Donovan Mitchell to the Nets, Lakers, Heat or Rockets?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 330

Re: Donovan Mitchell to the Nets, Lakers, Heat or Rockets? 

Post#81 » by JKiddy » Thu May 16, 2024 9:25 pm

Likely CLE will ask for one of the Suns, the Dal or Philly one, and one of the Nets future (or swap).

This likely only happens if Mitchell has let CLE know he wants to only go to BK or a NY Team. This might have already happened behind the scenes.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,434

Post#82 » by drosestruts » Thu May 16, 2024 9:34 pm

I don't think the Cavs will be looking for picks and a re-build situation if Mitchell asks out - they'll want to find a trade that they feel keeps them moving forward on their current trajectory.

Therefore, amongst these 4 teams, I think Houston puts together the best package for Cleveland that's centered around Jalen Green and Amen Thompson.

Houston adds Mitchell who fits in seamlessly with the starting group of FVV-Brooks-Smith-Sengun

Cavs go 2:1 turning Mitchell into two promising young players. Green had a great close to the season which could be a sign of things to come and Thompson provides upside as well.

Steven Adams' expiring alone closes the salary gap for a trade like this. Think both teams get what they're looking for.

Don't think any of these other teams can offer the young talent Houston can.
_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 495

Post#83 » by _GH0ST_ » Thu May 16, 2024 9:41 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
_GH0ST_ wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
How was ownership bad? You must know something I don’t. Please be specific.

Let’s be clear about what’s going to happen. Mitchell will not be choosing a team, he will be leaking a list of acceptable teams to Woj/Shams.

Will his list include Miami and LA exclusively, or it will it be the same as his previous one?

You can say whatever you want about the Nets, but if they’re on his list they will pursue him aggressively and can make the best offer.

I think I've been clear enough. The big 3 of KD, Kyrie and Harden were a huge flop. Ownership probably played a part in this failure lol

As I said in my first message, I think the Heat and Lakers have a better chance. If the Nets are on the list, they will definitely be aggressive. I just don't believe the Nets will be on the list. The Nets were one of the teams on his list a few years ago, but that team also included KD and Kyrie. He'll be 28 next season and I don't think he'll want any more risky adventures.

The flop was due to injuries and vaccination laws. Any blame on the owner is dishonest. He can’t change mayoral policy or ligament integrity.

We’ll see. The Mitchell to NY smoke has been too strong for there not to be a fire.

If he puts the Nets on his list then they basically get to decide if they want him or not by virtue of having the best offer.

I don't want to make this long, but you are bringing it up in a ridiculous and meaningless way. I actually found a few news links about Durant's disappointment with Tsai, but there's no need because no matter what you say, people won't remember the details you say. When people look back, they will only think of disappointment rather than vaccination or disability. Durant, Kyrie and Harden repeatedly requested trades and fled the Nets.

Miami went through the same thing after LeBron left Miami. It was not the front office's fault, but they were made a scapegoat and that wasn't a good image. At least for a while.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#84 » by LarsV8 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:54 pm

drosestruts wrote:Therefore, amongst these 4 teams, I think Houston puts together the best package for Cleveland that's centered around Jalen Green and Amen Thompson.

Amen Thompson is not on the table.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,719

Post#85 » by mademan » Thu May 16, 2024 10:08 pm

JKiddy wrote:Likely CLE will ask for one of the Suns, the Dal or Philly one, and one of the Nets future (or swap).

This likely only happens if Mitchell has let CLE know he wants to only go to BK or a NY Team. This might have already happened behind the scenes.

Durant said he wanted PHX...you guys still got a load. Lillard said he wanted Miami, Portland still got a ton.

You cant honestly believe 2 1sts and expirings will get Mitchell. Thats basically what Harden, who couldnt secure himself a max, went for a year ago, lol
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,640

Post#86 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 16, 2024 10:18 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
_GH0ST_ wrote:I think I've been clear enough. The big 3 of KD, Kyrie and Harden were a huge flop. Ownership probably played a part in this failure lol

As I said in my first message, I think the Heat and Lakers have a better chance. If the Nets are on the list, they will definitely be aggressive. I just don't believe the Nets will be on the list. The Nets were one of the teams on his list a few years ago, but that team also included KD and Kyrie. He'll be 28 next season and I don't think he'll want any more risky adventures.

The flop was due to injuries and vaccination laws. Any blame on the owner is dishonest. He can’t change mayoral policy or ligament integrity.

We’ll see. The Mitchell to NY smoke has been too strong for there not to be a fire.

If he puts the Nets on his list then they basically get to decide if they want him or not by virtue of having the best offer.

I don't want to make this long, but you are bringing it up in a ridiculous and meaningless way. I actually found a few news links about Durant's disappointment with Tsai, but there's no need because no matter what you say, people won't remember the details you say. When people look back, they will only think of disappointment rather than vaccination or disability. Durant, Kyrie and Harden repeatedly requested trades and fled the Nets.

Miami went through the same thing after LeBron left Miami. It was not the front office's fault, but they were made a scapegoat and that wasn't a good image. At least for a while.

Everyone who paid attention puts the blame on the players, primarily Kyrie Irving’s anti-vax and anti-Semitic behavior.

You can say anything you want but it doesn’t change that reality.

Let me know when you find evidence for your bad owner claim. Durant has had issues everywhere he’s gone, and already has issues in Phoenix. Most people put that on him not his teams.

The only ridiculous thing is to make a claim and then not be able to actually back it up.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,874

Post#87 » by DowJones » Thu May 16, 2024 10:42 pm

JKiddy wrote:Likely CLE will ask for one of the Suns, the Dal or Philly one, and one of the Nets future (or swap).

As a Cavs fan I would be out on this. 1 PHX pick and 1 lesser pick? I would gladly take the Laker package.
_GH0ST_
Junior

Post#88 » by _GH0ST_ » Fri May 17, 2024 5:43 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
_GH0ST_ wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Everyone who paid attention puts the blame on the players, primarily Kyrie Irving’s anti-vax and anti-Semitic behavior.

Let me know when you find evidence for your bad owner claim. Durant has had issues everywhere he’s gone, and already has issues in Phoenix. Most people put that on him not his teams.

The only ridiculous thing is to make a claim and then not be able to actually back it up.

You can find many links about this with a little research on Google. I can't turn this place into a link dump because it's prohibited. I think you have the capacity to do this lol

I tried to explain to you with many examples that even if you are right, people's perspective on this event will not change, but you do not want to understand. Yes, this does not change the fact. It's a fact that the Nets are a team with bad ownership and are always disappointing. You can be sure it looks like this from the outside. You don't see the same picture as the rest of the league.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,152

Post#89 » by axeman23 » Fri May 17, 2024 6:26 am

DowJones wrote:

As a Cavs fan I would be out on this. 1 PHX pick and 1 lesser pick? I would gladly take the Laker package.

Yeah, this offer matched up with the players "offered" (Simmons exp or Cam Johnson with DFS) is tyre-kicking , nothing more... :sigh:
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,140

Post#90 » by ejftw » Fri May 17, 2024 7:10 am

Man, since a Net fan doesn't want to include anything of value, might as well chip in as a Clipper fan and say let's convince PG to do an opt in and trade for Mitchell and Niang (or Wade, not sure which, if either, Cleveland doesn't want) with whatever swaps Clips still have available. With a second and third deal of Kobe for Jerome and Bones (or Coffey) for Merrill.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,640

Post#91 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Fri May 17, 2024 10:58 am

_GH0ST_ wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
_GH0ST_ wrote:I don't want to make this long, but you are bringing it up in a ridiculous and meaningless way. I actually found a few news links about Durant's disappointment with Tsai, but there's no need because no matter what you say, people won't remember the details you say. When people look back, they will only think of disappointment rather than vaccination or disability. Durant, Kyrie and Harden repeatedly requested trades and fled the Nets.

You can find many links about this with a little research on Google. I can't turn this place into a link dump because it's prohibited. I think you have the capacity to do this lol

I tried to explain to you with many examples that even if you are right, people's perspective on this event will not change, but you do not want to understand. Yes, this does not change the fact. It's a fact that the Nets are a team with bad ownership and are always disappointing. You can be sure it looks like this from the outside. You don't see the same picture as the rest of the league.

I don’t need to google for some random article. Random articles don’t make something fact. I’ve lived through 3 owners of this team and observed many owners of other teams.

My opinion on owners is that as long as they’re willing to pay the luxury tax and allow quality professionals to make the basketball decisions, they are largely inconsequential. Tsai is inconsequential.

But you showed your real intent in that last paragraph. You don’t actually have any interest in discussing who is or isn’t a good owner.

You just want to talk trash.
JKiddy
Sixth Man

Post#92 » by JKiddy » Fri May 17, 2024 12:48 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
_GH0ST_ wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Preach :nod:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,492

Post#93 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 17, 2024 12:53 pm

Please get back on topic.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
_GH0ST_
Junior

Post#94 » by _GH0ST_ » Fri May 17, 2024 1:24 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
_GH0ST_ wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

I don’t need to google for some random article. Random articles don’t make something fact. I’ve lived through 3 owners of this team and observed many owners of other teams.

My opinion on owners is that as long as they’re willing to pay the luxury tax and allow quality professionals to make the basketball decisions, they are largely inconsequential. Tsai is inconsequential.

But you showed your real intent in that last paragraph. You don’t actually have any interest in discussing who is or isn’t a good owner.

You just want to talk trash.

Everyone saw that I was trying to explain the situation clearly to you in good faith from the very beginning. On the contrary, you are the one who uses an accusatory tone in every message.

Stop quoting me. I don't have time for a toxic. Ok, i accepted. Yes, all news is fake and it's not even news, it's just an article. In fact, most of the basketball community thinks the same as you. People really like Nets ownership. I hope this makes you happy.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,874

Post#95 » by DowJones » Fri May 17, 2024 1:53 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:Contrary to popular opinion, I think the Heat and Lakers have a better chance than the Nets and Rockets. Donovan is not in the same situation as Dame. The destination he chooses will be important. If you send him to a team he doesn't want, you will give up a lot of assets for a 1-year rental.

I also don't understand why Miami's assets are despised. Heat can give Jaquez, Jovic, Herro, Rozier and 3 FRP (on draft day)

if Miami makes their assets available, they have a compelling offer. IMO Herro/JJJ/2029 unprotected 1st/2031 unprotected 1st gets them in the game. If they add Jovic then they could compete with the best offer Brooklyn is likely to make. If they add draft rights to the player they pick at 15 then that may beat a Brooklyn offer.

I don't think that Donovan will point to Miami and say "there and only there". Heck, if that were to happen, and Miami tried to use it to really low-ball the Cavs, I could see the Cavs calling Don's bluff and taking things into the season. Donovan isn't unhappy in Cleveland. He has said that over and over again.
JKiddy
Sixth Man

Post#96 » by JKiddy » Fri May 17, 2024 6:00 pm

The only way we know is if he signs an extension.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,604

Post#97 » by TheNetsFan » Mon May 20, 2024 12:34 am

The Nets are going to try to have trade ammo for two stars. They have 3 tradeable high premium picks and a bunch more intriguing picks. The premiums are able to be even better if the Nets are willing to offer best of picks ('27 PHX/BRK, '28 PHX/BRK, '29 PHX/BRK/DAL/PHL). The Nets have enough unprotected picks in those years to cover any combo of picks/years.

One package is probably Simmons(expiring)+ 2 premium picks + a third pick or possibly Thomas.

The other package is likely DFS+CamJ + 1 premium pick and 2 other picks.

The former is better for a team looking at a full tear down. The latter for a team looking to still compete.

Things change if they can get a very good, sub-star player for cheap or a top 5ish player hits the market.

The best case scenario would be to be patient, use '25 cap space and then go all-in on a star. I don't think the Nets will be that patient though, especially if Mitchell becomes available.

Return to Trades and Transactions