Miles Bridges sign n trade for John Collins?

Moderators: MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,029

Miles Bridges sign n trade for John Collins? 

Post#1 » by JustBuzzin » Tue May 14, 2024 9:03 pm

This is just a straight up swap sign n trade.

Hornets trade: Bridges
Jazz trade: Collins

Hornets basically move on from Bridges. He was great, but I think the franchise wants to move in a different direction and bring in defensive minded players without questionable character. Collins offers a legit pf body and can spread the floor. Charlotte goes with a more defensive lineup with Collins/Mark frontcourt.

Jazz obviously get a talented player who can put up 20ppg and offers them some legit athleticism at the wing position.

Who says no?
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,922

Re: Miles Bridges sign n trade for John Collins? 

Post#2 » by gswhoops » Tue May 14, 2024 9:04 pm

I'm not so sure "defensive-minded" and "John Collins" belong in the same sentence.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,711

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:06 pm

John Collins isn't a good defender and has negative trade value. I'd have grave concerns about the Hornets new FO if they did this.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,973

Post#4 » by psman2 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:07 pm

Collins just had a terrible year on D and he was never great there to start. I think there will be SNT possibilities with Char eating bad expirings and getting a 1st for him. If not just letting him walk is much preferred than eating Collins.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,497

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:10 pm

I don't want Bridges, but I'd attach #29 to Collins to make him go away.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#6 » by JustBuzzin » Tue May 14, 2024 9:36 pm

jbk1234 wrote:John Collins isn't a good defender and has negative trade value. I'd have grave concerns about the Hornets new FO if they did this.

Yeah I probably shouldn't have said good defender.

I like this trade because we get a bigger body and a true pf. Collins helps with rebounding while spacing the floor. I also like the fact he can play small ball center.

If we could get a pick as well that would be awesome.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#7 » by JustBuzzin » Tue May 14, 2024 9:37 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I don't want Bridges, but I'd attach #29 to Collins to make him go away.

That would be fine with me. :D
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,717

Post#8 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 14, 2024 9:37 pm

Yeah, maybe the wrong Collins?

This is a lot worse than just letting Bridges go. Maybe a third team (who actually wants Bridges) adding value to Charlotte and Utah adding minor value if necessary at that point..
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,403

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 9:45 pm

Why is Bridges signing with Utah? This always gets left out of these trades but can't be. He's a free agent. These teams can't just agree to this without him.

So the Jazz are having to pay and guarantee him the most money. Which seems really risky for a guy with a pretty flawed game who is never going to be a guy you feel is a stable part of your organization you can build around.

I think he's almost a lock to be a Hornet next year because they've already absorbed the PR hit and are desperate for talent and will make the whole we can't just let a guy go mistake. But because no team is going to guarantee this guy a bunch of money, he will have to take a deal with lots of non-gtd money just like Porter Jr did.

But assuming Utah feels like he's worth a big stupid contract and he chooses to take their money, then Charlotte should pass on just taking Collins back for no incentive. They can be terrible without him, they would be terrible with him.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#10 » by JustBuzzin » Tue May 14, 2024 10:13 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Why is Bridges signing with Utah? This always gets left out of these trades but can't be. He's a free agent. These teams can't just agree to this without him.

So the Jazz are having to pay and guarantee him the most money. Which seems really risky for a guy with a pretty flawed game who is never going to be a guy you feel is a stable part of your organization you can build around.

I think he's almost a lock to be a Hornet next year because they've already absorbed the PR hit and are desperate for talent and will make the whole we can't just let a guy go mistake. But because no team is going to guarantee this guy a bunch of money, he will have to take a deal with lots of non-gtd money just like Porter Jr did.

But assuming Utah feels like he's worth a big stupid contract and he chooses to take their money, then Charlotte should pass on just taking Collins back for no incentive. They can be terrible without him, they would be terrible with him.

There was a rumor that Utah/Cleveland/Detroit are the teams who will be interested in signing him this offseason. I guess he goes there for the money.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 560

Post#11 » by PhillyNj » Tue May 14, 2024 11:04 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Why is Bridges signing with Utah? This always gets left out of these trades but can't be. He's a free agent. These teams can't just agree to this without him.

There was a rumor that Utah/Cleveland/Detroit are the teams who will be interested in signing him this offseason. I guess he goes there for the money.

If the Sixers strike out on George. I think Bridges could get a good offer from them. 4/100 possibly.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,607

Post#12 » by HornetJail » Tue May 14, 2024 11:14 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I don't want Bridges, but I'd attach #29 to Collins to make him go away.

if we do let Bridges walk, I'd take that
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,607

Post#13 » by HornetJail » Tue May 14, 2024 11:15 pm

could we attach stuff like Bertans ($5M guarantee) or Richards or Martin to bring our numbers down a bit?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,497

Post#14 » by babyjax13 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:27 pm

HornetJail wrote:could we attach stuff like Bertans ($5M guarantee) or Richards or Martin to bring our numbers down a bit?

Obviously, we talked about this, I imagine that this could be negotiated. Maybe Utah asks for 42 to be included or something (I don't really think so).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,343

Post#15 » by amcoolio » Tue May 14, 2024 11:28 pm

I don't mind trading Bridges to help LaMelo grow up but Collins isn't it

I do think a fringe contender/contender will give a good piece for Bridges. Despite what people think of him he's better than a lot of what's available and these teams don't have options
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,866

Post#16 » by the_process » Wed May 15, 2024 1:01 am

The Sixers would be interested in that IMO.
SkyHook
Analyst
And1: 1,852

Post#17 » by SkyHook » Wed May 15, 2024 2:23 am

I'm with you halfway on this.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief
You can call me faithless.
But I still cling to hope and I believe in love
And that's faith enough for me.

— Faithless by Rush (lyrics. Neil Peart)
SkyHook
Analyst
And1: 1,852

Post#18 » by SkyHook » Wed May 15, 2024 2:27 am

JustBuzzin wrote:

There's been discussion locally in Utah that this is likely Klutch spin for leverage in negotiations with Charlotte. Not sure if that's just media speculation or from anonymous team sources.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief
You can call me faithless.
But I still cling to hope and I believe in love
And that's faith enough for me.

— Faithless by Rush (lyrics. Neil Peart)

Return to Trades and Transactions