CLE/NJ/SAC

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#21 » by deviljets7 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:33 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:I don't think the Nets do this deal.

Maybe, I stress maybe if it is last minute.

Gooden is a truly solid player, but he is not a star, and often plays too emotionally.

He is not going to get you past Duncan, Dirk, KG, Dwight Howard or even Amare for that matter.

I don't know if Miller does either, but I think he is the better option and brings the better dynamic to the Nets as long as he stays healthy.

Gooden probably is not going to get you past a KG or Howard, but I'm positive Brad Miller won't. Gooden is 5 years younger, more athletic, a superior defensive player and significantly cheaper than Miller. Honestly the only advantage I see with Miller is that he's a "true center" but with Boone/Krstic/S. Williams is that really necessary?

Miller's numbers have been in decline for a while now plus he is set to make $23.6 million past this year.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
deviljets7
Lead Assistant

Post#22 » by deviljets7 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:38 am

LPKingsFan wrote:Of course that's a great lineup. Is that deal really realistic, though?

As a Nets fan the answer is a pretty clear no IMO. Based on all reports, Rod Thorn has been trying to get that all-star level big for two years now and has been unable to land that PF when offering Jefferson or Carter as the centerpiece. If they couldn't get an all-star big by breaking up the Big 3, there's zero chance IMO of getting one in a deal headlined by Boone and Krstic. Throw in the fact that you'd be paying $70 million to just four players and it is completely unrealistic.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
deviljets7
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by deviljets7 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:59 am

Bac2Basics wrote:The idea of having 3 1st round picks is great, but I just wonder if the baggage in the package the Kings take back doesn't counteract too significant a portion of the positive movement created by getting those picks.

The simple answer is to wait until Bibby comes back and gets a few games under his belt and then we'll see how the dynamics change.

I think you're overestimating Bibby's value if he wasn't attached with the anchors of Thomas or SAR.

Trust me after seeing all of the offers that were made for Kidd when he was on the block, that those offers for top tier prospects and lottery picks are not coming. If they weren't being offered for Kidd, they won't be for Bibby.
kiwibrindle
Starter
And1: 80

Post#24 » by kiwibrindle » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:09 pm

Cavs pass for the millionth time on Bibby and Thomas
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#25 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:57 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Work nothing into no deal.
I am talking a straight up deal between the Kings and Nets for Brad Miller.

I like this deal better. I don't know what the Nets could give. Magloire/Collins/1st might do.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#26 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:58 am

kiwibrindle wrote:Cavs pass for the millionth time on Bibby and Thomas

Hahaha....good one. :lol:

Return to Trades and Transactions