Andre Miller back to Denver????

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

34Charles
Junior
And1: 7

Andre Miller back to Denver???? 

Post#1 » by 34Charles » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:28 am

Andre Miller for Nene

Although this would go against the Sixers current agenda of clearing cap space- would they be willing to deal Andre Miller back to Denver for PF/C Nene???? Coach Karl has mentioned on many occasions that he wishes he never dealt Miller. The Sixers have looking for a solid PF for years....Nene would give them a solid young player, and they would still have 10 million in cap room next summer to go after a free-agent or two.
risktaker91
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by risktaker91 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:33 am

I made this trade before, and both teams rejected I believe.

Philly doesn't like Nene.
34Charles
Junior

Post#3 » by 34Charles » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:46 am

I'm not sure why they wouldn't like him.....he's only 25 years old and has a huge upside....I think other Sixer fans have are dreaming if they think we're going to be able to get a player like Elton Brand to opt out of his contract and come to Philly or have Atlanta not match a contract offer for Josh Smith next summer.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#4 » by yunggunz » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:13 am

The Nuggets are better off seeing if nene can help turn the Nuggets offense around. If the trade deadline comes around and the offense is still sputtering, then a deal for Dre could be warranted.
eagles nut
Analyst
And1: 266

Post#5 » by eagles nut » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:16 am

Miller for Najera, J.R. Smith, Von Wafer, 1st round pick.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#6 » by The Guilty Party » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:55 am

Sixers do not want Nene's bloated contract/waistline/health concerns.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Post#7 » by youngcrev » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:10 am

34Charles wrote:I'm not sure why they wouldn't like him.....he's only 25 years old and has a huge upside....I think other Sixer fans have are dreaming if they think we're going to be able to get a player like Elton Brand to opt out of his contract and come to Philly or have Atlanta not match a contract offer for Josh Smith next summer.

Huge contract

Huge injury problems
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#8 » by Smills91 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:37 am

youngcrev wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Huge contract

Huge injury problems

He Sucks
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Post#9 » by youngcrev » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:42 am

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well, he's no john salmons i guess
joey-A
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#10 » by joey-A » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:13 am

This Charles guy doesn't have a clue. If he did he would have known that the Denver/Philly trade was talked about at the draft two years back. But Philly said no cause Denver wanted them to take Nene off their hands, as well as Joe Smith for Ivy. Denver desperately wanted to keep Miller. But Philly demanded him. That's why months later Denver finally gave in, and traded Miller. Then turned right around and dealt for Blake. But Blake bolted on them after the season.

Nene is a NO-NO! He's injury prone, no offensive game, and out of shape constantly. They couldn't get him unless Carmelo was offered. And Dats Da truth :-) Nene gets you No one!!
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,014

Post#11 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:30 am

That's funny, but Nene is not injured prone, nor does he have a bloated contract. Compare his contract to other big men and his deal looks good.

Plus, getting your thumb caught in someone's jersey doesn't make you injury prone. His cafe strain at this summer was due to him getting out of shape though, you have a point there. He puts the work in during the season though and should be back to form and will have teams dying to have him.

That's why Denver wouldn't touch this trade and dats da truth.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#12 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:52 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:That's funny, but Nene is not injured prone

Out of a possible 444 games the Nugs have played with him in contract, he has played in 289 of those game. Thats 155 missed games and only a 1/3 into his 6th season. When is he considered injury prone?

You take away his first two seasons and you're left with 280 possible and 132 played. In the last 4 years he has played in less than half of them!

nor does he have a bloated contract. Compare his contract to other big men and his deal looks good.

Compared to Ben Wallace yea ok its a good deal. but for someone thats averaging 6 and 6 this year its terrible. His best year he averaged 12 and 7, still nowhere near the production you want for a guy that paid.

That's why Philly wouldn't touch this trade and dats da truth.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#13 » by ITK9 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:44 am

34Charles wrote:I'm not sure why they wouldn't like him.....he's only 25 years old and has a huge upside....I .

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,014

Post#14 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:00 am

4ho5ive wrote:You take away his first two seasons and you're left with 280 possible and 132 played. In the last 4 years he has played in less than half of them!

Silly Rabbit, so don't count two of the seasons he played most games?

Granted, I can't remember off the top of my head why he only played in 55 games in 04-05, but the 05-06 season he tore his ACL in the first game and that is why he missed some games in the 06-07 season.

That's one injury right there.

As I already said, this season, he pulled his calf because he was playing out of shape at FIBA. Then he tore a ligament in his thumb, catching it on a jersey. Neither of those point to being injury prone. If he has another major injury, then I'd be more willing to agree that he is.
Compared to Ben Wallace yea ok its a good deal. but for someone thats averaging 6 and 6 this year its terrible. His best year he averaged 12 and 7, still nowhere near the production you want for a guy that paid.

Not only Ben Wallace; Samuel Dalembert (paid more), Erick Dampier (paid more), Zydrunas Ilgauskas (paid more), Boris Diaw (paid more).

Paid more as per this year, and some of them are averaging a little better then the 12/7 this year, but then again they don't play with Camby (rebound stat stuffer) or Melo and AI when he put up 12/7 last year. So his boards will be lower and points will be lower. Points especially, because it seems no one on the team can throw (or wants to) a pass into the post. And I know, not the best list, someone did up a better one before, but not sure where to find it.

What he brings them though, doesn't show up in the stats. A low post defensive presence. He showed that against the Spurs in the playoffs, and will return to that form when he's back to full strength and gets the rust off. He could provide a good offensive post presence too, but AI doesn't understand the concept of throwing a pass into the post off a pick and roll.

So right now, any team should love to have him. He is not injury prone, he has a good contract for someone of his size and ability, and he does have a lot of upside. The only concern would be him getting out of shape in the offseason.
34Charles
Junior

Post#15 » by 34Charles » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:04 pm

This Charles guy doesn't have a clue. If he did he would have known that the Denver/Philly trade was talked about at the draft two years back. But Philly said no cause Denver wanted them to take Nene off their hands, as well as Joe Smith for Ivy. Denver desperately wanted to keep Miller. But Philly demanded him. That's why months later Denver finally gave in, and traded Miller. Then turned right around and dealt for Blake. But Blake bolted on them after the season.

I wish they would have taken Nene instead of Miller last year- at least we may have had a shot a top 5 pick- instead we keep picking late in the lottery and we'll end up doing it again this year as long as Miller is on the team.

In recent years the teams that have turned it around have done so with top 5 picks in the draft.

New Orleans (C. Paul)
Orlando (D. Howard)
Toronto (C. Bosh)
Cleveland (L. James)

The list goes on and on......if they are going to committ to next summer...go all the way....get rid of Miller, Dalembert, Evans and Green.

Return to Trades and Transactions