Sixers help Atl stay in playoff race

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Philly Family
Sophomore
And1: 0

Sixers help Atl stay in playoff race 

Post#1 » by Philly Family » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:05 am

Sixers send Booth,Evans and Randolph to atlanta to help with rebounding and sronger bench play and Atlanta send L Wright (exp) and Sheldon Williams to Philly.

Philly saves cap with Wrights contract and Get a young big in Williams who could be a good player with some playing time...
kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

Post#2 » by kookie_819 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:10 am

I don't see the point for Atlanta in this. If Sheldon Williams, who is a good rebounder himself, can't get PT, what makes you think Evans, a smaller, older player with less offensive game, would be productive on that team? They need a legit center, IMO.
killbuckner
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#3 » by killbuckner » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:37 am

Shelden is just worth more than Evans.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#4 » by The Guilty Party » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:54 am

What's the deal with Shelden and the Hawks? Is this guy ever going to get any run? He's now a year and a half into his career and I have to think that his value is very little at this point.

I have to think that if Shelden doesn't start to show something by the end of this season that he'll be a journeyman big for his career... if that.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,560

Post#5 » by dms269 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:21 am

The Guilty Party wrote:What's the deal with Shelden and the Hawks?

That is the coach's fault. He refuses to play Shelden for any length of legit time, instead he opts for the defensive liability and turnover machine zaza.

However when given minutes, Shelden has produced. However Woody's minutes for him are very inconsistent, so he can't develop consistency. He will play 5 one game, 12 another, 5 again, 26, then back to 5, then 12.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#6 » by old rem » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:30 am

uga_dawgs24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That is the coach's fault. He refuses to play Shelden for any length of legit time, instead he opts for the defensive liability and turnover machine zaza.

However when given minutes, Shelden has produced. However Woody's minutes for him are very inconsistent, so he can't develop consistency. He will play 5 one game, 12 another, 5 again, 26, then back to 5, then 12.

Coaches often do that,forgetting that a player gets good as he learns the On-Court cause and effect stuff. NBA refs are an adjustment you do not learn in college or practice.

I like Evans....at a bit less $. As is....he does not have much market. Atl COULD have just offered him those free agent $...traded nothing.
CENSORED... No comment.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#7 » by corwin » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:17 pm

Philly might make this deal for cap space. I'm not sure because it doesn't give them a lot of space. I don't think they'd keep Shelden Williams but since he's on a RC he could easily be moved in another deal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,646

Post#8 » by nate33 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:23 pm

Atlanta is in the same position as Philly. Both teams will have about $10-12M in cap space this summer (if Atlanta lets Childress go). Atlanta doesn't want Evans for the same reason that Philly is trying to dump him.

Return to Trades and Transactions