Hinrich-Nene Three-Way

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,429

Hinrich-Nene Three-Way 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:05 pm

***Based upon reaction to the "De(n)ver - Chicago" proposal***

Trade ID #4400014

Chicago Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Von Wafer, Nene Hilario, Charlie Villanueva, Charlie Bell
Outgoing Players: Demetris Nichols, Adrian Griffin, Joe Smith, Kirk Hinrich
CHI adds a bruising low-post scorer, as well as two Charlies: one, a scoring combo guard, and two, a scoring combo forward (who was also Luol's HS teammate).

Denver Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Demetris Nichols, Adrian Griffin, Joe Smith, Kirk Hinrich, Dan Gadzuric
Outgoing Players: Von Wafer, J.R. Smith, Chucky Atkins, Eduardo Najera, Nene Hilario
CHI adds a pair of veteran defensive big bodies to gear up for the playoffs. They also addd Hinrich, a steady PG who is accustomed to guarding SGs.

Milwaukee Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: J.R. Smith, Chucky Atkins, Eduardo Najera
Outgoing Players: Charlie Villanueva, Charlie Bell, Dan Gadzuric
MIL hits the reset button on two of its most glaring contractual errors, brings in an expiring fiery SF, a good backup PG and a possible replacement for Redd, if he gets moved (or at least, a protege for Michael).
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#2 » by Cliff Levingston » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:11 pm

It still doesn't help the Bulls. We lose out on talent in the back court still and log jam the front court via offloading Joe Smith and bringing in Villenueva and Nene. Out front court rotation would be something like this:

3. Deng, Nocioni, Villenueva
4. Nene, Thomas, Villenueva, Nocioni, Noah
5. Wallace, Noah, Gray

Way too many players there, and way too much money. If Nocioni was leaving in the trade with another good guard coming back, it could be a good one though.
HotSpurs21
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#3 » by HotSpurs21 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:26 pm

I think you would need a pretty good PG/SG coming back to Chicago if you want them to give up Hinrich. Charlie Bell won't cut it
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#4 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:13 pm

Huh? How isn't Bell pretty good? He has still been a servicable guard over his short career. He's slumping right now, but you have to believe it has more to do with Bell expressing that he did NOT want MIL to match his MIA offer, which they did anyway.

I was thinking of adding a Gordon+Nocioni+Duhon for Redd+Mo, with the Bucks holding onto Villanueva. Does that make the trade unbalanced, or too large? I'd like to hear from DEN fans too, also.
-- Steve Martin
Cliff Levingston
RealGM

Post#5 » by Cliff Levingston » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:19 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:I was thinking of adding a Gordon+Nocioni+Duhon for Redd+Mo, with the Bucks holding onto Villanueva. Does that make the trade unbalanced, or too large? I'd like to hear from DEN fans too, also.

That would be good, but Cliff Levingston thinks that Mo should stay in Milwaukee and Gordon in Chicago (if at all possible).
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#6 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:57 pm

I know, you think that Gordon can become a PG; I simply don't see it ever, ever happening.

I may work on this problem a bit tonight, and see if I can get a balanced roster for all out of this...
-- Steve Martin
Cliff Levingston
RealGM

Post#7 » by Cliff Levingston » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:00 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:I know, you think that Gordon can become a PG; I simply don't see it ever, ever happening.

That's nice.

ecuhus1981 wrote:I may work on this problem a bit tonight, and see if I can get a balanced roster for all out of this...

Good luck. Hinrich's BYC status really complicates things. Cliff Levingston played around a little without much success.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#8 » by yunggunz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:03 pm

denver simply cant take on a contract like Gadzurics while losing Najera's expiring.
risktaker91
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#9 » by risktaker91 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Thanks for improving on my deal :)

Denver does this no doubt, not sure if the Bulls and Bucks jump at this.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#10 » by zong » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:28 am

Wallace/Noah
Nene/TT
Deng/Nocio
Gordon/Thabo
Bell/Duhon

wow, thats a well-paid starting front court, can they afford to re-sign Deng and Gordon after this?
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,485

Post#11 » by coldfish » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:44 am

IMO, Hinrich can be had and this is pretty good value for him. That being said, the resulting roster is even more dysfunctional for Chicago than their current one, as Cliff points out.

Return to Trades and Transactions