Wash-OKC-Chi

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,442

Wash-OKC-Chi 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Tue May 21, 2024 8:22 pm

OKC sends Giddy to Wash and the #12 to Chi
OKC gets Caruso and #12, plus the future Port pick

Chi sends Caruso to OKC along with the future Port pick
Chi gets #12

Wash sends #26 to OKC, plus cap space to Chi
Wash gets Giddy

fair all around?

Wash gets a young guy with potential cheaply, rolls the dice on him learning to shoot
Chi frees up $ and gets the #12
OKC gets another defensive stud, moves back in the 1st and adds a future Port pick
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,443

Re: Wash-OKC-Chi 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Tue May 21, 2024 8:25 pm

OKC trades Giddey + #12 for Caruso + #26 + future 1st?

I don't think Caruso makes sense as a target and I don't think trading a higher pick for lower picks makes sense. They need to be consolidating.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,732

Post#3 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 21, 2024 8:38 pm

If Giddey is only worth this, or close to this, you just keep him and bring him off the bench.

I’d love to bring Giddey in to a no pressure 4th year in Dallas and see what he develops into if these offers are right though… but don’t think they are close.

But Chicago’s asking price isn’t too high here, just the Giddey part. The team with Dort, Cason, Jalen, SGA, Joe, Wiggins, etc.. shouldn’t be the top bidder for Caruso though.

Sac is one stop lower and should take this IMO.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,504

Post#4 » by mhd » Tue May 21, 2024 8:57 pm

Carusso doesn't make sense for OKC. They need a big wing that can credibly play SF/PF/C. I'm not sure why Washington is in this trade. They want to tank for the next two seasons anyways as their pick is top 10 protected for the upcoming season and top 8 thereafter. They have no need for Giddey and would rather draft a young player at 26 who won't help them win any games for the next two years. They have the most incentive to tank out of any team in the NBA.

Return to Trades and Transactions