Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Astaluego
Junior
And1: 186

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1921 » by Astaluego » Sun May 19, 2024 8:42 pm

How low is Ivey's value? I would love to have him on the Mavs in Hardy's place. Hardy+Raptors SRP and 2 future SRPs, would that be enough for you to consider it?
Old Mike Lorenzo
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,728

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1922 » by jayjaysee » Sun May 19, 2024 8:47 pm

Astaluego wrote:How low is Ivey's value? I would love to have him on the Mavs in Hardy's place. Hardy+Raptors SRP and 2 future SRPs, would that be enough for you to consider it?

I think if you add THJ and Dallas 2025 first, Detroit probably still says no.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,980

Post#1923 » by psman2 » Sun May 19, 2024 8:52 pm

Astaluego wrote:How low is Ivey's value? I would love to have him on the Mavs in Hardy's place. Hardy+Raptors SRP and 2 future SRPs, would that be enough for you to consider it?

Just looking at this draft. I could see maybe the Raptors at 19 and the Wizards at 26 as viable options. I think if we are talking a future pick then it gets really tricky since the teams that likely want Ivey are likely rebuilding still, so they likely don't want to tie up their own pick with a ton of rollover protections. Likely need to find a rebuilding team that has another team's non premium future pick.

If I was Det I would just keep him over taking something close to your offer.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,570

Post#1924 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 19, 2024 8:55 pm

yeah Detroit should just keep hoping he comes around over taking 2nd rounders. And Dallas shouldn't be paying a price Detroit would consider for a guy they aren't sure can help them now.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Astaluego
Junior

Post#1925 » by Astaluego » Sun May 19, 2024 9:14 pm

psman2 wrote:

Just looking at this draft. I could see maybe the Raptors at 19 and the Wizards at 26 as viable options. I think if we are talking a future pick then it gets really tricky since the teams that likely want Ivey are likely rebuilding still, so they likely don't want to tie up their own pick with a ton a rollover protections. Likely need to find a rebuilding team that has another team's non premium future pick.

If I imagined this, I like the child, surprised the board perceives such a low value in general
Old Mike Lorenzo
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,312

Post#1926 » by NotACat » Sun May 19, 2024 11:33 pm

Astaluego wrote:
psman2 wrote:

Just looking at this draft. I could see maybe the Raptors at 19 and the Wizards at 26 as viable options. I think if we are talking a future pick then it gets really tricky since the teams that likely want Ivey are likely rebuilding still, so they likely don't want to tie up their own pick with a ton a rollover protections. Likely need to find a rebuilding team that has another team's non premium future pick.

If I imagined this, I like the child, surprised the board perceives such a low value in general

I think part of it is the minimal growth we saw from year 1 to year 2, but it's also the Pistons so it could be a great buy low opportunity and trust your staff can do a better job than Detroit did with his growth.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#1927 » by NYG » Mon May 20, 2024 12:48 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:.

What's the MAX raise for Early Bird? What can the Knicks re-sign Hartenstein to?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,223

Post#1928 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon May 20, 2024 2:00 am

NYG wrote:

What's the MAX raise for Early Bird? What can the Knicks re-sign Hartenstein to?

2-4 year contract at 175% of previous years salary or 105% of league average salary, whichever is greater. 8% yearly raises. So, likely, $16,178,961.80 with 8% yearly raises. Real rough math, max would be 4/$71m-ish?
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#1929 » by andyhop » Mon May 20, 2024 10:14 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
NYG wrote:

2-4 year contract at 175% of previous years salary or 105% of league average salary, whichever is greater. 8% yearly raises. So, likely, $16,178,961.80 with 8% yearly raises. Real rough math, max would be 4/$71m-ish?

If he stays I presume it's a deal that enables him to resign with Bird Rights ,with the Knicks in no way making him an illegal promise to do so to entice him to sign for less next year than he could get elsewhere
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1930 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon May 20, 2024 12:20 pm

andyhop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
NYG wrote:What's the MAX raise for Early Bird? What can the Knicks re-sign Hartenstein to?

If he stays I presume it's a deal that enables him to resign with Bird Rights ,with the Knicks in no way making him an illegal promise to do so to entice him to sign for less next year than he could get elsewhere

That’s why early bird rights deals have to be a minimum of 2 years. To be a one year deal, they’d have to renounce early bird rights and sign using non bird, which would not allow NY to reasonably re sign him.
Astaluego
Junior

Post#1931 » by Astaluego » Mon May 20, 2024 12:37 pm

Green/Dallas 25+Raptors SRP for Caruso(expiring)..
Does Chicago reject this?
Old Mike Lorenzo
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#1932 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 20, 2024 6:44 pm

Probably belongs on the general board or Dallas one, but I really hope all those Dallas fans that felt Rudy was unplayable in the playoffs were right..
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#1933 » by Ell Curry » Mon May 20, 2024 7:31 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:Unless the incoming salary is higher than our capspace (~30M).. or the other team wants Brown more than a tpe.. (ie 2nd apron team?)

Maybe, but it's a very limited scenario, compared to having 30M cap space to sell...

The Wiz can drive down the price (already have by taking Bagley for 2 2nds) and there might be another 1-2 teams in the "give us a late first or 4 2nds for taking on Lonzo or whoever" market.

I think Bruce Brown and #19 for Vezenkov, Lyles, Duarte and #13 makes sense for both teams. Kings get better and they could use a tough wing like Brown for a Fox-Huerter-Brown-Keegan-Barnes-Sabonis top 6 with Monk leaving for big money in presumably Detroit or Orlando. Keon Ellis is the 7th man and the 8th man is a frontcourt guy. Only trade down 6 picks and they have full MLE room to get a Monk replacement, like Gary Trent Jr, or a backup center like I guess Jalen Smith. Whichever hole they don't think they can fill with the MLE is the draft pick at #19, so say a Carrington or McCain at guard or a Missi or Edey at center, or Holmes if they want a shooter who can maybe play 10 minutes backing up Sabonis and 10 minutes with Sabonis like Lyles sometimes does.
Where's the D?
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#1934 » by youngcrev » Mon May 20, 2024 8:05 pm

What do you think the asking price on Santi Aldama would be? Plotting out Sixers moves if they end up with a max contract guy, and there's not a ton of big forwards on the market that don't break the bank.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 957

Post#1935 » by jscott » Mon May 20, 2024 8:07 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Probably belongs on the general board or Dallas one, but I really hope all those Dallas fans that felt Rudy was unplayable in the playoffs were right..

He’s been pretty playable so far and I don’t see Dallas’ bigs are being real floor stretchers either.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1936 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon May 20, 2024 8:14 pm

Ell Curry wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:Unless the incoming salary is higher than our capspace (~30M).. or the other team wants Brown more than a tpe.. (ie 2nd apron team?)

Maybe, but it's a very limited scenario, compared to having 30M cap space to sell...

The Wiz can drive down the price (already have by taking Bagley for 2 2nds) and there might be another 1-2 teams in the "give us a late first or 4 2nds for taking on Lonzo or whoever" market.

I think Bruce Brown and #19 for Vezenkov, Lyles, Duarte and #13 makes sense for both teams.

With the way Bruce finished the season, that really feels like neither pick should be involved. If anything Sacramento sending a lesser 2nd? Can't really see any of those guys worth moving in, or out, of the lottery.
Texas Chuck
And1: 90,570

Post#1937 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 20, 2024 8:24 pm

jscott wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:Probably belongs on the general board or Dallas one, but I really hope all those Dallas fans that felt Rudy was unplayable in the playoffs were right..

He’s been pretty playable so far and I don’t see Dallas’ bigs are being real floor stretchers either.

I assure you jay knows he's playable. He's talking about previous trade threads postulating Gobert to Dallas where Dallas posters turned up their nose citing he gets played off the court in the playoffs(a narrative with never a hint of truth lol).

I assure you jay has respect for what Gobert brings.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,980

Post#1938 » by psman2 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:27 pm

youngcrev wrote:What do you think the asking price on Santi Aldama would be? Plotting out Sixers moves if they end up with a max contract guy, and there's not a ton of big forwards on the market that don't break the bank.

Right now Memphis has 3 true frontcourt players on our roster and looking at adding 2 to 3 more this offseason. Aldama is likely not on the trade block. I think we would use him as a sweetener in a trade landing us a frontcourt player we want or a trade up in the draft, but doubt we would be looking at trading him for whatever pick he is deemed worthy as a standalone trade. Late 1st or a couple good future 2nds is likely what he is worth if we wanted to trade him.

Aldama/39/2 future 2nds for 16 would be an offer I would consider.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#1939 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 20, 2024 8:36 pm

jscott wrote:

I expect Rudy to make Dallas’ bigs look very average unfortunately and for Kidd to struggle to figure out the right way to adjust to it...

Neither Joker or Minnesota would have been good matchups for Dallas…
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#1940 » by Ell Curry » Mon May 20, 2024 8:38 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Maybe, but it's a very limited scenario, compared to having 30M cap space to sell...

I think Bruce Brown and #19 for Vezenkov, Lyles, Duarte and #13 makes sense for both teams.

With the way Bruce finished the season, that really feels like neither pick should be involved. If anything Sacramento sending a lesser 2nd? Can't really see any of those guys worth moving in, or out, of the lottery.

I'd say Vezenkov and Duarte are very negative money (Lyles even, Brown slightly negative, but if you're over the cap and under the tax he gets to neutral), but I could absolutely see Toronto making my offer and Sacramento countering with a 2nd rounder.

With Ellis passing those perimeter guys, ultimately Sacramento goes from 20 meh Lyles minutes to probably 25 decent Brown minutes. Seems like the expectation with the #13 pick in this year's draft is a 5th starter or 6th man man type and the #19 pick maybe a 7th or 8th man, and that's about the same difference as Lyles being a 9th man (you'd want a guard, wing and bench guy ahead of him in the bench rotation and Lyles is both your 3rd centre and maybe backup PF on a solid bench, but maybe loses PF minutes if the backup 3 is good and him or the starting 3 can slide to backup 4) and Brown is solidly a 6th man, maybe 7th on teams where he fits badly (but 6th with Jokic probably means 6th with Sabonis but maybe 7th with Sabonis not being the shooter or passer Jokic is).

End of the day, Brown can play 20-25 minutes in a playoff series and really nobody else here can, and #13 to #19 in this draft isn't say #13 to #19 in next year's draft, where #13 might be a genuinely good starting 2 guard.
Where's the D?

Return to Trades and Transactions