Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,657

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1701 » by mademan » Sun May 12, 2024 8:17 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I would take the #1 pick over Bridges. But maybe I'm just a homer...

+1. Give me 4 years of rookie scale contract and higher upside over an excellent role player who will be overpaid in 2 years
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,630

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1702 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 8:19 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I would take the #1 pick over Bridges. But maybe I'm just a homer...

Just my opinion on Alex Sarr specifically.

Of course you’re entitled to your own.

Just quote me next time if you’re gonna try to take a jab.
Astaluego
Junior
And1: 149

Post#1703 » by Astaluego » Sun May 12, 2024 8:20 pm

I would offer D.Murray+Capela+1 to Boston for Brown+ FRP (if they fall short this year) what do the Celtics say?
Old Mike Lorenzo
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,599

Post#1704 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:21 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
It is relevant.

My point is that #1 in this draft (Sarr) is the equivalent of #6-7 in a typical draft.

As in not good enough to trade Bridges for IMO.

You’re free to disagree of course but again coming from someone who wants him moved.

Amen & Ausar > 2024 #1 >/= Bridges

One of Sarr’s best case scenarios is Nic Claxton.

I have Bridges as more valuable than Nic Claxton.

So I would have to disagree there.

Eh I think that’s closer to Sarr’s worst case. Sarr’s best case includes developing a shot which if he has the defense he’s projected with is going to make him an easier plug and play than Clax, whose lack of shot really limits his upside.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,682

Post#1705 » by NYG » Sun May 12, 2024 8:24 pm

I probably keep both Murray and Trae

Okongwu/Jalen/Sarr or Risacher/Murray/Trae
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,667

Post#1706 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun May 12, 2024 8:30 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:Just quote me next time if you’re gonna try to take a jab.

I really don't see how my comment required quoting you. That seems awfully full of yourself to insist on that.

(This is now a jab, so quoting you as you requested.)
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#1707 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 8:35 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Amen & Ausar > 2024 #1 >/= Bridges

One of Sarr’s best case scenarios is Nic Claxton.

I have Bridges as more valuable than Nic Claxton.

So I would have to disagree there.

Eh I think that’s closer to Sarr’s worst case. Sarr’s best case includes developing a shot which if he has the defense he’s projected with is going to make him an easier plug and play than Clax, whose lack of shot really limits his upside.

It’s not guaranteed that he reaches Claxton’s level of defensive impact.

His shot is also a complete hypothetical right now.

The real question, is Sarr really capable of playing center? He’s a poor rebounder and very perimeter oriented. He shies away from contact and really can’t finish at all with a defender in his space. He’s going to face the same issues Claxton does against larger centers but seems to lack Claxton’s intensity.

There’s a lot of bust potential here. His worst case is being too soft to play the 5 but can’t shoot well enough to play the 4. AKA a bench big.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#1708 » by bondom34 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:35 pm

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#1709 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 8:38 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:Just quote me next time if you’re gonna try to take a jab.

I really don't see how my comment required quoting you. That seems awfully full of yourself to insist on that.

You statement was clearly meant to mock my post.

You can play dumb or own up to it. That’s all.

Poor behavior from a mod in my opinion.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,667

Post#1710 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun May 12, 2024 8:55 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Again, I think your level of fullness of yourself here is absurd.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#1711 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 9:04 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Again, I think your level of fullness of yourself here is absurd.

Nothing wrong with owning up to something.

But you do you. :lol:
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Post#1712 » by Slim Charless » Sun May 12, 2024 9:25 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
I keep seeing this. Do the Hawks not already have 2 defensive bigs that can't score in 00 and Capela? Did they they trade them and I missed it? Why exactly do they need a 3rd one.....

I think they take Risacher-his shooting can help spread things out for whichever of DJM/Trae they decide to keep.

The Wizards OTOH should be all over Sarr. That seems like a perfect match.

Rockets should package that pick along with some of their youth and get a superstar.

Sarr is a much better prospect than Risacher and slots in well in between Johnson and Okongwu.

Sarr is literally just "what if Okongwu was tall"

They have no shot of playing together.

But Sarr is so raw that he won't play more than bench minutes for the first year or two.

They need to move Capela for luxury tax reasons already.

I would trade Capela for picks then take Risacher. Probably move Trae to SAS for my picks back, Vassel and filler. Maybe #8 as well.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Post#1713 » by Slim Charless » Sun May 12, 2024 9:40 pm

I'd rather have Sarr or Risacher then Mikal. If I'm a rebuilding team. For the Hawks.. maybe. They have talent and can do dmg with Mikal and the haul they get from Trae or DJM.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,485

Post#1714 » by zimpy27 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:45 pm

Murray+1 for Brown seems like Celtics would have to do it
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,531

Post#1715 » by Godaddycurse » Sun May 12, 2024 9:50 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Murray+1 for Brown seems like Celtics would have to do it

thats a crazy overpay
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,220

Post#1716 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 12, 2024 9:52 pm

Disagreeing with your opinion is not taking a jab. Making a mountain out of that and trying to insuinate someone is a bad mod is just doubling down on silliness.

You get to set whatever high value on your player you want. Others can disagree without you taking and making it personal. Though sadly when it comes of a name in blue some of you think we are obligated to agree with you or we are attacking you.

Lame
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#1717 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 10:01 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Disagreeing with your opinion is not taking a jab. Making a mountain out of that and trying to insuinate someone is a bad mod is just doubling down on silliness.

You get to set whatever high value on your player you want. Others can disagree without you taking and making it personal. Though sadly when it comes of a name in blue some of you think we are obligated to agree with you or we are attacking you.

Lame

Paint me that way if you want. It’s inaccurate.

I discussed my opinion with multiple people who disagreed with me, including another “name in blue.”

Player valuations differ widely. If they didn’t then this forum wouldn’t exist.

I’m not making it a big deal, just calling out actually “lame” behavior. Happy to move on.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#1718 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun May 12, 2024 10:05 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Murray+1 for Brown seems like Celtics would have to do it

I think Murray would be a little redundant on Boston with Holiday and White there already.

Brown isn’t the problem in Boston. There might not be a problem in Boston according to Vegas.
Texas Chuck
And1: 90,220

Post#1719 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 12, 2024 10:15 pm

So on topic with what led to that derail.... I could see Atlanta moving the #1 overall pick in a deal that brought them Bridges. He really is a good fit for them and with some other moves I think they could talk themselves into being very competitive right away.

What I can't see is why Brooklyn turns that down. Bridges value is only continuing to go down. So much of his value is in that cheap contract. And contenders don't want him to be a first option, so just because he put up numbers for 20 games after the KD trade as a forced 1st option, doesn't mean he returns first option return. Because he's not that guy.

So flip him for an elite prospect, get even cheaper for your big FA plans and stars weren't coming to Brooklyn to play with him anyway. Utah posters are making similar mistakes with Lauri. His value is going down not up. And I just don't see how him on a max is great value or leading Utah to contention. He's not getting better just more expensive.

I know its tough to be a mediocre team with a good, but not great young player and to want outrageous return because well he's our best player. But asset management is vital. And if you could get #1 overall this year? Yeah I'm doing that. Maybe the guy is never as good as Bridges. Obviously. If it was a guarantee well Atlanta never considers it. But the path to contention seems clearer for sure.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 884

Post#1720 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sun May 12, 2024 10:21 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:So on topic with what led to that derail.... I could see Atlanta moving the #1 overall pick in a deal that brought them Bridges. He really is a good fit for them and with some other moves I think they could talk themselves into being very competitive right away.

What I can't see is why Brooklyn turns that down. Bridges value is only continuing to go down. So much of his value is in that cheap contract. And contenders don't want him to be a first option, so just because he put up numbers for 20 games after the KD trade as a forced 1st option, doesn't mean he returns first option return. Because he's not that guy.

So flip him for an elite prospect, get even cheaper for your big FA plans and stars weren't coming to Brooklyn to play with him anyway. Utah posters are making similar mistakes with Lauri. His value is going down not up. And I just don't see how him on a max is great value or leading Utah to contention. He's not getting better just more expensive.

I know its tough to be a mediocre team with a good, but not great young player and to want outrageous return because well he's our best player. But asset management is vital. And if you could get #1 overall this year? Yeah I'm doing that. Maybe the guy is never as good as Bridges. Obviously. If it was a guarantee well Atlanta never considers it. But the path to contention seems clearer for sure.

I just don't think you understand how bad Sarr is as a #1 prospect.

He's a stretch 5 only and he shoots 27% from three who has never shot better than 30% from three.

He never does anything on offense but hang out at the three point line. He's just always at the three point line and rarely ever gets close to the paint.

He's just not at all good inside because he's so soft and physically weak currently. He's years and years and years away from being Nic Claxton, with like a 10% chance he can be Nic Claxton with a 37% three point shot... And that guy would be a star, but man, it's so hard to see his jumpshot getting actually really good.

(Sarr is an elite perimeter and transition defender, but a below average paint defender as well)

Also like

James Harden is a top 10 cancer in the NBA.

Is like... Clearly worse than Lauri on both ends of the court.

Will demand a max salary in the offseason despite maybe being washed immediately after getting the max.

And got

-An unprotected swap in 2027
-An unprotected first in 2028
-A top 3 protected swap in 2029

Despite the Clippers having the worst health in the NBA.

So if there's one trade that has reset fan expectations, it has to be this one.

Return to Trades and Transactions