Trade offers for Darius Garland?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

louc1970
Senior
And1: 197

Re: Trade offers for Darius Garland? 

Post#101 » by louc1970 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:24 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Based on the wiretape it seems the Cavs plan to sign Mitchell to an extension and trade Garland.

So I will start off Miles Bridges for Garland sign n trade. There were reports earlier in the season that Cleveland wanted Bridges. I think this would be a fair swap. Garland didn't really improve his trade value in the playoffs.

What's your offer for Garland?

What happens with Ball? Or are they the starting backcourt?
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,968

Post#102 » by K_chile22 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:30 pm

Xman wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Fred and Tari with some sweetener is my offer. Obviously below some of the offers here but those seem kinda crazy to me. Can trade Allen too and have
FVV/Mitchell/Strauss/Tari/Mobley plus what they get for Allen which is pretty good

Rather give 3 than tari.

Fred, Tate, #3
For garland and filler (LeVert Niang)
Me too but don't see Cleveland going for that
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,874

Post#103 » by DowJones » Thu May 16, 2024 7:42 pm

docholliday99 wrote:Garland was on a solid trajectory pre Mitchell, an easy deal I read on Sporting News makes a lot of sense for both teams - Johnson, #8 and a protected 2026 frp for Garland, balances both teams.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/news/darius-garland-spurs-trade-rumor-victor-wembanyama-point-guard/970eaf6d6569f719dc89e480

As a Cavs fan I don't have a ton of interest in Johnson or the 8th pick. I would much rather keep Garland.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,035

Post#104 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 16, 2024 7:43 pm

louc1970 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Based on the wiretape it seems the Cavs plan to sign Mitchell to an extension and trade Garland.

So I will start off Miles Bridges for Garland sign n trade. There were reports earlier in the season that Cleveland wanted Bridges. I think this would be a fair swap. Garland didn't really improve his trade value in the playoffs.

What's your offer for Garland?

What happens with Ball? Or are they the starting backcourt?
Ball will play his 20 games and Garland will slide over to the pg spot once Melo ankles break again. 8-)
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,874

Post#105 » by DowJones » Thu May 16, 2024 7:47 pm

Skybox wrote:I think Garland would be fantastic on ORL. He'll never be a Mitchell-level Alpha, but Paolo's that. He'll never be a lockdown defender, but Suggs would be right next to him. Garland's really good but getting too much money...ORL's got the cap space to make a bold move THIS summer and then pray they got the right mix - because it's going to get expensive. Maybe on young ORL, he'd find his comfort level and blossom.

Problem is, that doesn't leave a lot for ORL to trade to a team expecting to maintain playoff relevance. ORL could send picks and salary, etc to a third team but probably not a direct swap I can see. (Franz also not in play here).

CLE sends: Garland
CLE gets: Jerami Grant, Cole Anthony, DEN 25 frp, ORL 27 frp

POR sends: Jerami Grant
POR gets: ORL 25 frp, tons of cap space

ORL sends: Cole Anthony, ORL 25 & 27 frps, DEN 25 frp, tons of cap space
ORL gets: Garland

*As I look at the ORL offer, I'd prefer to get Dejounte Murray for it...lower salary, bigger guy, better defender

If you can get Murray for a couple of late first rounders and Cole Anthony, you need to jump on it immediately. That would be a HR deal for the Magic.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,904

Post#106 » by Skybox » Thu May 16, 2024 7:50 pm

DowJones wrote:
Skybox wrote:I think Garland would be fantastic on ORL. He'll never be a Mitchell-level Alpha, but Paolo's that. He'll never be a lockdown defender, but Suggs would be right next to him. Garland's really good but getting too much money...ORL's got the cap space to make a bold move THIS summer and then pray they got the right mix - because it's going to get expensive. Maybe on young ORL, he'd find his comfort level and blossom.

Problem is, that doesn't leave a lot for ORL to trade to a team expecting to maintain playoff relevance. ORL could send picks and salary, etc to a third team but probably not a direct swap I can see. (Franz also not in play here).

CLE sends: Garland
CLE gets: Jerami Grant, Cole Anthony, DEN 25 frp, ORL 27 frp

POR sends: Jerami Grant
POR gets: ORL 25 frp, tons of cap space

ORL sends: Cole Anthony, ORL 25 & 27 frps, DEN 25 frp, tons of cap space
ORL gets: Garland

*As I look at the ORL offer, I'd prefer to get Dejounte Murray for it...lower salary, bigger guy, better defender

If you can get Murray for a couple of late first rounders and Cole Anthony, you need to jump on it immediately. That would be a HR deal for the Magic.

3 frps all together...personally, I think frps are the most overrated "asset"...but people like to wave the "We got XX firsts", regardless of what the likely outcome will be. But three's nothing to sneeze at and Cole is a more than adequate combo guard off the bench.
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#107 » by toooskies » Thu May 16, 2024 7:59 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
Xman wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Fred and Tari with some sweetener is my offer. Obviously below some of the offers here but those seem kinda crazy to me. Can trade Allen too and have
FVV/Mitchell/Strauss/Tari/Mobley plus what they get for Allen which is pretty good

Rather give 3 than tari.

Fred, Tate, #3

I was just thinking FVV + two of (#3, Eason, Whitmore) for Garland + (Niang or LeVert) is intriguing on the Cavs' side.

Given the distance between those offers, the middle path might be FVV + Adams + Eason + Whitmore for Garland + Allen.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,968

Post#108 » by K_chile22 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:38 pm

toooskies wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
Xman wrote:
Rather give 3 than tari.

Fred, Tate, #3

I was just thinking FVV + two of (#3, Eason, Whitmore) for Garland + (Niang or LeVert) is intriguing on the Cavs' side.

Given the distance between those offers, the middle path might be FVV + Adams + Eason + Whitmore for Garland + Allen.

Houston doesn't have need for Allen tho, would rather keep one of those young guys, maybe add a future 1st and Cleveland can trade Allen for something else elsewhere ?
Or is there a good starting SG for Allen trade somewhere??
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#109 » by toooskies » Thu May 16, 2024 8:46 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
toooskies wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Me too but don't see Cleveland going for that

Houston doesn't have need for Allen tho, would rather keep one of those young guys, maybe add a future 1st and Cleveland can trade Allen for something else elsewhere ?
Or is there a good starting SG for Allen trade somewhere??

I'd definitely do #20 + LeVert if that's interesting. I'd understand if it isn't.

The Cavs could also trade their 2031 1st but I don't think that would be wise of them.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,640

Post#110 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 16, 2024 8:51 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:To answer OP's question, I think the Nets make the most sense. Something along the lines of CamJo and all of the PHX picks that BRK has for Garland make sense. CamJo's shooting will augment Mitchell/Mobley nicely. Allen too, unless they trade him-which they should for a good wing to pair with Mtichell.

I wouldn’t do that if I’m Brooklyn.

The Suns 1sts are reserved for superstars exclusively.

After that last disaster, I'm 100% sure what superstar wants to play in Bedstuy. I don't think getting a possibly disgruntled Luka, Giannis or Embiid is realistic personally. To say nothing of the fact you have no actual players to trade. Aside from Mikal, who I assume you'll Wana pair with this theoretical "superstar"..... and even he isn't enough quite frankly.

Maybe I shouldn’t have said super star.

I would include them for a player at Mitchell’s level but not Garland.

Bridges is certainly on the table in most scenarios.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,715

Post#111 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:02 pm

DowJones wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:Garland was on a solid trajectory pre Mitchell, an easy deal I read on Sporting News makes a lot of sense for both teams - Johnson, #8 and a protected 2026 frp for Garland, balances both teams.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/news/darius-garland-spurs-trade-rumor-victor-wembanyama-point-guard/970eaf6d6569f719dc89e480

As a Cavs fan I don't have a ton of interest in Johnson or the 8th pick. I would much rather keep Garland.

Yeah, Johnson hasn't been an asset since he signed that extension and none of the hoped-for growth has materialized. He's a $20M bench player for one of the worst teams in league.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
esvl
Sixth Man
And1: 392

Post#112 » by esvl » Thu May 16, 2024 10:02 pm

No offers from Toronto?
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,716

Post#113 » by mademan » Thu May 16, 2024 10:05 pm

esvl wrote:No offers from Toronto?

I'd like him, but i dont think we have the assets to get him. It would have to be based around RJ+1st...is that enough? Cause we're not really in a place to add more, and we're not even good enough to make that pick unprotected/lightly protected next year.
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#114 » by docholliday99 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:08 pm

DowJones wrote:

I like Garland as well but the writing is on the wall and you know more than I that the Cavs spent far too much for who they feel is their number #1 option going forward, and he doesn't mesh well when he has to share the ball.

Johnson's decent enough, who's contract drops to 17.5 after this coming season - that's only 9% and then 8% of the cap. That's not bad considering the standard MLE will be around 14-15m when his contract is done (Wemby's club option is almost that last year's amount :o ).

The real prizes are the picks, particularly the #8 and without a real consensus, the Cavs could add a real solid player. Could also increase the draft compensation to include a '25 and '26 frps.
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#115 » by docholliday99 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:12 pm

esvl wrote:No offers from Toronto?

Wrong time, I'm hoping we look towards the 2025 draft. Besides, we have IQ and Barnes handling the ball.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,339

Post#116 » by Slim Charless » Thu May 16, 2024 10:14 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
I wouldn’t do that if I’m Brooklyn.

The Suns 1sts are reserved for superstars exclusively.

After that last disaster, I'm 100% sure what superstar wants to play in Bedstuy. I don't think getting a possibly disgruntled Luka, Giannis or Embiid is realistic personally. To say nothing of the fact you have no actual players to trade. Aside from Mikal, who I assume you'll Wana pair with this theoretical "superstar"..... and even he isn't enough quite frankly.

Bridges is certainly on the table in the right scenario.

Again. Like I said Luka, Giannis and Embiid level players aren't a possibility for the Nets. I just don't see why 1 of those players....or anyone else on their level would come there.

Mitchell is probably the highest level of player quality you can expect back. It appears that he might be re-signing with Cleveland.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,336

Post#117 » by Zeno » Thu May 16, 2024 10:14 pm

As I mentioned in another thread Garland,Ty Jerome for KAT could work and get the Wolves almost completely out of the tax. It would then be down to the Cavs trading one of Mobley or Allen for a 3.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,716

Post#118 » by mademan » Thu May 16, 2024 10:17 pm

Zeno wrote:As I mentioned in another thread Garland,Ty Jerome for KAT could work and get the Wolves almost completely out of the tax. It would then be down to the Cavs trading one of Mobley or Allen for a 3.

If Pel's keep Ingram, trade Allen for Herb

Mitchell
Struss
Herb
Towns
Mobley

I like the fit a lot better and think they could compete in the East.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,640

Post#119 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 16, 2024 10:24 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Bridges is certainly on the table in the right scenario.

Again. Like I said Luka, Giannis and Embiid level players aren't a possibility for the Nets. I just don't see why 1 of those players....or anyone else on their level would come there.

Mitchell is probably the highest level of player quality you can expect back. It appears that he might be re-signing with Cleveland.

There are 3 reasons actually.

New. York. City.

Anything else is just icing on the cake.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,336

Post#120 » by Zeno » Thu May 16, 2024 10:24 pm

mademan wrote:
Zeno wrote:As I mentioned in another thread Garland,Ty Jerome for KAT could work and get the Wolves almost completely out of the tax. It would then be down to the Cavs trading one of Mobley or Allen for a 3.

If Pel's keep Ingram, trade Allen for Herb

Mitchell
Struss
Herb
Towns
Mobley

I like the fit a lot better and think they could compete in the East.

I'm not sure what the Pels have planned. They are very tough to figure out. It is very hard to build around Zion without a 5 who can stretch the floor.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.

Return to Trades and Transactions