Attempt to fix the Knicks

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Attempt to fix the Knicks 

Post#1 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:24 pm

Miami and New York

Miami trades:
Udonis Haslem
Jason Williams
09 First round pick

Knicks trade:
Zach Randolph
Renaldo Balkman

Why for NY: Randolph isn't working out and this gets them a great role playing power forward to cover up for everything bad Curry does. Curry is almost the same as Shaq was the year they won the title, and Haslem is even better, so it could work. They also get an expiring contract and begin to compile future picks because drafting is what Isiah does best.

Why for Mia: They try to rebuild on the fly one last time. The get Randolph who can score in the post and could help them put points on the board. They also get Balkman, who has become a strong role player.

2nd Trade:

NY and Hou (I know I'll take heat for this one)

Hou Trades:
Tracy McGrady
Mike James

NY Trades:
Stephon Marbury
David Lee
Fred Jones

Why for Hou: This would only work if T-Mac begged to get out and no one else really wanted him due to injury concerns. They take on the nut case that is Marbury, but maybe he can relive his glory days in the new offense. They also get David Lee, the perfect compliment next too Yao. Jones is an expiring contract. Hou will probably trade Francis after this too for a shooting guard, maybe someone like Tony Allen,

Why for NY: They get T-Mac and Mike James to bolster their offense.

3rd Trade:

Seattle and New York

Seattle Trades:
Earl Watson
Kurt Thomas

New York Trades:
Quentin Richardson
Malik Rose
Nate Robinson

Why for Seattle: They get Richardson to be the main backup for Durant and Green and Robinson to give them a point guard to replace Watson. This really just gets two players who don't want to be there, out.

Why for the Knicks: This trade is so good for them, I can't think why they wouldn't do it. They get a good backup in Kurt Thomas and can use Mike James (offense) and Watson (Defense) as a two headed monster at point guard.

Then in the draft, draft Donte Green, small forward from Syracuse
New Roster:

PG: Earl Watson/Mike James
SG: Tracy McGrady/Jamal Crawford
SF: Donte Green/Jared Jefferies/Wilson Chandler
PF: Udonis Haslem/Kurt Thomas
C: Eddy Curry/Randolph Morris/ Jerome James

This gives them a playoff caliber roster which they could play 9 deep with McGrady playing a lot of small forward and Crawford getting almost 30 min a game at shooting guard. Kurt Thomas would also be the primary backup to both Haslem and Curry.

I know the trades are a stretch, but lemme know what you think.
KyleCleric
Rookie
And1: 57

Post#2 » by KyleCleric » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:27 pm

New York says yes to those trades while the other teams say no.
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#3 » by #1knickfan » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:06 pm

I have to give this guy credit. This is the first fix the Knicks proposal that didn't make me want to stab out my eyes b4 finishing. Thank you very much for that.

as for the deals themselves: I think you should have quit after the first one. I think both teams consider that one but I like the other 2 for one or both teams even less.

Miami and New York

Miami trades:
Udonis Haslem
Jason Williams
09 First round pick

Knicks trade:
Zach Randolph
Renaldo Balkman

I actually think this is a really interesting deal. I like Haslem as a player. Then to get Williams and a future pick is also very good compensation. I also think its a good deal for Miami because while it helps them on the court now it also gives them help for the future. Randolph and Wade are still young guys and they'll have a good swing man duo with Cook and Balkman. With their first rounder they can sit tight and take Derrick Rose (which as a Knick fan would piss me off to no end) or trade down to take Roy Hibbert. You'd have an excellent nucleus there.
2nd Trade:

NY and Hou (I know I'll take heat for this one)

Hou Trades:
Tracy McGrady
Mike James

NY Trades:
Stephon Marbury
David Lee
Fred Jones

I think this deal would look better once Marbury becomes an expiring contract. In the meantime it just looks ugly for Houston.

3rd Trade:

Seattle and New York
Seattle Trades:
Earl Watson
Kurt Thomas

New York Trades:
Quentin Richardson
Malik Rose
Nate Robinson

I don't think Seattle gets enough considering any money saved by dumping Watson is lost by trading Thomas' expiring contract while picking up Richardson and Rose.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Post#4 » by BBallFreak » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:55 pm

Miami cannot deal a first round pick until the terms of their deal with Minnesota are met. Even then, as much as I like Balkman, these two guys don't fix our problems, we'd be stuck paying Zach $17 million after Shaq retires, and thus are not worth giving up a pick for.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,589

Post#5 » by hermes » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:01 pm

when are you expecting to get all of this done, before the offseason?

man thats a big overhaul
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#6 » by MJallday59 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:42 pm

Also, T-mac for who? David Lee Marbury, and Fred Jones???

No way H-town does this.

The only place where I can see T-mac landing is....
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#7 » by RoxFan08 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:49 pm

Pretty distasteful for Houston. Even among expiring contracts, some are greater than others, and despite its hugeness, Marbury's is an undesirable, even were it expiring. The man is just a complete clown, and offensive to boot.

I mean, maybe if NY won the lottery and tossed in that pick it might bear thinking on for Houston. (Marbury would also be expiring at that time)
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,914

Post#8 » by gswhoops » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:59 pm

Distasteful...more like disasterous for Houston. Stephon and Francis already failed once, why would they want to try that again?

Return to Trades and Transactions