Playing with DJM for Caruso, with LAL

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,703

Playing with DJM for Caruso, with LAL 

Post#1 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 14, 2024 4:00 pm

So it’s all sloppy work here. But I love Caruso with Trae.

Atlanta: Murray
Atlanta: Vincent, Caruso, Carter, 2025 Portland first, 2026 swap, LAL 2029 first (top 4 protected 2x)

Atlanta gets one of the better guard pairings with Trae and a distant pick for DJM. Takes on some meh salaried point guards that will probably be flipped later.

Chicago: Caruso, Carter, Portland first
Chicago: Rui and 17th

Chicago gets a forward and a mid first for Caruso. Turn a long shot first into an actual first and stay salary neutral.

LAL: Rui, Vincent, 17th, 2026 swap, 2029 first (top 4 protected 2x)
LAL: Murray

LAL gets Murray and pays LBJ for a two year run.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,909

Re: Playing with DJM for Caruso, with LAL 

Post#2 » by gswhoops » Tue May 14, 2024 4:07 pm

I think the Lakers get outbid for DJM pretty easily if their offer is the 17th pick in a weak draft and a protected pick 5 years from now.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#3 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 14, 2024 4:12 pm

gswhoops wrote:I think the Lakers get outbid for DJM pretty easily if their offer is the 17th pick in a weak draft and a protected pick 5 years from now.

So it has to be Reaves not Vincent? Or does that not close the gap?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,284

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 4:12 pm

gswhoops wrote:I think the Lakers get outbid for DJM pretty easily if their offer is the 17th pick in a weak draft and a protected pick 5 years from now.

Maybe? OTOH we know the Hawks shopped him really hard last deadline and couldn't find a deal. The most logical reason for that is a soft market since we had a motivated seller.

But just take off the top 4 so the Hawks get all the upward variance instead of insuring they can't get a premium pick at all. That helps.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
kds92
Pro Prospect
And1: 711

Post#5 » by kds92 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:17 pm

Everyone keeps saying the Lakers will get outbid for Dejounte, but I just don't know how much teams value him.

I think this deal is fair. If you unprotect the 2029 pick, no swap is needed. The best the Lakers will offer is either Reaves + 1 first or no Reaves + 2 firsts. Other teams can certainly beat that offer, but will they?
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,553

Post#6 » by dms269 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:25 pm

I don't see Atlanta wanting to take on Vincent as dead salary without some type of compensation for doing so.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,909

Post#7 » by gswhoops » Tue May 14, 2024 4:25 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Maybe? OTOH we know the Hawks shopped him really hard last deadline and couldn't find a deal. The most logical reason for that is a soft market since we had a motivated seller.

But just take off the top 4 so the Hawks get all the upward variance instead of insuring they can't get a premium pick at all. That helps.

Yeah that's a fair counter. I think it's hard to say without knowing what Atlanta was asking for him and what offers (if any) they rejected.

I just have a hard time seeing someone like Orlando not offering something like say Black, the #18 pick, and cap space for DJM and that beats LAL's offer pretty handily.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#8 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue May 14, 2024 4:42 pm

gswhoops wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Yeah that's a fair counter. I think it's hard to say without knowing what Atlanta was asking for him and what offers (if any) they rejected.

I just have a hard time seeing someone like Orlando not offering something like say Black, the #18 pick, and cap space for DJM and that beats LAL's offer pretty handily.

Bingo, if that’s all it takes Orlando makes that deal immediately.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#9 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 14, 2024 5:20 pm

I’d take LAL’s 2029 first over Orlando’s honestly..

But seems like LAL is the wrong third team so far..
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,944

Post#10 » by ChettheJet » Tue May 14, 2024 6:22 pm

This is more like it, better than the again.

Rui is no all star but he starts at the 4, they either let DeRozan walk or get something back in a S&T. Look at what someone will offer for Lavine and, Vucevic. They resign Patrick Williams and he starts at the 3. The PORT pick is just paper, I contend it's worth more to PORT to get it back than any team to wait on it. Carter is no loss.

I know everyone says it's a weak draft, so go against the conventional thinking and find two guys at #11 and 17 that look like they could grown into the players you want. The Bulls saw Jimmy Butler take a couple of years to be Jimmy Buckets, Markkanen took time to develop when he left, they have Coby White who has found his way in year 5, Ayo stepped up this year, they have seen flashes from PWill. Get some expiring veterans, some kids who didn't live up to their potential as you wait on your two draft picks to learn.

Return to Trades and Transactions