What’s Cade Cunningham worth?

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,854

Re: What’s Cade Cunningham worth? 

Post#21 » by theBigLip » Fri May 10, 2024 5:00 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:I still like my trade…

To Pistons: Franz Wagner + Black + #18

To Magic: Cade + Ausar + Rights to Sarr

Pistons: get proven centerpiece to build around
Duren
Stewart
Wagner
Ivey
Black | Sasser
Plus #18

Magic: complete their lineup with Cade as final piece
WCJ | Sarr (when ready)
Banchero | Isaac
Thompson | Jett | Houstan
Suggs
Cade | Anthony
Plus a ton of assets still.

Wagner > Cade > Thompson > Black

After that historically bad game Franz just played-and the mediocre season he had, I don't think he has close to this value. He's gonna want just a big a deal as Cade. I think they're close to value personally. Ausar has shown WAY more than Black as well.

Remove Sarr (possible #1 overall pick lol) from your trade and it makes sense.

Agree on the Franz take. And Ausar, even if he can’t shoot, could be DPOY some day.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,437

Post#22 » by Mr Peanut » Fri May 10, 2024 7:30 am

The Pistons will not draft/sign/trade for a player of Cade's quality anytime soon, so there's no universe we should be trying to move him.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,035

Post#23 » by Apz » Fri May 10, 2024 7:48 am

Should have taken the brunson deal
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,261

Post#24 » by BDM22 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:36 am

Apz wrote:Should have taken the brunson deal

Lotta shoulda woulda couldas with Brunson across the league lol.

So bizarre that Dallas valued him at Cade in a trade but then wouldn't pay the man.
BDM22
RealGM

Post#25 » by BDM22 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:51 am

Duren
Stewart
Wagner
Ivey
Black | Sasser
Plus #18

WCJ | Sarr (when ready)
Banchero | Isaac
Suggs
Cade | Anthony

This is wild lol, On what planet is a package around Franz worth Cade, Ausar AND a 1st overall pick (as you've indicated it here)?!? Franz is even less likely to become a #1 option than Cade. What would the point be here? To build a dynasty in Orlando?

I especially like how Cade "completes" Orlando's lineup as "the final piece" according to your words, yet somehow the Pistons are paying Orlando with Sarr and Ausar to take him :lol:
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Post#26 » by Slim Charless » Fri May 10, 2024 9:40 am

BDM22 wrote:

Duren
Stewart
Wagner
Ivey
Black | Sasser
Plus #18

WCJ | Sarr (when ready)
Banchero | Isaac
Suggs
Cade | Anthony

This is wild lol, On what planet is a package around Franz worth Cade, Ausar AND a 1st overall pick (as you've indicated it here)?!? Franz is even less likely to become a #1 option than Cade. What would the point be here? To build a dynasty in Orlando?

I especially like how Cade "completes" Orlando's lineup as "the final piece" according to your words, yet somehow the Pistons are paying Orlando with Sarr and Ausar to take him :lol:

.... and that Franz is a "proven centerpiece to build around". The same Franz that had 1 of the worse game 7s in the history of the NBA/ABA....a time frame that goes back to the 1950s. Lol

Truly a wild suggestion.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,670

Post#27 » by orlando_joe » Fri May 10, 2024 10:23 am

vege wrote:
JRoy wrote:I like CC a lot, but probably not as much as DET will want.

Like his game, don’t like his injury history and upcoming contact.

He played 64 and 62 games, would've been more but Detroit is always tanking under Weaver.

He had one serious injury that made him miss an entire season.

they did not win when he played? its not tanking that is bad and losing plus the guy missed 100 ganes over 3 yrs and will want a max...and get it...and missing 25% of games a yr is nothing to brag about

just thought i would bring it back from the dump on franz this thread turned into...lol
JennetteMcCurdy
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#28 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Fri May 10, 2024 12:46 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
vege wrote:
JRoy wrote:I like CC a lot, but probably not as much as DET will want.

Like his game, don’t like his injury history and upcoming contact.

He played 64 and 62 games, would've been more but Detroit is always tanking under Weaver.

He had one serious injury that made him miss an entire season.

they did not win when he played? its not tanking that is bad and losing plus the guy missed 100 ganes over 3 yrs and will want a max...and get it...and missing 25% of games a yr is nothing to brag about

just thought i would bring it back from the dump on franz this thread turned into...lol

And that’s my next question….. do you give him a max deal?

He’s the best player on the Pistons
He’s often injured
The Pistons won 14 games last season
When healthy, he projects as an eventual All-Star (although I don’t think next season, as All-Stars don’t come from 20 win teams)
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,616

Post#29 » by Wolveswin » Fri May 10, 2024 12:47 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
BDM22 wrote:

Duren
Stewart
Wagner
Ivey
Black | Sasser
Plus #18

WCJ | Sarr (when ready)
Banchero | Isaac
Suggs
Cade | Anthony

.... and that Franz is a "proven centerpiece to build around". The same Franz that had 1 of the worse game 7s in the history of the NBA/ABA....a time frame that goes back to the 1950s. Lol

Truly a wild suggestion.

Wagner > Cade in value. Easily so. By how much is debatable.

Thompson > Black but this is very marginal and each team will defend their rookie.

Pick swap needed for the delta.

I think you could have done that mental exercise - but I helped you. You are welcome.
BDM22
RealGM

Post#30 » by BDM22 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:52 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
BDM22 wrote:This is wild lol, On what planet is a package around Franz worth Cade, Ausar AND a 1st overall pick (as you've indicated it here)?!? Franz is even less likely to become a #1 option than Cade. What would the point be here? To build a dynasty in Orlando?

Truly a wild suggestion.

Thompson > Black but this is very marginal and each team will defend their rookie.

I think you could have done that mental exercise - but I helped you. You are welcome.

So if Wagner > Cade in value to a degree of a #1 OVERALL PICK down to a non-lotto and Ausar down to Black, why do you call Cade "the final piece" for Orlando?! :lol:

Makes absolutely zero sense at all, even if I operated under your notion that the difference between Wagner and Cade not only exists but is actually a #1 overall pick and Ausar. No logic involved.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#31 » by Wolveswin » Fri May 10, 2024 12:55 pm

BDM22 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Truly a wild suggestion.

So if Wagner > Cade in value to a degree of a #1 OVERALL PICK and Ausar, why do you call Cade "the final piece" for Orlando?! :lol:

Makes absolutely zero sense at all. No logic involved.

Excuse me???? Black and #18 are also being sent to Pistons. Don’t leave out facts to sensationalize your pint.

Cade is a PG which Magic desperately need. It cost Magic one of their centerpiece players - best player in the deal Wagner. They give to get. But backfill SF by committee- including Thompson who also cost them Black to get.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#32 » by Wolveswin » Fri May 10, 2024 1:02 pm

Let me ask you Pistons fans. You will think Cade = Wagner. Majority and truth is Wagner > Cade.

Magic would laugh at a direct swap of those two.

Thompson for Black is a swap of meh rookies. Again Magic wouldn’t say yes to sending Pistons best player in deal Wagner for swapping meh rookies.

What do and can Pistons add to get Wagner?
JennetteMcCurdy
Sophomore

Post#33 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Fri May 10, 2024 1:02 pm

When did Wagner become this All-World player? He shot 28% from three and averaged five boards a game. Four assists? What am I missing?
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#34 » by Wolveswin » Fri May 10, 2024 1:04 pm

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:When did Wagner become this All-World player? He shot 28% from three and averaged five boards a game. Four assists? What am I missing?

Neither Wagner nor Cade are all world. Is that required or something?
JennetteMcCurdy
Sophomore

Post#35 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Fri May 10, 2024 1:14 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
JennetteMcCurdy wrote:When did Wagner become this All-World player? He shot 28% from three and averaged five boards a game. Four assists? What am I missing?

Put it up on the trade board - Cade for Wagner - who says no? Guessing 80-90% of voters will say Detroit.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#36 » by Wolveswin » Fri May 10, 2024 1:17 pm

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

Put it up on the trade board - Cade for Wagner - who says no? Guessing 80-90% of voters will say Detroit.

lol not a chance. Go ahead - you are making bold claim 80-90% other way. Have at it hoss.
BDM22
RealGM

Post#37 » by BDM22 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:17 pm

Vibes. He's on a functional franchise so his value is now an extra #1 overall pick+++ above Cade's.

Ignoring that he totally lost his 3 point shot this year. And I like Franz's game a lot! But he's further from being a #1 guy than Cade is, and that's what the Pistons need. Only method there is to accumulate future 1st round picks if you're dealing Cade.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#38 » by Wolveswin » Fri May 10, 2024 1:21 pm

BDM22 wrote:

Vibes. He's on a functional franchise so his value is now an extra #1 overall pick above Cade's.

I mean Cade did masterfully lead his team to worst record in all NBA.

I know you like (need?) sensationalism to back your narrative - but trade is a pick swap. And doesn’t need to be #1. Rights to Sarr for #18 swap in flat draft. Another word for sensationalism is lying.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,373

Post#39 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:23 pm

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

I think it'd probably be a lot closer to a 50/50 split.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#40 » by Wolveswin » Fri May 10, 2024 1:25 pm

Kalamazoo317 wrote:
JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Neither Wagner nor Cade are all world. Is that required or something?

I think it'd probably be a lot closer to a 50/50 split.

If done with ‘by a little’ ‘by a lot’ options on both sides of poll, Wagner by 60-70% more value.

Return to Trades and Transactions