Miami Rebuilds - Shaq Back to Disneyworld

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,276

Miami Rebuilds - Shaq Back to Disneyworld 

Post#1 » by pr0wler » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:55 am

Miami Trades:

Shaquille O'Neal
Smush Parker

Orlando Trades:

Pat Garrity (exp)
Carlos Arroyo (exp)
Keyon Dooling (exp)
Tony Battie
Adonal Foyle

Miami

PG - Williams/Dooling/Arroyo
SG - Wade/Cook
SF - Davis/Wright
PF - Haslem/Blount
C - Mourning/Foyle

Orlando

PG - Nelson/Parker
SG - Bogans/Redick/Evans
SF - Lewis/Turkoglu/Evans
PF - Howard/Lewis
C - Shaq/Howard

Why for Miami? They're done, so might as well unload Shaq while he still has an ounce of value. In return they get a lot of expiring contracts which will free up cap space for next season. Jason Williams, Alonzo Mourning, and Ricky Davis also come off the books so that makes a total of 6 notable contracts ending this off season. With a top 3 pick in the very strong 2008 Draft they can get a great player like Rose and have enough cap space to sign another big name free agent if needed. Just for arguments sake say they sign Luol Deng in the off-season and draft Derrick Rose.

PG - Rose/?
SG - Wade/Cook
SF - Deng/?
PF - Haslem/?
C - Blount/?

Still a lot of holes in the lineup but they will have enough to sign Deng (or another big time player) and then some. Within 1 season they're already a solid playoff team again.

Why for Orlando? Believe it or not, Magic is in win now mode. They still have a solid window of about 5 years or so to get it done. Right now they're a step short but adding Shaq to the mix might give them that extra edge to contend for a title. Although Shaq has been injured so far this season he is seeking extensive medical treatment in LA and word on the street is the injuries are not as serious as most think. Even at 30 MPG he is still a very effective center and essentially makes the Magic front court rotation the best in the league.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#2 » by bullzman23 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 am

Miami should do this type of trade (although I think they could reasonably ask for a first or something in return) but they won't. They basically sold their souls to win a ring. They'll have to live with Shaq untill he retires or asks for a trade. They've also recently said that they won't trade Shaq, which may ultimatley mean jack squat but is worth mentioning.

Makes a ton of sense for both teams, which is probably why it won't happen. :)

But my god, can you imagine how much of a nightmare it would be to try and defend Howard and O'Neal at the same time?
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Re: Miami Rebuilds - Shaq Back to Disneyworld 

Post#3 » by BBallFreak » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:08 am

pr0wler wrote:PG - Williams/Dooling/Arroyo
SG - Wade/Cook
SF - Davis/Wright
PF - Haslem/Blount
C - Mourning/Foyle

What have you been under a rock, or something?

As for the trade, I don't think Shaq fits the Magic's needs from a center. I actually think Blount fits them better. He takes no room from Dwight in the post, and would space the floor better with that mid range jumper he's so efficient with.

I also think Miami would prefer to send Shaq out west and out of our own division.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#4 » by DanTown8587 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:03 pm

Lets say they trade for Shaq, almost 70 million dollars would be dedicated to next season. That ain't gonna fly cause thats only eight players.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,632

Post#5 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:02 pm

It makes no sense for Orlando. Indeed, Orlando is the absolute worst place for Shaq in the entire league.
HotSpurs21
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#6 » by HotSpurs21 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:02 pm

no Shaq will just get in the way of Howard
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#7 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:24 pm

Shaq would just hold Howard back.

Return to Trades and Transactions