The Other Hawks

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,698

The Other Hawks 

Post#1 » by NYG » Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 pm

What could the Hawks get in non-Trae/Dejounte deals?

If they still wanted to contend and get better fitting veterans via Capela, Bogdan and Hunter deals... who would be the best fits that they could get in return?
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,304

Re: The Other Hawks 

Post#2 » by Dan Z » Wed May 15, 2024 12:08 am

If they plan on keeping Trae then I think they should go after Caruso. Maybe the Sacramento pick and/or AJ Griffin (salaries would have to be worked out)? However, I don't think the Bulls are willing to trade him.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,698

Post#3 » by NYG » Wed May 15, 2024 12:11 am

I like Bogdan and Hunter for LaVine if they trade Trae. LaVine could be a nice fit next to Murray.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,077

Post#4 » by azuresou1 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:59 am

I don't think it makes sense to discuss other Hawks trades without a resolution to Trae/DJM. DJM has the third most value on the team (after Trae/JJ) and he pairs horribly with Trae (significantly negative BPM when both play together).

The fit is going to depend on what the return for DJM looks like
SkyHook
Analyst
And1: 1,846

Post#5 » by SkyHook » Wed May 15, 2024 2:45 am

NYG wrote:What could the Hawks get in non-Trae/Dejounte deals?

If they still wanted to contend and get better fitting veterans via Capela, Bogdan and Hunter deals... who would be the best fits that they could get in return?

Is everyone available in this scenario? Jalen Johnson would garner some attractive proposals.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief
You can call me faithless.
But I still cling to hope and I believe in love
And that's faith enough for me.

— Faithless by Rush (lyrics. Neil Peart)
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,282

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 15, 2024 2:56 am

azuresou1 wrote:I don't think it makes sense to discuss other Hawks trades without a resolution to Trae/DJM.

Yep two primary things to determine are are we keeping the pick and who are we taking if we do. And to me its an easy decision to keep Trae and trade Murray unless Trae has quietly made it known to them he wants to move on or something surprising.

But I'd keep an ear out at least on the others. If someone wants to give me more than I think my guy is worth I don't see a reason not to cash out on almost anyone(I'm assuming Johnson is effectively off-limits).
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 536

Post#7 » by raleigh » Wed May 15, 2024 2:37 pm

NYG wrote:What could the Hawks get in non-Trae/Dejounte deals?

Bogi is unlikely to be traded unless the Hawks decide to do a complete teardown. He's beloved by the FO and fans, has a declining contract, and is terrific in his role. As silly as it sounds, it would take an overpay.

Despite also being liked by the FO and having a relatively good season, Hunter would be traded if they could find someone to fill his role (big, "dirty work" wing who can attack if Trae gets doubled). I don't think they're capable of doing that, so, if anything, he'll be packaged with Trae at some point.

Capela gets a ton of criticism but he's still a solid contributor. Because of the Hawks' cap woes, I think they would dump him into someone's capspace. OKC should consider doing that. He's a great vet, knows his limitations, and could be a real difference-maker in limited minutes for them.

There are a few other guys that teams should consider:

AJ Griffin and Gary Matthews are "cheap & available shooters." Umm, a team like the Lakers should call.

Mo Gueye has shown some intriguing flashes but is about to be buried behind Sarr indefinitely. If I were the Wizards, I'd call about him.

A team not looking to compete next year should offer Saddiq Bey a multi-year deal a la Zach Collins a few years back. He was asked to do too much in Atlanta, and they really can't afford to keep him while he recovers.
Astaluego
Junior
And1: 164

Post#8 » by Astaluego » Wed May 15, 2024 2:53 pm

I read here that Hunter is seen as a contract that oscillates between neutral/slightly negative... I would like to have him in the Mavs if the cost were, say, THJ+Powell and an SRP as a sweetener
Old Mike Lorenzo

Return to Trades and Transactions