[Charania]: Suns Plan To Hire Budenholzer

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,160

Re: [Charania]: Suns Plan To Hire Budenholzer 

Post#21 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 11, 2024 2:29 pm

gswhoops wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:What are the odds he actually lasts 5 years over there?

Less than zero

Yep.

And he doesn't care. He wants the year or two Durant has left as a all-star level player and will be glad to be fired rather than to stick around and soak up all the losses 3 years from now.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,432

Post#22 » by Mr Loggins » Sat May 11, 2024 2:31 pm

damn…I was hoping he’d be free if/when cavs need to move on from JB in a few weeks
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,807

Post#23 » by jredsaz » Sat May 11, 2024 11:15 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:What are the odds he actually lasts 5 years over there?

Less than zero

Yep.

And he doesn't care. He wants the year or two Durant has left as a all-star level player and will be glad to be fired rather than to stick around and soak up all the losses 3 years from now.

Hope that’s not true. Bud has spent 5 or more years in all three of his NBA stops and he has had success in each. I don’t buy that there is a predetermined destiny of failure for this team three years out.
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#24 » by jredsaz » Sat May 11, 2024 11:17 pm

OxAndFox wrote:It's a better fit for the big 2.
They need a starting quality PG though. Booker can handle some of the playmaking, but he should also play off ball much more than he does.

Bud was able to win a chip without a traditional starting PG in Milwaukee. I wouldn’t expect for the Suns to acquire one this offseason.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,914

Post#25 » by giberish » Sat May 11, 2024 11:27 pm

jredsaz wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Less than zero

Yep.

Hope that’s not true. Bud has spent 5 or more years in all three of his NBA stops and he has had success in each. I don’t buy that there is a predetermined destiny of failure for this team three years out.

The Suns roster has the marquee names and payroll that demands a title contender, but also major flaws that aren't easily fixable. That's a combination that gets coaches fired quickly.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Post#26 » by Slim Charless » Sun May 12, 2024 12:44 am

jredsaz wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Less than zero

Yep.

It's not. Don't worry, I see no reason why the Suns can't be VERY competitive next year....or 4 years from now. People are fixated on the wrong things.

We'll be fine.
jredsaz
General Manager

Post#27 » by jredsaz » Sun May 12, 2024 1:20 am

giberish wrote:
jredsaz wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Yep.

The Suns roster has the marquee names and payroll that demands a title contender, but also major flaws that aren't easily fixable. That's a combination that gets coaches fired quickly.

They need to add size, athleticism, and a POA defender who can make a three. Not easy.

Whats going to be interesting is what they do with Royce. Is Ishbia really crazy enough to offer him a large short term contract, Bruce Brown style, that could be used at trade fodder later in the season?

If they do that and hold back their available picks until later in the season I like their chances of rounding out a legit roster for the playoffs. But that will cost so much money!

It’s not going to be easy to get what they need with just vet minimums and the current available tradeable salary. However, with their big three bought in and playing Buds system, I think the Suns can win a lot of regular season games even with a flawed roster.

Return to Trades and Transactions