Knicks 2yr Rebuild..

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,469

Knicks 2yr Rebuild.. 

Post#1 » by spree8 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:27 pm

1st Trade-

Knicks:

Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford

Get:

Kurt Thomas
Eric Snow
2008 1st rd pick from Seattle (via Phoenix)

Sonics:

Kurt Thomas
Earl Watson
2008 1st rd pick from Phoenix

Get:

Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford

Cavs:

Eric Snow

Get:

Earl Watson

-Seattle does this IMO because they get a low post threat who would do wonders for Durant's game. Having a post guy to command double teams would help Kev get many open looks not to mention Wally and the hometown new guy Crawford. Sonics also have plenty of defensive bigs and perimeter guys to hide Curry's weakness on that end. I also think a coach like PJ is better for Crawford the way Brown was better for him than Isiah...he needs a tough coach. They don't give up a great pick...somewhere around #27 or so while still having their lotto pick...top 3 and their 2nd rd pick. They draft let's say..Beasley and they have...

Ridnour/Crawford
Durant/Wally/Wilkins
Beasley/Green
Wilcox/Collison
Curry/Petro/Sene

They can then either let Swift, West and Gelebale walk or re-sign or even sign and trade for picks instead of adding more salary.

-Cleveland takes on an additional year, but at a cheaper cost for a nice upgrade. Watson would be a nice push to a team that is starting to get back to their old form especially as the playoffs near.

2nd Trade-

Knicks:

Zach Randolph

Get:

Raef LaFrentz

Sixers:

Dre Miller
Reggie Evans

Get:

Jarret Jack
Zach Randolph

Blazers:

Jarret Jack
Raef LaFrentz

Get:

Dre Miller
Reggie Evans

-Philidelphia would make this move IMo because Iggy has been asking for changes and this move certainly makes them a better team. They get younger and more effective with a bigtime post scorer who would fit perfectly with Dalembert watching his back and a pg who is on his way up in this league and dispite being a nice spark off the bench in Portland, he would be better starting for a young up and coming team like Philly.

Jack/Ollie
Green/Carney
Iggy/Young
Zach/S.Randolph
Dalembert/Smith

...plus a lotto pick.

-Portland gets a good deal here because they have shown they are a legit playoff team. They have an excellent system based around team ball and adding a pg like Miller would help them a lot. I think he would do wonders for this team...

Miller/Blake
Roy/Jones
Webster/Outlaw
Aldridge/Frye
Przybilla/Oden

-I think that if Zeke came out and admitted that this team wasn't working out at around the deadline(if things don't change) he could quite possibly redeem himself and even keep his job provided he promises to go the real rebuilding route and start by shedding salary and saving Dolan some money and giving the fans their franchise player they have been waiting for since Ewing by not trading the pick.

Far fetched I know, but at this point how much longer can he sugarcoat things? The Knicks would be lucky to get deals like these, but they are out there..teams could benefit from having those traded players.

Let's say the Knicks Draft -Derrick Rose with a top 3 pick, and Billy Walker from Kansas St. (reminds me of a young Artest) with the Seattle pick, and Joey Dorsey with their high 2nd rounder...

Buyout Stephon Marbury, and have Jerome James retire from injury so it can come off the cap sooner and he keeps his money and doesn't have to play(which is what he's happy with)

Release Fred Jones+Randolph Morris+Kurt Thomas

Isiah puts out...

Snow/Rose
Nate/Collins
QRich/Chandler/Walker
Jeffries/Balkman/Dorsey
Lee/Rose/LaFrentz

With that squad Knicks are going straight to the lotto again but would at least put fans in the seats by playing their favorites more. They put out an entertaining product, and only improve it with their expirings(which give more pt to the younger cats) as well as draft picks...

Let's say they get another top 3 pick and pick up that Compton kid DeRozen- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I-ywLk3860 , waive Snow, Malik, LaFrentz and buyout the last year of QRich's contract...

D.Rose/Robinson
DeRozen/Collins
Balkman/Walker
Lee/Chandler
Dorsey/Jeffries

...with a ton of cap space to go after a bigtime FA such as Melo...after that they can extend guys like Nate and Lee then Balk and Mardy the year after. All of this could happen in just 1 year..after this season. I know this exact plan won't happen, but I hope Isiah will eventually do something similar and if not, I hope the person who replaces him does.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 356

Re: Knicks 2yr Rebuild.. 

Post#2 » by Det the Threat » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:34 pm

spree8 wrote:Sonics:

Kurt Thomas
Earl Watson
2008 1st rd pick from Phoenix

Get:

Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford

YUCK!!!

There's no way in hell the Sonics trade for Curry or Crawford, let alone trading away Thomas and a 1st round pick during the process.

You can't say Eddie fast enough to beat Sam Presti hanging up the phone.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#3 » by zong » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:35 pm

cavs will do it, but can NY stand the growing pains?
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#4 » by Mr. E » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:35 pm

I don't see any way that first deal happens where New York gets a first round pick back for Curry and Crawford.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#5 » by #1knickfan » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:52 pm

Knicks:

Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford

Get:

Kurt Thomas
Eric Snow
2008 1st rd pick from Seattle (via Phoenix)

This trade is absolutely terrible for NY. Not even Isiah would be dumb enough to think this would help the Knicks.
Knicks:

Zach Randolph

Get:

Raef LaFrentz

This trade is even worse. At least the first one got us a first rounder and an expiring deal. You are offically traded to the soon to be Brooklyn Nets fan base in exchange for future considerations.
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#6 » by Billy » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:19 pm

As a Blazer fan I've always liked Reggie Evans. But not at that contract. Portland wouldn't take a 5 million hit to their cap space for a 1 year rental in Miller.

Blazers say no to their end.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#7 » by djthesonicsfan » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:36 pm

Trades need to fit each team's long term plan & strategy. If you don't have at least a cursory understanding of the other team's plan you don't have a chance of proposing an acceptable trade. There is no conceivable possibility that either J Crawford or E Curry fit into the Sonics long term plan. Ever.
KyleCleric
Rookie
And1: 57

Post#8 » by KyleCleric » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:59 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:Trades need to fit each team's long term plan & strategy. If you don't have at least a cursory understanding of the other team's plan you don't have a chance of proposing an acceptable trade. There is no conceivable possibility that either J Crawford or E Curry fit into the Sonics long term plan. Ever.
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#9 » by sec-106 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:02 pm

I think that a Zach to PHI could happen (if all else fails for the Sixers this summer), but not for Miller.
KyleCleric
Rookie
And1: 57

Post#10 » by KyleCleric » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:09 pm

sec-106 wrote:I think that a Zach to PHI could happen (if all else fails for the Sixers this summer), but not for Miller.

It probably is possible for Zach to be traded to the Sixers during the offseason. They have a ton of cap space, though AI will need to be re-signed, and could trade something like Evans and Green for Randolph. On the other hand, they might prefer to just stick with working with Thad Young and Jason Smith to improve their games, trade or sign a better deal with some other free agent to use the cap space, and use their good pick in this next strong draft.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,589

Post#11 » by hermes » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:49 pm

Mr. E wrote:I don't see any way that first deal happens where New York gets a first round pick back for Curry and Crawford.

ya the sonics wouldn't do that ist deal
wouldn't want to take on the contracts with a move pending

Return to Trades and Transactions