Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,628

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1681 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 7:51 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
NYG wrote:So it's ...

Hawks - Sarr
Wizards - Risacher
Rockets - Sheppard
Spurs - Castle, Topic or Dillingham

... right?

I keep seeing this. Do the Hawks not already have 2 defensive bigs that can't score in 00 and Capela? Did they they trade them and I missed it? Why exactly do they need a 3rd one.....

I think they take Risacher-his shooting can help spread things out for whichever of DJM/Trae they decide to keep.

The Wizards OTOH should be all over Sarr. That seems like a perfect match.

Rockets should package that pick along with some of their youth and get a superstar.

Sarr is a much better prospect than Risacher and slots in well in between Johnson and Okongwu.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,601

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1682 » by mademan » Sun May 12, 2024 7:51 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Also think the rockets are going to be aggressive about trading the pick. Something around 3 (as the headline piece of a bigger deal) for Mitchell?

Highly doubt it, I'm pretty sure they feel Sheppard is a near generational prospect and an excellent fit with Amen Thompson.

Could also see Ime taking a real shining to Clingan. Between him and Thompson, thats a defensive pairing that could keep you 5-10 in DRTG for a lot of years straight.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,587

Post#1683 » by HornetJail » Sun May 12, 2024 7:51 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Jazz will probably offer #10 and Walker Kessler for #1 and taking on one of Atlanta's bad contracts.

Could imagine Atlanta saying yes to that.

stuff like this is the only reason I'm annoyed at moving down in the draft, I wanted to take advantage of some trade-down moves
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,965

Post#1684 » by K_chile22 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:52 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Also think the rockets are going to be aggressive about trading the pick. Something around 3 (as the headline piece of a bigger deal) for Mitchell?

Highly doubt it, I'm pretty sure they feel Sheppard is a near generational prospect and an excellent fit with Amen Thompson.
I absolutely love Sheppard and have heard people in the org do too, but near generational seems like a bit much lol
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 868

Post#1685 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sun May 12, 2024 7:52 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
NYG wrote:So it's ...

Hawks - Sarr
Wizards - Risacher
Rockets - Sheppard
Spurs - Castle, Topic or Dillingham

... right?

I keep seeing this. Do the Hawks not already have 2 defensive bigs that can't score in 00 and Capela? Did they they trade them and I missed it? Why exactly do they need a 3rd one.....

I think they take Risacher-his shooting can help spread things out for whichever of DJM/Trae they decide to keep.

Rockets should package that pick along with some of their youth and get a superstar.

Sarr is a much better prospect than Risacher and slots in well in between Johnson and Okongwu.

Sarr is literally just "what if Okongwu was tall"

They have no shot of playing together.

But Sarr is so raw that he won't play more than bench minutes for the first year or two.

They need to move Capela for luxury tax reasons already.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,903

Post#1686 » by gswhoops » Sun May 12, 2024 7:54 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Jazz will probably offer #10 and Walker Kessler for #1 and taking on one of Atlanta's bad contracts.

This still feels at least one good first short, even with the perceived weakness of this draft. But I’m not super high on Kessler tbf.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#1687 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 7:54 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
I said in another thread I wouldn’t trade Bridges for #1.

Oh I'm sure you did, luckily for you I don't think you have to worry about that offer coming in

Seems like you mistook me for a homer.

I actually want to trade Bridges. Just not a fan of the players at the top of this draft.

For example both Thompson twins easily go #1 this year.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1688 » by K_chile22 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:55 pm

I don't think okongwu has proven anywhere near enough to factor at all into who I select with a number one overall pick. He hasn't even proven to be a reliable starting center. He's certainly a good backup but that doesn't always translate over more minutes and a bigger spotlight on you. What do I care if he's a bad fit with sarr???
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#1689 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 7:56 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Sarr is literally just "what if Okongwu was tall"

They have no shot of playing together.

But Sarr is so raw that he won't play more than bench minutes for the first year or two.

They need to move Capela for luxury tax reasons already.

Sarr may or may not develop a jump shot.

If he doesn’t then your take is spot on.

If he does then he’s a very valuable player.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1690 » by K_chile22 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:56 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
I said in another thread I wouldn’t trade Bridges for #1.

Oh I'm sure you did, luckily for you I don't think you have to worry about that offer coming in

I actually want to trade Bridges. Just not a fan of the players at the top of this draft.

I agree and also neither would have been traded for Mikal Bridges
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,499

Post#1691 » by Ball4life32 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:00 pm

No shot Atlanta does. Not one Atlanta contract I view that level of bad. Capela is expiring and I would only trade Hunter as neutral value.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#1692 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 8:01 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Oh I'm sure you did, luckily for you I don't think you have to worry about that offer coming in

Doesn’t seem relevant to the conversation.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1693 » by K_chile22 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:04 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

You were downplaying the value of the pick in relation to Mikal because other guys are better in past drafts, but those guys as picks were way more valuable than Mikal so I was trying to demonstrate *that* was not relevant
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 868

Post#1694 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sun May 12, 2024 8:10 pm

gswhoops wrote:

This still feels at least one good first short, even with the perceived weakness of this draft. But I’m not super high on Kessler tbf.

Ehh, I'm really pretty low on Sarr so I don't want to give up too much. The Jazz's coach is just so stupid though that they need a two-way unicorn at center for any of the offensive or defensive schemes to work and well.... Sarr almost certainly isn't, but there's hope.

The Jazz seriously had Kessler shooting threes this year because their coach hates non-shooting centers that much.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#1695 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 8:11 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:I agree and also neither would have been traded for Mikal Bridges

You were downplaying the value of the pick in relation to Mikal because other guys are better in past drafts, but those guys as picks were way more valuable than Mikal so I was trying to demonstrate *that* was not relevant

It is relevant.

My point is that #1 in this draft (Sarr) is the equivalent of #6-7 in a typical draft.

As in not good enough to trade Bridges for IMO.

You’re free to disagree of course but again this is coming from someone who wants him moved.

Just was trying to put #3 in this draft in perspective for you.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,590

Post#1696 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:12 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

It is relevant.

My point is that #1 in this draft (Sarr) is the equivalent of #6-7 in a typical draft.

You’re free to disagree of course but again coming from someone who wants him moved.

Amen & Ausar > 2024 #1 >/= Bridges
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,336

Post#1697 » by Dadouv47 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:13 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

Ehh, I'm really pretty low on Sarr so I don't want to give up too much. The Jazz's coach is just so stupid though that they need a two-way unicorn at center for any of the offensive or defensive schemes to work and well.... Sarr almost certainly isn't, but there's hope.

The Jazz seriously had Kessler shooting threes this year because their coach hates non-shooting centers that much.

Well he's right and that's why I think Kessler's trade value is not crazy high despite his strenghts. Tell me which franchise is trying to build around a non shooting Center...

Minny had their squad with good shooters before trading for Gobert
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,667

Post#1698 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun May 12, 2024 8:14 pm

I would take the #1 pick over Bridges. But maybe I'm just a homer...
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,683

Post#1699 » by jayjaysee » Sun May 12, 2024 8:15 pm

Utah already took on Atlanta’s bad contract.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#1700 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 8:16 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:You were downplaying the value of the pick in relation to Mikal because other guys are better in past drafts, but those guys as picks were way more valuable than Mikal so I was trying to demonstrate *that* was not relevant

It is relevant.

You’re free to disagree of course but again coming from someone who wants him moved.

Amen & Ausar > 2024 #1 >/= Bridges

One of Sarr’s best case scenarios is Nic Claxton.

I have Bridges as more valuable than Nic Claxton.

So I would have to disagree there.

Return to Trades and Transactions