Redd to Dallas - What would it take?

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Darren
RealGM
And1: 842

Post#21 » by Darren » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:11 pm

catalyst wrote:I do not see much of redd, but is this re-acquiring Michael Finley? All that I read here is that Redd is a non defensive, soft, jump shooter. I know mavs needs that. And Dirk, Howard, and Redd would be a nice Trio.

I think Fin deserves some credits. He's tough player in his prime who leads the Mavs to from 20-win to 60-win season. He quite inconsistent late in his career. But you don't expect Michael Jordan to play great defense at old age.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#22 » by VintaGe36 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:16 pm

Any interest in Stevenson DAL fans?
TripleDouble
Senior
And1: 19

Post#23 » by TripleDouble » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:49 pm

catalyst wrote:I do not see much of redd, but is this re-acquiring Michael Finley? All that I read here is that Redd is a non defensive, soft, jump shooter. I know mavs needs that. And Dirk, Howard, and Redd would be a nice Trio.

Just for clarification, Redd isn't non-defensive (ala Ray Allen in Seattle), but rather he just doesn't have the physical ability to play both ends consistantly. He could be a solid defensive player if he gave more of his effort on that side of the court. Overall, he trys, but just isn't very good on that side because he plays so hard on the offensive side.

Also Redd is anything but soft, at least on the offensive end. One of the biggest mis-conceptions is that Redd is a jump shooter. Redd constantly takes the ball to the hoop, and uses that to set up his jumper. It used to be the other way around, but each year his game becomes less and less like his mentor's (Allen). That negative is that Redd seems to need the ball in his hands on offense. Think of a less athletic, better shooting Pierce before KG and Allen, on the offensive end.

Return to Trades and Transactions