Embiid to.....OKC?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,792

Re: Embiid to.....OKC? 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Fri May 17, 2024 2:01 am

Did you watch Joel in the playoffs - efficiency and moving (and some decision making but that isnt body)? I'm just not sure how many seasons he has at the level. A lot of wear/tear and age

I dont see how he is traded, as he's central to Philly and I'm not seeing an offer. Chet wouldnt be moved one on one here.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,339

Post#22 » by Slim Charless » Fri May 17, 2024 2:06 am

Euphonetiks wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
Houston would easily beat an OKC offer without Chet or JDub.

What would the Houston offer be? Sengun, Jabari Smith, 2026 FRP and 2028 FRP? PLEASE!!!! I want Houston to become completely irrelevant and miss the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

Houston can beat a Wallace/Giddey offer in a dozen different flavors. It’s not like that meh OKC package is bolstered by a bunch of premium picks either. Houston has better picks to offer too - #3 plus the ‘26 Nets pick and 25/27 swaps.

I agree. OKC is nearing the end of these picks having massive value. They need to cash them and soon. They don't have room for all of these players.

I personally think a deal can get done for Embiid without adding Chet+JDub....but 1 of them will need to be in the deal. Morey is like Ainge and is a hard bargainer.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 386

Post#23 » by Euphonetiks » Fri May 17, 2024 2:14 am

mademan wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
What would the Houston offer be? Sengun, Jabari Smith, 2026 FRP and 2028 FRP? PLEASE!!!! I want Houston to become completely irrelevant and miss the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

Houston can beat a Wallace/Giddey offer in a dozen different flavors. It’s not like that meh OKC package is bolstered by a bunch of premium picks either. Houston has better picks to offer too - #3 plus the ‘26 Nets pick and 25/27 swaps.

OKC has the Rockets picks. They got great picks too

I think Houston would be able to beat a Wallace/Giddey+ some of their better picks offer, but it would take Houston putting out a very strong offer that im not sure they'd be willing to do. Are they close enough to a title to trade a haul for Embiid?

OKC has a 2025 top-10 protected HOU swap and a 2026 1st top-4 protected. Those are not as good as Houston’s #3 or the Brooklyn pick/swap. I would think OKC’s best pick is the ‘26 Clippers 1st with the hope that 36 y/o Harden/PG fall off a cliff and Kawhi doesn’t get healthy.

Houston has Jabari Smith, Sengun, Whitmore, Eason, Amen Thompson, and Jalen Green. They also have #3 in this draft and a future unprotected pick/swaps from a franchise without much direction/talent.

They can afford to beat a Wallace/Giddey offer from OKC and maintain enough talent and assets to compete with Embiid. They will be pressed to pay all of those second contracts anyhow. I don’t think they want to pay Sengun what he will cost, so i think they’d jump at the chance to bring in Embiid.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,048

Post#24 » by GutUNC » Fri May 17, 2024 2:26 am

BoogieTime wrote:Did you watch Joel in the playoffs - efficiency and moving (and some decision making but that isnt body)? I'm just not sure how many seasons he has at the level. A lot of wear/tear and age

I dont see how he is traded, as he's central to Philly and I'm not seeing an offer. Chet wouldnt be moved one on one here.

I get the concern about Embiid's overall health but if you're pointing specifically to what you saw this postseason, you saw a guy playing on 1 leg because of a specific injury, not wear and tear. He was a shell of what he was before the injury and still put up 33/night as a defensive anchor.
GDTBATH
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#25 » by the_process » Fri May 17, 2024 3:06 am

Devilanche wrote:Probably not the right target if we need to play in Denver in the playoffs.

Embiid is exactly the guy you want defending Jokic.
the_process
RealGM

Post#26 » by the_process » Fri May 17, 2024 3:07 am

Sixers are not going to want pick-centric offers. Has to have a headliner blue chip guy then another very solid guy, plus a few picks. The Gobert trade did happen. You’re not paying less for a far better player, even with his drawbacks.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,673

Post#27 » by Devilanche » Fri May 17, 2024 3:18 am

the_process wrote:
Devilanche wrote:Probably not the right target if we need to play in Denver in the playoffs.

I remember reading on the GB that he doesn’t really play in Denver court previously .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,048

Post#28 » by GutUNC » Fri May 17, 2024 12:38 pm

Devilanche wrote:
the_process wrote:

I remember reading on the GB that he doesn’t really play in Denver court previously .

Some of Embiid's best games have come against Jokic - whether they were played in Philly or Denver doesn't really matter.
GDTBATH
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,724

Post#29 » by jayjaysee » Fri May 17, 2024 2:03 pm

the_process wrote:Sixers are not going to want pick-centric offers. Has to have a headliner blue chip guy then another very solid guy, plus a few picks. The Gobert trade did happen. You’re not paying less for a far better player, even with his drawbacks.

Not arguing specific deals, but couldn’t OKC pay for that blue chip guy while still adding the extra firsts and a Cason?

Like 12th and 4 firsts for “…” then still give Cason, Giddey and 2-3 firsts with that guy?
the_process
RealGM

Post#30 » by the_process » Fri May 17, 2024 6:53 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
the_process wrote:Sixers are not going to want pick-centric offers. Has to have a headliner blue chip guy then another very solid guy, plus a few picks. The Gobert trade did happen. You’re not paying less for a far better player, even with his drawbacks.

Not arguing specific deals, but couldn’t OKC pay for that blue chip guy while still adding the extra firsts and a Cason?

Like 12th and 4 firsts for “…” then still give Cason, Giddey and 2-3 firsts with that guy?

Sure, that would work. Point was just the offer has got to be player centric to the Sixers.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,498

Post#31 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 17, 2024 7:45 pm

the_process wrote:. Point was just the offer has got to be player centric to the Sixers.

Why? In a world where you are trading Embiid and left with just Maxey, I don't think they'd insist on players. IF the best offer was pick based take the picks and if you want to immediately flip them for players okay go for it, but there would be no core left.

I don't believe the Philly FO would actually be so restrictive. I mean I don't see them trading Embiid. I think they go all-in on adding a 3rd piece, but even without that, you don't trade an MVP level player just for fun.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
the_process
RealGM

Post#32 » by the_process » Sat May 18, 2024 8:04 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
the_process wrote:. Point was just the offer has got to be player centric to the Sixers.

Why? In a world where you are trading Embiid and left with just Maxey, I don't think they'd insist on players. IF the best offer was pick based take the picks and if you want to immediately flip them for players okay go for it, but there would be no core left.

I don't believe the Philly FO would actually be so restrictive. I mean I don't see them trading Embiid. I think they go all-in on adding a 3rd piece, but even without that, you don't trade an MVP level player just for fun.

They aren't rebuilding with Maxey. They would be retooling. For many reasons they won't want to show a return of just a shovelful of picks. If those picks are immediately realized into on court talent, then sure.

They aren't trading Embiid with Morey in charge, anyway, so this is all theoretical.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,674

Post#33 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat May 18, 2024 8:11 pm

I don’t think anyone can say what Philly would want in some future hypothetical with confidence.

Return to Trades and Transactions