Trade offers for Darius Garland?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,033

Trade offers for Darius Garland? 

Post#1 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 16, 2024 7:06 am

Based on the wiretape it seems the Cavs plan to sign Mitchell to an extension and trade Garland.

So I will start off Miles Bridges for Garland sign n trade. There were reports earlier in the season that Cleveland wanted Bridges. I think this would be a fair swap. Garland didn't really improve his trade value in the playoffs.

What's your offer for Garland?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,498

Re: Trade offers for Darius Garland? 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:10 am

I think Bridges for Garland is a terrible offer unless Charlotte adds quite a bit of value and I don't see the fit for them, either.

Ingram + 2025 LAL 1st is the easiest one

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,033

Post#3 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 16, 2024 7:21 am

babyjax13 wrote:I think Bridges for Garland is a terrible offer unless Charlotte adds quite a bit of value and I don't see the fit for them, either.

Garland is making 40mil a year and is overpaid for his production. Expecting a pick with Ingram is wild.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,476

Post#4 » by Slava » Thu May 16, 2024 7:30 am

Is he even any better than D’Angelo Russell?
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,498

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:31 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I think Bridges for Garland is a terrible offer unless Charlotte adds quite a bit of value and I don't see the fit for them, either.

Garland is making 40mil a year and is overpaid for his production. Expecting a pick with Ingram is wild.

Garland averaged 22/8 two seasons in a row on good efficiency and was an all-star. I'd happily pay him that, and he's worth more than Ingram because he is under contract. He is also really young and is a great game manager. I'd happily have the Jazz pay him that.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,339

Post#6 » by Slim Charless » Thu May 16, 2024 8:07 am

Slava wrote:Is he even any better than D’Angelo Russell?

Yes. By a wide margin.

Happy to help.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,339

Post#7 » by Slim Charless » Thu May 16, 2024 8:13 am

To answer OP's question, I think the Nets make the most sense. Something along the lines of CamJo and all of the PHX picks that BRK has for Garland make sense. CamJo's shooting will augment Mitchell/Mobley nicely. Allen too, unless they trade him-which they should for a good wing to pair with Mtichell.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,213

Post#8 » by Mavrelous » Thu May 16, 2024 9:17 am

Vassel + Hawks 25/27 1sts + Bulls 1st.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Monky15
Starter
And1: 697

Post#9 » by Monky15 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:17 am

Rockets for FVV, #3 and Eason. Rockets do it for a pgof. Cavs get a bench scorer, big man depth and a pick to use or trade.
Magic for Franz Wagner. Magic do it for a pgof. Cavs do it for frontcourt length and spacing.
Spurs for Pics(s). Spurs do it for a pgof. Cavs do it for more flexible trade assets
Wizards for Deni and Draft capital. Wiz do it to add another young player next to Bilal and pick #2. Cavs do it for wing depth, cap relief and more flexible assets.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,092

Post#10 » by sisibilio » Thu May 16, 2024 9:41 am

Yes. A lot.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,640

Post#11 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 16, 2024 9:55 am

Slim Charless wrote:To answer OP's question, I think the Nets make the most sense. Something along the lines of CamJo and all of the PHX picks that BRK has for Garland make sense. CamJo's shooting will augment Mitchell/Mobley nicely. Allen too, unless they trade him-which they should for a good wing to pair with Mtichell.

I wouldn’t do that if I’m Brooklyn.

The Suns 1sts are reserved for superstars exclusively.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Post#12 » by youngcrev » Thu May 16, 2024 10:16 am

Yeah, a deal involving the Pelicans and Ingram feels like the most obviously answer. And I would also have the Pelicans needing to add value in that swap.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,092

Post#13 » by sisibilio » Thu May 16, 2024 10:20 am

I like the Wiz option if i'm the Cavs.
Avdija + S&T Jones + picks

As a Garland fan i'd prefer him going to the Spurs though
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Post#14 » by youngcrev » Thu May 16, 2024 10:22 am

Does a KAT for Garland deal make sense? TWolves shave some salary and get a long-term solution at PG. Cavs would need to do something with Allen, but the fit of KAT with Mitchell/Mobley feels obvious
Kiss of Death
Pro Prospect
And1: 845

Post#15 » by Kiss of Death » Thu May 16, 2024 10:30 am

Monky15 wrote:Rockets for FVV, #3 and Eason. Rockets do it for a pgof. Cavs get a bench scorer, big man depth and a pick to use or trade.
Magic for Franz Wagner. Magic do it for a pgof. Cavs do it for frontcourt length and spacing.
Spurs for Pics(s). Spurs do it for a pgof. Cavs do it for more flexible trade assets
Wizards for Deni and Draft capital. Wiz do it to add another young player next to Bilal and pick #2. Cavs do it for wing depth, cap relief and more flexible assets.

I don't know about the other teams but the Rockets deal definitely is not happening.
Astaluego
Junior
And1: 176

Post#16 » by Astaluego » Thu May 16, 2024 10:40 am

Slim Charless wrote:To answer OP's question, I think the Nets make the most sense. Something along the lines of CamJo and all of the PHX picks that BRK has for Garland make sense. CamJo's shooting will augment Mitchell/Mobley nicely. Allen too, unless they trade him-which they should for a good wing to pair with Mtichell.

The Suns' picks could be much more valuable than Garland, even just one...since they project very high...Garland's Playoffs have been a disaster if you take into account his salary+defense.. I like the Magic for A.Black+FRP and a lot of savings
Old Mike Lorenzo
Astaluego
Junior
And1: 176

Post#17 » by Astaluego » Thu May 16, 2024 10:44 am

sisibilio wrote:

Yes. A lot.

Yes, Garland in the past was even an allstar...so was Russell...I understand that he is young, so was D'lo when he was allstart...I don't think it is a good time to change him if you want to get his maximum value ..but it has been very mediocre in these playoffs
Old Mike Lorenzo
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,903

Post#18 » by Skybox » Thu May 16, 2024 10:47 am

Kiss of Death wrote:
Monky15 wrote:Rockets for FVV, #3 and Eason. Rockets do it for a pgof. Cavs get a bench scorer, big man depth and a pick to use or trade.

I don't know about the other teams but the Rockets deal definitely is not happening.

Add ORL to the “no chance” list. He’s talented but ORL just watched him disappear in a playoff series. Would happily discuss a trade but not for Franz…or Suggs, for that matter. Garland’s deal makes him a questionable value, despite being really good. Maybe he’ll explode out of Mitchell’s overwhelming shadow, but risky at $40m+
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,715

Post#19 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:56 am

Astaluego wrote:
sisibilio wrote:

Yes. A lot.

Yes, Garland in the past was even an allstar...so was Russell...I understand that he is young, so was D'lo when he was allstart...I don't think it is a good time to change him if you want to get his maximum value ..but it has been very mediocre in these playoffs

Garland averaged 8.6 assists per game, to go along with 22 points, the year before we traded for Mitchell. I don't think people appreciate how rare that type of playmaking talent is. Mobley would've scored 40 tonight if both he and Garland weren't completely gassed in the 4th.

Also, Garland is still young.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,484

Post#20 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu May 16, 2024 11:05 am

Orlando wouldn’t trade Suggs for him let alone Franz (their best asset if they decided to move him).

People need to understand that Orlando is very patient and understands their timeline. Garland is a fine player, but Cleveland isn’t a good trading partner unless they’re completely bottoming out or adding a 3rd team.

Orlando is also equipped w/ over 40m in cap and could go many directions in that regard.

There’s also this weird conspiracy that Orlando’s FO is anti Klutch so there’s that.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.

Return to Trades and Transactions