Determine Evan Mobley’s trade value.

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Astaluego
Junior
And1: 143

Re: Determine Evan Mobley’s trade value. 

Post#21 » by Astaluego » Wed May 8, 2024 9:02 pm

I don't know what the offer would be like but I thought NOP...with some of their young wings as a base...
Old Mike Lorenzo
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,742

Post#22 » by Ell Curry » Wed May 8, 2024 10:03 pm

Astaluego wrote:I don't know what the offer would be like but I thought NOP...with some of their young wings as a base...

Totally agree.

It's crazy to make it bigger, but if Ingram and Mitchell to want to stay together in Cleveland maybe it's Garland and Mobley to the Pels, Ingram and Herb Jones to the Cavs and an absolute army of picks and Hawkins from New Orleans, some of which are either immediately part of a 3/4 way to turn the Levert/Niang/Strus 40M into a starting wing and a frontcourt 6th man (Hawkins the guard off the bench) or that happens late in the summer or at the deadline. Pels get a Garland-Murphy-Zion-Mobley core 4 and hopefully retain just enough draft assets to turn McCollum into a wing when he's closer to expiring.
Where's the D?
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Post#23 » by Slim Charless » Wed May 8, 2024 10:09 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:That's just not something they're going to do. Like I think Mitchell could make extending contingent on doing so and they'd still say no.

So I get not letting a player dictate to you. But if option A is keep Mobley and Mitchell leaves and Option B is Mitchell signs a new 4 year deal and you trade Mobley for a really good veteran player, option B seems infinitely better.

I was gonna say this is the only situation where it makes some sense. Mitchell resigns, likes the fit with Allen better and the Cavs need to move off of Mobley to better fit those 2 and Garland.

So. If that's the case, they'd want a high impact guy at the 3/4 spot. As a selfish Suns fan, I'd offer up KD for Mobley....if Durant would agree to play in Cleveland. That's actually a good fit with Mitchell and Garland and would be a nightmare for opposing defenses.

Aside from us, I think any wing/ PF with range would work...provided that guy is elite at something. If th3 Celtics fail, then Jaylen Brown would work I'd think too.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,838

Post#24 » by Skybox » Wed May 8, 2024 11:34 pm

He's a tremendous defender. Just a really good Center, who has been stuck playing PF in a league where guys like Tatum are PF's. CLE is lucky to have TWO great Centers...I'd suggest they trade the other one.

Jarrett Allen should get you Ingram or, maybe a shot at Mikal Bridges (who'd be a fantastic fit). I think CLE would have to add and BRK would have to have a plan to SnT Claxton for it to make any sense. I'd love LOVE Allen (or Mobley) in ORL, but ORL really doesn't have the win-now pieces CLE would want.

To directly address the OP...

CLE sends: Mobley, Strus
CLE gets: Mikal Bridges
Assuming Mitchell is sticking around (or even if he's not), Bridges is that special 2-way SF every team wants and CLE has lacked. Paired with Allen, Garland, and Mitchell, they're improved and much better balanced. Even if Mitchell wants to go-he'll fetch a lot back and CLE will have a very nice young core to keep proceeding. Bridges could be the key to keeping Mitchell.

ORL sends: Anthony Black, ORL 25 frp, DEN 25 frp, ORL 27 frp
ORL gets: Mobley
ORL squints and sees rookie extension hell but that's the reality of an ultra-young, perfectly matched core. They'd still have plenty of cap to find that FA scoring Lead Guard this summer (Monk?) before working on THREE very large rookie extensions and Paolo's max next summer.

BRK sends: Mikal Bridges
BRK gets : Anthony Black, 3 frps from ORL
BRK will have a ton of cap space when Simmons expires. AB could become a solid counterbalance to Cam Thomas, while they rebuild through the draft. AB and a re-upped Claxton could form a sound, long, defensive foundation. IF Simmons comes around, he WAS All-NBA not too long ago....lotta picks
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,628

Post#25 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 11:56 pm

jbk1234 wrote:That's just not something they're going to do. Like I think Mitchell could make extending contingent on doing so and they'd still say no.

Really?

What if it’s Bridges and Mitchell says acquire my buddy or I’m heading to the big apple?

I’m sure the Cavs could get DFS or a 1st out of it as well.

Maybe something like:
Mobley + Levert + Wade
For
Bridges + DFS
louc1970
Senior
And1: 187

Post#26 » by louc1970 » Thu May 9, 2024 12:13 am

No one is saying or suggesting Mobley get traded. Just wondering what his realistic value is to you as a fan or to your team. What would you trade from your team to get him over another team’s offer?
louc1970
Senior
And1: 187

Post#27 » by louc1970 » Thu May 9, 2024 12:19 am

Astaluego wrote:I don't know what the offer would be like but I thought NOP...with some of their young wings as a base...

That was one of original equivalent thoughts. Murphy/Jones/picks for Mobley seemed fair.
Another would be Mobley for Wagner brothers in Orlando.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 219

Post#28 » by QMemphis » Thu May 9, 2024 12:26 am

Grizz offer Kennard/24 1st no matter if it’s 1 overall and all the picks and swaps to 2031.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 873

Post#29 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu May 9, 2024 12:39 am

babyjax13 wrote:If Utah got the first pick I'd offer that, Hendricks, amd all of Clevelands picks returned. Realistically, though, they'd want a star back, so the alternative might be Lauri and their picks returned?

This seems like a lot for a guy with like a 50% chance of being Bam in three or four years.

(I feel like Bam is like barely better than Jarrett Allen and isn't that valuable...)
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,633

Post#30 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 9, 2024 1:47 am

Niko23 wrote:I have been extremely disappointed with his progression on offense. Great defensive player, but he has not lived up to the expectations at this point and plays way too soft.

He's really young and really raw. Some of the basic things he's learning in the playoffs and on the fly. He still brings the ball down when he gets a pass around the rim. He's played next to Allen his entire career, then we traded for Mitchell, and now you're asking him to play out of the 5 against the the Magic and Celtics in the playoffs without Allen.

The plan was to stick him on Tatum and make Tatum defend while giving up size. The plan was not to have him try to post up Kornet against drop coverage.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,675

Post#31 » by NYG » Thu May 9, 2024 2:18 am

Mikal
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,633

Post#32 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 9, 2024 2:38 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Really?

What if it’s Bridges and Mitchell says acquire my buddy or I’m heading to the big apple?

Maybe something like:
Mobley + Levert + Wade
For
Bridges + DFS

When is Mitchell heading to NY in this scenario?

It won't be this summer.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,628

Post#33 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 9, 2024 2:50 am

jbk1234 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Really?

Maybe something like:
Mobley + Levert + Wade
For
Bridges + DFS

When is Mitchell heading to NY in this scenario?

It won't be this summer.

Of course not.

It’s just an example of the “get me my guy or I won’t extend” negotiation tactic we see all the time.
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,616

Post#34 » by Wolveswin » Thu May 9, 2024 3:08 am

Add to my Mikal idea…

To Nets: Mobley + LeVert

To Pels: Garland + DFS

To Cavs: Mikal + Ingram + Herb + at least 1x 1st from Nets + at least 2x 1sts from Pels

Allen
Herb
Ingram
Bridges
Mitchell

Cavs can actually cobble together a nice offer for a star when one hits the market.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,315

Post#35 » by sip » Thu May 9, 2024 3:15 am

babyjax13 wrote:If Utah got the first pick I'd offer that, Hendricks, amd all of Clevelands picks returned. Realistically, though, they'd want a star back, so the alternative might be Lauri and their picks returned?

Now put down the crack pipe.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,315

Post#36 » by sip » Thu May 9, 2024 3:20 am

Wolveswin wrote:Add to my Mikal idea…

To Cavs: Mikal + Ingram + Herb + at least 1x 1st from Nets + at least 2x 1sts from Pels

Allen
Herb
Ingram
Bridges
Mitchell

Cavs can actually cobble together a nice offer for a star when one hits the market.

Huh? Garland and DFS aren't worth even close to Ingram, Herb and 2 1sts. Garland for Ingram straight up is fair if Ingram will agree to a reasonable extension.
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,616

Post#37 » by Wolveswin » Thu May 9, 2024 3:21 am

sip wrote:

Allen
Herb
Ingram
Bridges
Mitchell

Huh? Garland and DFS aren't worth even close to Ingram, Herb and 2 1sts. Garland for Ingram straight up is fair if Ingram will agree to a reasonable extension.

lol come on dude. Garland >> Ingram. Post your version in Ingram trade thread and stand back from the fallout.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#38 » by babyjax13 » Thu May 9, 2024 3:24 am

sip wrote:

Now put down the crack pipe.

Mobley is one of the 20 most valuable assets in the league, an expiring Lauri isn't, nor am I convinced an extended one is (maybe). Hendricks is a few years from being good and this draft sucks.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Astaluego
Junior
And1: 143

Post#39 » by Astaluego » Thu May 9, 2024 6:57 am

Allen
Herb
Ingram
Bridges
Mitchell

The Nets "have" Claxton, what does Mobley do for them?
Old Mike Lorenzo
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#40 » by babyjax13 » Thu May 9, 2024 7:03 am

Astaluego wrote:

Allen
Herb
Ingram
Bridges
Mitchell

The Nets "have" Claxton, what does Mobley do for them?

He is a better player.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions