Warriors/Raptors

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,914

Re: Warriors/Raptors 

Post#21 » by giberish » Sat May 11, 2024 2:49 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
giberish wrote:While good value for the Warriors, I really don't like the fit. IMO the Warriors need a center with at least some 3-point range next to Draymond (especially with a non-shooter in TJD as the backup C).

I think ideally that too. But they have played non-shooters next to him basically forever with great success so....

Draymond was more of a 3-ooint threat back in the Bogut era - or even the Zaza era (and league-wide 3-point shooting was slightly less prevalent). More recently Draymond has played some with Looney, but more often it's been one of them on-court with a better shooter (Saric, Kunminga at PF, JaMychal Green, Porter, Bjelica). Adding a high-minute non-shooting C at this point is problematic.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#22 » by Godaddycurse » Sat May 11, 2024 2:57 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:psman2 also thinks Memphis will pay tax for the right team this year. I'm still pretty firmly on the Kennard doesn't get picked up and they make sure they stay under and the Adams deal to me was another signal in that direction.

Now give them a chance at a legit stud and sure plans can change. Can't imagine that's Poeltl especially not if they have to overpay in assets as well.

And this is the issue with player X is worth Y. You have to find a team willing to pay Y and with other veteran centers clearly available this off-season I don't see Toronto getting retail for him.

Using Gafford as justification feels wrong on multiple levels -- Dallas overpaid, Dallas was more desperate and at the deadline the choices are fewer, and Gafford was a perfect fit for how Dallas wants its bigs to play.

Yea if thats the case then we are better off holding on to him if nothing else but for Barnes/IQ's development. He's a good P&R partner for IQ and takes on the larger C asignments and let Barnes play his best position (roamer/helper)
wegotthabeet
Analyst
And1: 1,985

Post#23 » by wegotthabeet » Sat May 11, 2024 3:00 pm

I have any player that can play 24 + minutes in a playoff rotation as being worth a non lottery first. Washington and Gafford are examples of this. Deploying first round picks to fill out a rotation when you already have a franchise player is a pretty solid team building strategy. Not sure if that’s the direction golden state is heading towards though despite still having Curry.

Return to Trades and Transactions