Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,698

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1161 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:30 pm

Colbinii wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:I think I’d like it more with just being a single seed, 9th vs 10th and winner vs 8th. But that forces 8 seed into a single game elimination versus two game.. But I feel like that would push the importance of seeding for the playoffs more. 7th seed being a locked in playoff spot while 8-10 force the extra games and then facing the first seed.

But I do like the addition of the play-in. Who doesn’t want to see Curry/Dray and LBJ/AD in the playoffs? Except fans of western conference playoff teams..

This gives the 8 seed even less value than it currently has though.

Yeah. Agree. It wasn’t the best idea. But it would put more of a push on finishing 7th, which would keep the teams within a few games active to avoid the play-in. Same as the 6th/7th seed wall that currently exists I guess.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,311

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1162 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:35 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:I think I’d like it more with just being a single seed, 9th vs 10th and winner vs 8th. But that forces 8 seed into a single game elimination versus two game.. But I feel like that would push the importance of seeding for the playoffs more. 7th seed being a locked in playoff spot while 8-10 force the extra games and then facing the first seed.

But I do like the addition of the play-in. Who doesn’t want to see Curry/Dray and LBJ/AD in the playoffs? Except fans of western conference playoff teams..

Not if you make it where 8 only has to win 1 game, but the 9/10th winner has to beat 8 twice. So essentially, that 9th/10th winner has to win 3 games to get in. Seems fair for a team on the outside looking in.

Currently: The 8-seed gets 2 bites at the apple

jayjaysee Proposal: The 8-seed gets 1 bite at the apple
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,113

Post#1163 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:45 pm

Colbinii wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Not if you make it where 8 only has to win 1 game, but the 9/10th winner has to beat 8 twice. So essentially, that 9th/10th winner has to win 3 games to get in. Seems fair for a team on the outside looking in.

Yea but I'd add the extra piece to hsi proposal where 8 only needs to win one game, the other team has to beat them twice.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,698

Post#1164 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:02 pm

Colbinii wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Oh I definitely wouldn’t label a bad idea a proposal.

But the flip side is the 7th being rewarded for not finishing 8th. A bit more focus on the 82 game season versus the 2 bites of the play-in.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,311

Post#1165 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:14 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Yea but I'd add the extra piece to hsi proposal where 8 only needs to win one game, the other team has to beat them twice.

8 already only needed to win one game.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,113

Post#1166 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:40 pm

Colbinii wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

8 already only needed to win one game.

To get to 7. Why should 7 be punished for losing 1 game when for 82 they were better than the 8th. I think the 2ay they had it for the bubbles better, more fair, and still adds the intrigue the league wants
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,966

Post#1167 » by K_chile22 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:57 am

K_chile22 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:I don't necesarilly want to lol again, hypothetical. Say Paul George doesn't get a max from LAC and says he'll come if we max him out (think they can get there by cutting all the non-gts and dumping brooks but haven't done the math), extrememly unlikely scenario but in that scenario can they get something for dumping Brooks? Just curious on that after the deal was originally laughed at by many including myself

Sure but this hypothetical is a different tune than your original song.

...or just wanted to role with the young wings

I disagree with this part.

Sure, if you can get a player substantially better than Brooks, then you move Brooks, but that's just common sense. Moving Brooks "to get worse" doesn't really make sense.

I was simply presenting hypothetical things they may want to do not what I would want to do necessarily. I also used the wrong 'roll', pre coffee posting lol
Alright nvm maybe I do actually want to trade Dillon Brooks
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1168 » by K_chile22 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:15 am

Dillon+9+25 swap cancelled+26 pick back for Mikal, final offer
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,944

Post#1169 » by LarsV8 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:17 am

No chance Rockets giving up the 25 swap.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,543

Post#1170 » by Godaddycurse » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:36 am

LarsV8 wrote:No chance Rockets giving up the 25 swap.

Why would brooklyn trade bridges then?
LarsV8
General Manager

Post#1171 » by LarsV8 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:38 am

Godaddycurse wrote:

They can keep him.

Perfectly happy for top ten picks for the next 4 years.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,543

Post#1172 » by Godaddycurse » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:40 am

LarsV8 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

They can keep him.

Perfectly happy for top ten picks for the next 4 years.

I suspect they will make a move or 2 this offseason with their large number of expiring contracts and picks.
LarsV8
General Manager

Post#1173 » by LarsV8 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:50 am

Godaddycurse wrote:I suspect they will make a move or 2 this offseason with their large number of expiring contracts and picks.

Take two to tango.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1174 » by K_chile22 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:57 am

LarsV8 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:I suspect they will make a move or 2 this offseason with their large number of expiring contracts and picks.

Take two to tango.
Yeah think they get outbid for all the top guys, don't have the juiciest picks in there or you g guys with a lot of value. Could see them overpaying on the short term to make the outgoing picks worse because Tsai is silly tho
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,906

Post#1175 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:53 pm

Hornets coach Steve Clifford is being “promoted” to a front office role

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=OQs3hLuML4ANW31cnwqgYA
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1176 » by K_chile22 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:01 pm

Would anyone give a first for Dillon? His defense fell off after he got hurt earlier this year but track record is there as an all defense guy, shot an acceptable % from 3 again after cratering last year and stayed in his role.

Was thinking maybe Dallas for Maxi+Powell+Hardy+25 pick?

Think Houston proved they don't need him to be a great defense the second half of the year as he's been struggling with Amen being incredible on that end, plus they'll have Tari next year (hopefully), need offensive help, trying to get assets to get that.

If Dallas does do that then Maxi+Hardy(+Tate if they think they can flip him for anything)+Dallas 25 1st+some # of their firsts back for Bridges
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,691

Post#1177 » by mademan » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:29 pm

K_chile22 wrote:Would anyone give a first for Dillon? His defense fell off after he got hurt earlier this year but track record is there as an all defense guy, shot an acceptable % from 3 again after cratering last year and stayed in his role.

Think Houston proved they don't need him to be a great defense the second half of the year as he's been struggling with Amen being incredible on that end, plus they'll have Tari next year (hopefully), need offensive help, trying to get assets to get that.

If Dallas does do that then Maxi+Hardy(+Tate if they think they can flip him for anything)+Dallas 25 1st+some # of their firsts back for Bridges

I dont have Brooks worth near this much and im not even sure that hes an upgrade over Derrick Jones jr. He's certainly not enough of an upgrade to be worth a 1st to a Mavs team with few picks to trade.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1178 » by K_chile22 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:52 pm

mademan wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Would anyone give a first for Dillon? His defense fell off after he got hurt earlier this year but track record is there as an all defense guy, shot an acceptable % from 3 again after cratering last year and stayed in his role.

I dont have Brooks worth near this much and im not even sure that hes an upgrade over Derrick Jones jr. He's certainly not enough of an upgrade to be worth a 1st to a Mavs team with few picks to trade.
Well part of the value is Maxi is bad money but fair enough. He's definitely better than DJJ in a vacuum but maybe not for them specifically
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,691

Post#1179 » by mademan » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:02 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
mademan wrote:

Well part of the value is Maxi is bad money but fair enough. He's definitely better than DJJ in a vacuum but maybe not for them specifically

Statistically, there's not much that separates him from DJJ, and while DJJ has a Lukai boost, im not sure how much more value they get out of Brooks. He's never been a much better shooter and his defense has always been more eye test than analytic based, which always gives me pause.

And while Maxi is bad money, he is a decent versatile defensive big at a position the Mavs are weak in and dont have a replacement. They should be looking to upgrade him, not just get off his money
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,461

Post#1180 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:17 pm

My screaming hot, too early take is that Portland should just release Ayton. He's both untradeable and harms the team despite being incredibly gifted - the late career Josh Smith of centers. I realize he can have 10 good games in a row where you think he is a star, but the best situation for him is one in which he plays 24-26 minutes with an incredibly simple role - one that he seemingly does not want to play.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions