Orlando - Portland - NOP - Detroit

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Re: Orlando - Portland - NOP - Detroit 

Post#41 » by Kalamazoo317 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:17 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Kalamazoo317 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:I don't have 14,18, 34 and WCJ as salary as getting you to 5 which is the value here.

Don't mind this for Orlando.
Hate it for Detroit
Love it for Portland
Meh for NOP. I get this deal for them, but obviously if just the Detroit portion was available I'm cutting the rest of this out. I could easily replace the value of 18 internally. Now I have 5 and a huge TPE and plenty of assets to use to get a center while still having pick 5.

I'm curious why you hate it for Detroit. Ingram is probably a better prospect than we're likely to get at #5 and is still young enough. You obviously only do it if you're planning (and feel likely to be able) to re-sign Ingram longterm. Do you not like Ingram's fit on the Pistons or do you not think he + 18 are fair value for the 5?

I just don't think Ingram is good enough to move Detroit meaningfully forward and then in a year he and Cade are both on max deals and the team is expensive and still shy on talent.

I know the talk in Detroit is we can't have another season like that and so some short-term thinking is being bandied about, but the suffering already happened. Don't compound it by Josh Smith/Ben Gordoning yourself all over again. I want to keep adding all the young talent I can and then I can spend free agent money on vets to help me win 30 games this year if I want. (I'd probably try and sell space for assets).

Fair enough. If you basically don't believe that Ingram is a winning player, then, yeah, you probably wouldn't want to give up much for him.

Return to Trades and Transactions