Dejounte Revisited

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,442

Re: Dejounte Revisited 

Post#41 » by CP War Hawks » Tue May 14, 2024 3:57 am

mcfly1204 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Murray + #1

FOR

Johnson + #8

How many Hawks owed picks can Atlanta get in that deal?

This would be amazing for Spurs. Murray to lead the win-now team, and picks #1 and #4 to build long-long term juggernaut around Wemby.

Wemby
Sarr (#1)
Sochan
Vassell
Murray | (Topic? #4)

Wait, what? The Hawks are giving up the better player and the #1 overall pick?

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,185

Post#42 » by tiderulz » Tue May 14, 2024 7:22 am

Wolveswin wrote:
tcheco wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Murray + #1

FOR

Johnson + #8

This would be amazing for Spurs. Murray to lead the win-now team, and picks #1 and #4 to build long-long term juggernaut around Wemby.

Wemby
Sarr (#1)
Sochan
Vassell
Murray | (Topic? #4)

Don't see the Hawks landing the 1st pick to just trade away along their second best player to get their own picks back

Why? Perfect draft and lotto outcome to do just that. No Wemby to be had at #1. Playing with house money after moving up from #10 to #1.

Franchise changer landing #1 doesn’t mean drafting #1 for Hawks.

In my scenario they still win now trading Murray for Johnson - who is nice age and fit next to Trae using a Murray trade to accomplish. Still drafting #8 (better spot than when they went into lotto night) AND get more draft capital.

this is laughably bad for Atlanta. Murray >>>>>> Johnson. and then #1 >>>>>> #8. but you have Atlanta giving up Murray and #1 to move back and take a lesser player? What am I missing?
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,553

Post#43 » by dms269 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:39 am

tiderulz wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
tcheco wrote:
Don't see the Hawks landing the 1st pick to just trade away along their second best player to get their own picks back

Why? Perfect draft and lotto outcome to do just that. No Wemby to be had at #1. Playing with house money after moving up from #10 to #1.

In my scenario they still win now trading Murray for Johnson - who is nice age and fit next to Trae using a Murray trade to accomplish. Still drafting #8 (better spot than when they went into lotto night) AND get more draft capital.

this is laughably bad for Atlanta. Murray >>>>>> Johnson. and then #1 >>>>>> #8. but you have Atlanta giving up Murray and #1 to move back and take a lesser player? What am I missing?
To be fair, they did ask how many of the Hawks first the Spurs own would need to be returned to make up the value.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,625

Post#44 » by Wolveswin » Tue May 14, 2024 2:32 pm

dms269 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Why? Perfect draft and lotto outcome to do just that. No Wemby to be had at #1. Playing with house money after moving up from #10 to #1.

To be fair, they did ask how many of the Hawks first the Spurs own would need to be returned to make up the value.

That actually was the point of the whole post. lol

So much so, I went back days ago and bolded and bigged the question because no one reads in these parts.

Murray + #1

FOR

Johnson + #8

^ Imagine Hawks organization, going into lotto, if you said to them: “Instead of picking 10th, how is 8th, which will cost you Murray for Johnson* swap - BUT - you get ALL your draft capital back from Spurs too?”

*I like the Vassell suggestion. I wonder if Hawks could get ALL their draft capital back:

Murray + #1

FOR

Vassell + #8 + 25/27 Hawks 1sts + 26 Swap

If Hawks need to add, 25 Kings 1st would be easy to sacrifice to own their future again.

Capela | Okongwu
Jalen
Hunter
Vassell | BB
Trae

Plus #8. And of course, own all their future assets again.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,064

Post#45 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:39 am

Wolveswin wrote:
dms269 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:this is laughably bad for Atlanta. Murray >>>>>> Johnson. and then #1 >>>>>> #8. but you have Atlanta giving up Murray and #1 to move back and take a lesser player? What am I missing?

That actually was the point of the whole post. lol

So much so, I went back days ago and bolded and bigged the question because no one reads in these parts.

Murray + #1

FOR

Johnson + #8

^ Imagine Hawks organization, going into lotto, if you said to them: “Instead of picking 10th, how is 8th, which will cost you Murray for Johnson* swap - BUT - you get ALL your draft capital back from Spurs too?”

*I like the Vassell suggestion. I wonder if Hawks could get ALL their draft capital back:

Murray + #1

FOR

Vassell + #8 + 25/27 Hawks 1sts + 26 Swap

If Hawks need to add, 25 Kings 1st would be easy to sacrifice to own their future again.

Capela | Okongwu
Jalen
Hunter
Vassell | BB
Trae

Plus #8. And of course, own all their future assets again.

No way the Hawks should do this. Hawks are actually a very talented team sorely under-performing for various reasons. Hawks need to play win now and if Murray and Trae don't fit, then move Murray for a better win now fit. There is no reason to trade #1 unless blown away by offer.

It appears that Sarr is seen as #1 and he is exactly what the Hawks need to fix their front court: size, mobility, great D and very nice potential on O

I have no problem sending the Spurs a couple of picks in the 20s. Just need to get the pieces to fit better. The talent is there

Return to Trades and Transactions