Denver "trades" for Cassell.

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,014

Denver "trades" for Cassell. 

Post#1 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:22 am

I don't know if this will work under the CB, so would need someone to point out if it doesn't.

Denver trades: Wafer + Cash
LA Clippers trade: Paul Davis

Or another one of the Clippers 1 year small contracts.

The cash would be used to help buy out Cassell. Maybe 2 million? Then Cassell comes to Denver for the vet min.

Obviously would need Cassell's approval first, but he has expressed interest in coming to be with Karl.

I think for Denver this is better than giving up Najera, since they need to keep their front court depth. And Cassell gives them a solid vet PG with BBIQ, although the only problem is Karl may play him too much and he could end up like Chucky.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#2 » by DanTown8587 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:28 am

Deal works, but not sure Denver gives 3 million for casell (the buyout and contract)
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,014

Post#3 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:46 am

Well, they agreed to give Atkins 3 per year for the next 3 years, so Cassell for one, isn't nearly as bad a move.

But I think if the team wants to get a vet PG who may actually help, this may be the best solution, without sending any real value besides cash.

Return to Trades and Transactions