Best Offers for Mikal Bridges

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,813

Re: Best Offers for Mikal Bridges 

Post#21 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 2:10 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Agree he is more than just a 3 and D guy. I’d those are Hornets picks though with no or light protection…that might be a decent return. I think though that Charlotte would still need to include a useful player ( do they have any?).
Yeah Bertans and Micic.

The Picks are the main prize for Brooklyn.

I can see if Bridges was a superstar but he's not worth a good young player + picks. Those are superstar type trades.

I don’t regard those two as really useful for a team aspiring to be in the playoffs. Agree not worth a good young player and two good picks. But I think a player the Nets can actually use. Clearly Miller is off the table and I don’t really see a guy on the roster that makes sense. If those are Charlotte picks though they carry a lot of value. .
Not sure if it's possible but I would counter with Miles Bridges sign n trade then we add our lottery pick this year.

That's the only other offer I would consider. As for our young players we don't really have any unless you want Mark Williams who has a serious back issue right now and the team has provided no update.

Miller is the only valuable young asset we have and obviously we are not trading him.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,187

Post#22 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 8, 2024 2:27 pm

I would personally trade Mathurin for Bridges, from Indiana. Possibly Nembhard, too. In terms of salary matching, I think TJ McConnell alone gets Indy there, but I think Indy would prefer to hold onto him, especially if Nembhard is included. If Jalen Smith opts out and intends to sign somewhere for $8-10m in year one, I think Indy could include that as an outgoing sign and trade (to that team) to make the salary matching work. Others can help me determine, but probably picks would have to be involved, though those would be a bit further out because of the 1 1st Indy owes Toronto in 2026.

I just imagine that a lineup of:
Haliburton/McConnell
Nesmith/Sheppard
Bridges/Walker
Siakam/Toppin
Turner/Jackson

...could be a really solid playoff contender, and with a lot of flexibility of cross positional matchups. If Nembhard is kept, then you can slot him in at the 2 and shift Sheppard up to the backup 3, etc.

If Haliburton doesn't qualify for the 30% max, I think this is a lineup that could be kept going forward, even if Bridges has to be maxed out in free agency to be kept. Seems like a lineup that complements each other well, and becomes a bit of a defensive terror, but with a great offensive distributor in Haliburton.
kds92
Pro Prospect
And1: 707

Post#23 » by kds92 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:28 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:They can still get peak value despite his "down" year. His value isn't as a #1 guy; it's as a #3 elite 3&D wing who is also a great person, and that hasn't changed.

They'll certainly get great value for him and every team would love to have him, but his value is lower than last summer imo.

Compared with last summer he's a year older and his contract is still great, but has one year less. More importantly though is that after the trade in 2022 he looked like he had the potential to be a true two-way star and maybe be among the top 20 players.

This past year proved he's not that player, but he's still the best 3&D wing (along with OG) in the league.
Helsbyte
Senior
And1: 359

Post#24 » by Helsbyte » Wed May 8, 2024 2:44 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
This gets outbid by many teams.

3&D is a gross mischaracterization of Bridges.

Agree he is more than just a 3 and D guy. I’d those are Hornets picks though with no or light protection…that might be a decent return. I think though that Charlotte would still need to include a useful player ( do they have any?).
Yeah Bertans and Micic.

The Picks are the main prize for Brooklyn.

I can see if Bridges was a superstar but he's not worth a good young player + picks. Those are superstar type trades.

I would do Mathurin + Filler and a 2028 1st for Bridges if I was the GM for Indy.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,965

Post#25 » by K_chile22 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:48 pm

I would do Brooks+9+25 swap extinguished+26 as my topped out offer
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,616

Post#26 » by Wolveswin » Wed May 8, 2024 3:06 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Bridges+ for Mitchell would be the offer.

Nets hope Mitchell stays and is better recruiter of 2025 max free agent (Ingram, Markkanen, etc).
That would be so incredibly risky for both Brooklyn and Mitchell. They'd be bad again next year and if they whiff Mitchell surely bolts. If they can't have both I don't see where it makes sense for Mitchell or BKN to do it

That why I always suggest Nets sitting around and hoping until 2025 offseason isn’t a plan. Hope isn’t a plan. It’s hope.

Nets need to go all-in.

Trade 1::
To Cavs: Bridges + Cam Thomas + Picks Needed
To Nets: Mitchell + Filler

Trade 2::
To Jazz: Simmons + Youth + 3x Suns 1sts Owed
To Nets: Markkanen + ?
? can be Sexton, Clarkson, maybe even Kessler (if Claxton walking is real). Other than Wizards (who don’t have a star), no team is trading a star for a picks package. I think Ainge could be enticed by those Suns 1sts - seems like his MO getting picks from an aging roster.

Claxton? | Sharpe
Markkanen | DFS
Johnson | DFS
Sexton or Clarkson?
Mitchell at PG? Or Schroeder?

Nets would still have what is left of own picks - and maybe some leftover picks from all-in trades, plenty of filler, to trade for next player - probably at 25 deadline.
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#27 » by JKiddy » Wed May 8, 2024 3:23 pm

facothomas22 wrote:76ers 2029/2031,1st+ Clippers 2028 1st round pick + 23 Million dollars in cap space. Maybe even put a lighter protection on the 76ers 2027 1st round pick if need be, tho I think Cap space and 3 1st round pick should be good enough.

Why the Nets do this: They save a lot of money while getting multiple valuable 1st round picks.

Why the 76ers do this: They get a very solid 3rd option on a cheap contract, while still having enough money to fill out the roster with additional solid role players.

Who is the player going to BK in this scenario?
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,965

Post#28 » by psman2 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:31 pm

Memphis offers this via a 3 way with the LAL:
2024 Mem 1st(7?)/ LAL 2024 1st (17), 2027 Mem 1st top 4, JHS, Kennard/Zaire/Rose(expiring salary)
LAL: Smart
Memphis: Russell and Bridges

Memphis looks to flip Russell for frontcourt help if possible, if not then TMLE center here we come.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,757

Post#29 » by AingesBurner » Wed May 8, 2024 4:00 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Bridges+ for Mitchell would be the offer.

Nets hope Mitchell stays and is better recruiter of 2025 max free agent (Ingram, Markkanen, etc).
That would be so incredibly risky for both Brooklyn and Mitchell. They'd be bad again next year and if they whiff Mitchell surely bolts. If they can't have both I don't see where it makes sense for Mitchell or BKN to do it

That why I always suggest Nets sitting around and hoping until 2025 offseason isn’t a plan. Hope isn’t a plan. It’s hope.

Nets need to go all-in.

? can be Sexton, Clarkson, maybe even Kessler (if Claxton walking is real). Other than Wizards (who don’t have a star), no team is trading a star for a picks package. I think Ainge could be enticed by those Suns 1sts - seems like his MO getting picks from an aging roster.

Claxton? | Sharpe
Markkanen | DFS
Johnson | DFS
Sexton or Clarkson?

Nets would still have what is left of own picks - and maybe some leftover picks from all-in trades, plenty of filler, to trade for next player - probably at 25 deadline.

Nets are not getting more than Marky Mark if Utah is eating Simmons contract.
DNP-Old
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#30 » by DNP-Old » Wed May 8, 2024 4:06 pm

Something around:

ATL out - Murry and 2x 1sts,
ATL in - Bridges

LAL out - Russell and 2x 1sts (Russell would have to opt-in)
LAL in - Murry

BRK out - Bridges
BRK in - Russell and 4x 1sts
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#31 » by Wolveswin » Wed May 8, 2024 4:08 pm

AingesBurner wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:That would be so incredibly risky for both Brooklyn and Mitchell. They'd be bad again next year and if they whiff Mitchell surely bolts. If they can't have both I don't see where it makes sense for Mitchell or BKN to do it

Nets need to go all-in.

Claxton? | Sharpe
Markkanen | DFS
Johnson | DFS
Sexton or Clarkson?

Nets are not getting more than Marky Mark if Utah is eating Simmons contract.

lol Simmons is an expiring deal. And exactly type of contract Ainge would want in trade.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,673

Post#32 » by NYG » Wed May 8, 2024 4:08 pm

Dejounte, Griffin, Capela and 10 for Cam and Mikal
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#33 » by Wolveswin » Wed May 8, 2024 4:23 pm

Blockbuster deal warning…

To Hawks: DFS + Choose Sexton or Clarkson + 27 76ers 1st (via Nets)

To Cavs: Bridges + Cam Thomas + 29 Mavs 1st (via Nets)

To Jazz: Simmons + Whitehead + 25/27/29 Suns 1sts

To Nets: Mitchell + Murray + Markkanen + Hunter + Cavs Filler

Claxton | Sharpe
Markkanen | Clowney
Johnson or Hunter (other is 6th man)
Mitchell | Murray
Murray | Schroeder

Nets have to eat Hunter deal but cost of doing business to get Murray - awesome backcourt with Mitchell. Retain all own Nets picks for next move.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,628

Post#34 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 4:37 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Send him down to Charlotte.

Bertans/Micic/2 future 1st Rd picks

Sorry but any team trading 4 1st for a 3&D wing and a 3rd option needs to have the GM license revoked!

That's his game lol.

Is he a superstar or something?

You won’t see me walking around saying he’s a star.

But know theres a massive gap between 3&D and superstar.

No one would offer 2 1sts for a 3&D guy so clearly you understand the difference.

Either way from Brooklyns perspective I wouldn’t be interested in the Hornets picks. Their core players are too young.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#35 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 4:38 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Blockbuster deal warning…

To Hawks: DFS + Choose Sexton or Clarkson + 27 76ers 1st (via Nets)

To Cavs: Bridges + Cam Thomas + 29 Mavs 1st (via Nets)

To Jazz: Simmons + Whitehead + 25/27/29 Suns 1sts

To Nets: Mitchell + Murray + Markkanen + Hunter + Cavs Filler

Claxton | Sharpe
Markkanen | Clowney
Johnson or Hunter (other is 6th man)
Mitchell | Murray
Murray | Schroeder

Nets have to eat Hunter deal but cost of doing business to get Murray - awesome backcourt with Mitchell. Retain all own Nets picks for next move.

I think Brooklyn acquiring Murray and Mitchell in the same year would be interesting.

Markkanen is a Bridges too far.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#36 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 4:39 pm

NYG wrote:Dejounte, Griffin, Capela and 10 for Cam and Mikal

Gotta specify which Cam.

But I don’t think Brooklyn has interest in Capela or Griffin.
kds92
Pro Prospect
And1: 707

Post#37 » by kds92 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:49 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
NYG wrote:Dejounte, Griffin, Capela and 10 for Cam and Mikal

Gotta specify which Cam.

But I don’t think Brooklyn has interest in Capela or Griffin.

Think it refers to Cam Johnson based on the salary and his relationship with Bridges.

Nonetheless, I think if the Nets traded for Dejounte, they'd want to pair him with Bridges
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,813

Post#38 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 5:02 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

That's his game lol.

Is he a superstar or something?

You won’t see me walking around saying he’s a star.

But know theres a massive gap between 3&D and superstar.

No one would offer 2 1sts for a 3&D guy so clearly you understand the difference.

Either way from Brooklyns perspective I wouldn’t be interested in the Hornets picks. Their core players are too young.

Our young core players are also injury prone. We missed Melo/Mark for most of the season. Melo has ankle issues and Mark has a serious back issue with no update on his progress.
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,628

Post#39 » by Mrakar » Wed May 8, 2024 5:08 pm

Ingram, 3 1sts (combination of Lakers/Pels/Bucks ) for Bridges and Schroder.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,591

Post#40 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:28 pm

Giddey, Dieng, 12, 2025 PHI 1st (top 6 prot), 2025 MIA 1st (lotto prot).

Not sure he would be happy with the role though. He’d basically be asked to stretch the floor and d up guards

Return to Trades and Transactions