Suns/Hawks

Moderators: MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck

DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Suns/Hawks 

Post#1 » by DanTown8587 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:45 pm

PHOENIX GETS:
Joe Johnson
Anthony Johnson
Lorzen Wright

ATLANTA GETS
Marcus Banks
Leandro Barbosa
Raja Bell
ATLANTA #1 in 2008

The Suns are very close, and I believe this deal helps them out a great deal. Wright gives them another body for playing down low, and they get Joe Johnson. Remember, Robert Sarver loves Joe Johnson and this deal would give them a scorer if Shawn Marion were to opt out after this season or if Marion left in two years. Atlanta gets their pick back, Barbosa to play the two and decent bench guys in Bell and Banks. I know Phoneix loses a little on the defensive end, but an offense of like that would be nightmares for the rest of the West. Also, the Suns are due to pay Banks-Barbosa-Bell 15.3mil next year, 16.3mil in 09-10. JJ is due 14.3 and 15 over those two years, so they could pursue another deal like they gave Grant Hill with those saving.

Nash/Johnson
Johnson/Strawberry
Hill/Diaw
Marion/Skinner
Amare/Wright

Law/Banks
Barbosa/Bell
Smith/Childress
Williams/Williams
Horford/Zaza
Atowngetdown
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Atowngetdown » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:39 pm

no from atlanta
enuggz
Starter
And1: 5

Post#3 » by enuggz » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:43 pm

I'm not a believer in Barbosa as more than an great 6th man. ATL should stick with what they have. Phoenix should hope the ATL pick gets back in the lottery and get in on the OJ Mayo express.
Bac2Basics wrote:*Documentary Voice*
The lockout affected them all a little differently, a couple of them went completely stark raving nuts.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#4 » by rsavaj » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm not sure either side does it....there's really no reason at all for Atlanta to do it, and the Suns wouldn't trade Barbosa and the ATL pick just to get JJ back...it weakens their depth considerably.

As a Suns fan, I wouldn't mind.....but again, there's no reason for Atlanta to do it.

Return to Trades and Transactions