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24

Return to Trades and Transactions