Towns offers ? Who has the best offer?

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,631

Re: Towns offers ? Who has the best offer? 

Post#21 » by Wolveswin » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:49 pm

Fully baked Pacers deal…

To Pacers: Towns + Minott

To Pelicans: Turner + McConnell

To Wolves: Nembhard + Herb Jones + LNJ + 25 Pels & Lakers 1sts (via Pelicans) + 25 Pacers Swap + 28 Pacers 1st

Wolves get win-now players. Herb can start or battle Reid for the right. Nembhard is on rookie deal but 24 and ready to learn from Conley (until he takes over as starter). Wolves restock asset cupboard for next big move.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,359

Post#22 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:50 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Fully baked Pacers deal…

To Wolves: Nembhard + Herb Jones + LNJ + 25 Pels & Lakers 1sts (via Pelicans) + 25 Pacers Swap + 28 Pacers 1st

Wolves get win-now players. Herb can start or battle Reid for the right. Nembhard is on rookie deal but 24 and ready to learn from Conley (until he takes over as starter). Wolves restock asset cupboard for next big move.

I have Herb Jones > Myles Turner.

Really bad for the Pelicans. If they are paying the meat of the value for Towns, then they should just take Towns themselves.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,563

Post#23 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:53 pm

Colbinii wrote:

Really bad for the Pelicans. If they are paying the meat of the value for Towns, then they should just take Towns themselves.

ya no way turner is worth that much as an expiring. Minny is getting way too much for Towns/he's not worth this much.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#24 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:03 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

ya no way turner is worth that much as an expiring. Minny is getting way too much for Towns/he's not worth this much.

I think he is worth more than what an expiring Pascal returned.

I would peg his value somewhere around what Sabonis was traded for--A rookie-scale player who has looked very good in his first couple seasons [Like Haliburton] and a low-end starter locked-in on a long-term deal [Buddy Hield].

Trey Murphy III or Franz Wagner really fit that description and are in a position the Timberwolves would and could use moving forward.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#25 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:10 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I would peg his value somewhere around what Sabonis was traded for--A rookie-scale player who has looked very good in his first couple seasons [Like Haliburton] and a low-end starter locked-in on a long-term deal [Buddy Hield].

Trey Murphy III or Franz Wagner really fit that description and are in a position the Timberwolves would and could use moving forward.

hield was considered a negative contract at the time coming off 2 down years and wasn't counted on being a starter. that return was really about haliburton.
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,626

Post#26 » by Threezus » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:15 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Threezus wrote:I think best Hawks could do would be Murray, OO, Griffin, and a pick or 2.

That is a common scenario discussed here. I kind of like it.

Conley has played amazing but is 36 (I think). Murray would be a nice PG upgrade and like 9 years younger.

Yeah i honestly do think we are a good match in general as trade partners. As long as KAT can keep his solid perimeter defense then Capela can handle the rim protecting most the time as can jalen johnson. Kat offensively though pairs almost perfectly with Trae as trae's biggest issue is people cliggint he paint not allowing him to get in there freely often. KAT pulls the bigs away from the paint like no one else and can hit a 3 better than any big in history. This works out greatly for Trae and jalen honestly. He is a main target of mine if we keep trae.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#27 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:16 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

hield was considered a negative contract at the time coming off 2 down years and wasn't counted on being a starter. that return was really about haliburton.

Hield was still a low-end starter. He was posting 18/5/3 on 39% 3P > 9 3PA/G during his two down years. He may not be a great contract but he clearly could ball and was a starter level player.

But yeah, that's the expectation. A good rookie-scale player and a salary matching, starter level player like Hield was :wink:

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#28 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:27 pm

for teams doing a picks based package, would a 3 teamer with washington make sense?

Deni + Tyus S&T to Minny
KAT to contending team
expiring + picks to Washington
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,621

Post#29 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:29 pm

Hard to see a Towns deal that makes the Wolves better on the court.

I like the fit for OKC, but the last couple years of the contract coincide with having to pay Chet and Jalen, so I'm not sure there's really a deal. Even if for some reason Minny wanted to trade their talented big man to a competitor.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#30 » by Wolveswin » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:42 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Wolves ideally don’t want to trade Towns to any team in West.

Franz would be amazing target but is usually on Magic untouchable list (hence unrealistic). Magic offer probably tops out at WCJ + Black and picks.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,789

Post#31 » by BoogieTime » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:35 pm

Just had to take a peek at the record without him this year, 14-5, to confirm how much I thought he contributed to the Timberwolves turnaround and winning (with Gobert far more deserving of the all star nod), and that contract.. will be interesting
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,480

Post#32 » by babyjax13 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:35 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:i think New York will also make a play on KAT. Randle + Bogdanovic + picks, involving 3rd team as/if needed. I think they will offer the most quantity of picks, but that might not be what the wolves want given how win-now they are

I could see this working if a third team gets looped in, e.g.,

Randle + filler + picks
for Towns

Towns
for
Randle + Murray

filler + picks
for
Murray

Or insert a second player that makes sense. If they can fill Randle's salary with two solid starters I think that makes the cost of their roster a lot easier to manage.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,377

Post#33 » by shrink » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:18 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Hard to see a Towns deal that makes the Wolves better on the court.

I agree, and right now they are a contender, which is an extremely rare thing in Minnesota, and hard to throw away.

Anyone have ideas how they could add to Towns and be better? Personally, I don’t think that exists.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,670

Post#34 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:00 am

Real hard to get better. Typically requires a slew of picks, getting older, getting more expensive, or getting more risky (injury and or closer to unrestricted free agency).

Sometimes you have such positional imbalance it is possible though.

As for with Towns, I cannot imagine the fighting over who adds what but Lauri + a guard (Sexton or Clarkson)?
I think an Atlanta offer starts with Murray not Trae so, unless you get there off Murray + ____ and it’s a positional argument.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,698

Post#35 » by NYG » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:14 am

Charlotte or Miami are the two teams I could see
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,698

Post#36 » by NYG » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:17 am

NYG wrote:Charlotte or Miami are the two teams I could see

But I should add, I don't see KAT being traded.

I don't really see Trae Young, Dejounte Murray, Jaylen Brown, Mikal Bridges, Karl-Anthony Towns, Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle, Joel Embiid or Lauri Markkanen getting traded this off-season.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,980

Post#37 » by Diop » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:43 am

if the new owners want to take a risk on a redemption story, Charlotte's 1st and sign n trade Miles for a cheaper contract so they save money and get an interesting, athletic Pf fit.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 4,068

Post#38 » by wolves_89 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:59 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
jowglenn wrote:Pacers might put up Turner/Mathurin or Turner/Walker, but obviously Minnesota would not be interested in Turner so it would need some kind of 3-way situation

I hadn’t thought of Indy. But I like it.

The biggest issue with an Indiana deal is salary matching. Towns make close to 50M next year so Indy will have to gut alot of its depth

My bet would be that if Towns gets moved it will be around the NBA draft, which would mean his salary for matching purposes would be $36M. Minnesota will need to know before free agency starts where they stand financially so that they can plan whether or not to re-sign Anderson and Morris.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#39 » by Wolveswin » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:14 am

To Hornets: Towns

To Pistons: #1 + Hornets Draft Capital

To Wolves: Cade

Bones of the trade.

Wolves do they think Cade is missing PG to pair with Edwards long term?

Do Pistons want to reset their timeline?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,532

Post#40 » by zimpy27 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:37 am

Something like this could work:

MIN get Markannen
UTA get Assets from 3rd team, unprotecting of MIN29FRP(6-30)
3rd team get KAT

Maybe Brooklyn, Dallas, Lakers or Atlanta are the 3rd team
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie

Return to Trades and Transactions