Trae Young for FVV + Green + #3

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,298

Re: Trae Young for FVV + Green + #3 

Post#21 » by BeiBeau » Mon May 13, 2024 2:44 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:I’m pretty sure I have Jalen Green + 3 as way more valuable then Trae Young.

I have it less.

So I guess it comes down to how real each of us thinks Jalen's counting stats were during Houston's tanking period. I tend to be way more skeptical about counting numbers guards put up on teams who could care less about winning. And put a lot more stock in how poorly he played when the team was trying to win.

But obviously if one sees it differently from me and thinks Jalen is about to break out as an offensive superstar and thinks there is a great prospect gtd to be on the board at 3, they could find a different result. Though I struggle to see how anyone could get that Houston pick to "Way" more valuable.

I think it’s just me being solidly low on Trae Young. I have Young as a borderline all star and nothing more. I think Green has a solid chance to surpass that in the next couple years.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 375

Post#22 » by Xman » Mon May 13, 2024 2:55 pm

If SA adds a pg in the lottery then Vleet is the perfect fit as veteran with great attitude just like this last year in Houston. Plus, only next year is guaranteed.
Vleet, 3 to SA
Trae to hou
Various players and picks to Atl (could be picks back, this draft or future, bkn 2024 first)

Can work in salary dumps. SA has space and Houston has non Grty guys like Landale, Tate, JeffGreen, Vleet that can be renewed or not after next season.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,944

Post#23 » by LarsV8 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:57 pm

I think it is a low offer, but I love the idea of adding Trae. Houston is a great defensive team, getting better with Adams and a full year of Eason, and a bad offensive one. We have the perfect pieces to supplement Trae's weaknesses. I would try and keep FVV, as he is really good.

Green, Green, Landale, Tate, #3, 2027 #1 via the Nets, maybe even another future unprotected pick.

for

Trae

Trae / Amen
FVV / Hinton
Brooks / Whitmore
Jabari /Eason
Adams / Sengun
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,620

Post#24 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 3:07 pm

I wonder with FVV in deal (as per OP), Hawks would be willing to trade Murray too.

Trade 1: Trae/Bufkin for FVV/Jalen Green/#3 (and probably one future 1st)

Trade 2: Murray to highest bidder. Capela could be added. Pels, Spurs, would make big offers.

Capela? | Okongwu
Sarr (#1) | Hunter
JJ | Hunter
Jalen Green | BB
FVV | Topić (#3)

Plus everything they get for Murray.
Frankie
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#25 » by Frankie » Mon May 13, 2024 3:31 pm

What's Trae's contract like? How many years does he have remaining on his contract?
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,944

Post#26 » by LarsV8 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:37 pm

Frankie wrote:What's Trae's contract like? How many years does he have remaining on his contract?

2 years, ~43m each year
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,906

Post#27 » by gswhoops » Mon May 13, 2024 3:39 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:I think Jalen is a great flyer addition in moving Trae. See how Green does in new setting. He is core age with Johnson.

FVV to 3rd team makes sense. That is some huge salary to find a third team.
Think Spurs (unless they want to hard tank again) and Magic should be willing to take him and give you something. He'd be great for them and they have a ton of space in a crappy FA class.

For OP I am not a fan of Trae... At all.. but at this price tough to say no I suppose

Problem with both those options is they both will be making offers for Trae. Not sure they are lining up to facilitate a trade to Houston.

Yep. And I have both of them being able to outbid Houston pretty easily if they want to.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#28 » by Devilanche » Mon May 13, 2024 3:42 pm

gswhoops wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Think Spurs (unless they want to hard tank again) and Magic should be willing to take him and give you something. He'd be great for them and they have a ton of space in a crappy FA class.

For OP I am not a fan of Trae... At all.. but at this price tough to say no I suppose

Problem with both those options is they both will be making offers for Trae. Not sure they are lining up to facilitate a trade to Houston.

Yep. And I have both of them being able to outbid Houston pretty easily if they want to.

Then Atlanta should put up Dejounte on the block next .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,906

Post#29 » by gswhoops » Mon May 13, 2024 4:24 pm

Devilanche wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Problem with both those options is they both will be making offers for Trae. Not sure they are lining up to facilitate a trade to Houston.

Then Atlanta should put up Dejounte on the block next .

It's kind of an interesting philosophical question to me. Atlanta has a spectrum of options, all the way from full rebuild (trade Trae and Murray for picks + prospects + cap space) to full compete now (trade the #1 pick for a vet to build around Trae + DJM + JJ).

I feel like with DJM and Sarr/JJ/OO up front you could build a really nasty defensive team with still enough offensive juice to win a lot of games, kind of a 21st century grit & grind Grizzlies.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#30 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 4:45 pm

Ok, let’s go big blockbuster 3 teamer. Let’s assume Spurs like Murray more than Trae and Rockets like Trae more than Murray…

To Spurs: Murray + Hunter + 26 Nets 1st (via Rockets)

To Rockets: Trae Young + Keldon Johnson

To Hawks: #3 + Jalen Green + FVV + Graham + All Hawks 1sts/Swap Returned (via Spurs)
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,697

Post#31 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 13, 2024 4:49 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Ok, let’s go big blockbuster 3 teamer. Let’s assume Spurs like Murray more than Trae and Rockets like Trae more than Murray…

To Hawks: #3 + Jalen Green + FVV + Graham + All Hawks 1sts/Swap Returned (via Spurs)

That’s Trae for an average forward (being very nice) and 2 firsts. and SAS gets the Nets first, which is more valuable than either of the Atl picks (unless Atlanta does something like this)

This is valuing Keldon really highly.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,580

Post#32 » by BarbaGrizz » Mon May 13, 2024 4:59 pm

To Hawks: #3 + 2025 Atl 1st + Green

To Rockets: Trae + #8

To Spurs: FVV (and draft Topic at #4)
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#33 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Ok, let’s go big blockbuster 3 teamer. Let’s assume Spurs like Murray more than Trae and Rockets like Trae more than Murray…

That’s Trae for an average forward (being very nice) and 2 firsts. and SAS gets the Nets first, which is more valuable than either of the Atl picks (unless Atlanta does something like this)

Huh???

I think Trae gets #3/FVV/Jalen Green on his own - easy - and a little something more needed from Rockets. Adding Keldon [to Rockets] only cements the more which is 26 Nets 1st (in this scenario).
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#34 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 13, 2024 6:55 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Huh???

I think Trae gets #3/FVV/Jalen Green on his own - easy - and a little something more needed from Rockets. Adding Keldon [to Rockets] only cements the more which is 26 Nets 1st (in this scenario).

Keldon being worth a Nets first is what you responded to.

I have Keldon closer to neutral than a Nets first.

But specifically to a team with Jabari, Eason, Brooks, Cam, Amen.. Keldon holds very little value.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#35 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 6:56 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Huh???

But specifically to a team with Jabari, Eason, Brooks, Cam, Amen.. Keldon holds very little value.

Keldon alone is not worth Nets 1st nor what I claimed.
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,563

Post#36 » by Saints14 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:00 pm

I had a similar idea but with FVV going to Washington and Kuzma/Bagley going to Atlanta (along with #3 and probably another non-premium first from HOU). Makes sense for Washington to swap their forward depth to give Coulibaly and Avdija more opportunity and get a steady PG to help those guys and their new #2 overall pick develop
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#37 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 13, 2024 7:11 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Huh???

Yes, but Houston shouldn’t actually want Keldon.

And Atlanta should prefer the 2026 Brooklyn pick over the right to tank when they don’t want to tank…

Once the Brooklyn pick is involved, I don’t see why SA is involved I guess is what I am saying.

If you have both Jalen’s and 1st/3rd.. You might not feel a need to tank and prefer to keep Murray/Brooklyn first.. maybe it just becomes “2026 right to swap later of Atl/SAS first with Brooklyn first”
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,942

Post#38 » by ChettheJet » Mon May 13, 2024 7:18 pm

The problem with the original deal is, everybody sees the Hawks have the first pick and are going to take the reset chance with whoever they take and some of who they keep. So nobody is going to send them back max value for Trae because ATL has backed itself into a corner.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#39 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 7:20 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Yes, but Houston shouldn’t actually want Keldon.

And Atlanta should prefer the 2026 Brooklyn pick over the right to tank when they don’t want to tank…

Once the Brooklyn pick is involved, I don’t see why SA is involved I guess is what I am saying.

If you have both Jalen’s and 1st/3rd.. You might not feel a need to tank and prefer to keep Murray/Brooklyn first.. maybe it just becomes “2026 right to swap later of Atl/SAS first with Brooklyn first”

Hawks may not want to tank - but when trading Trae and Murray as in the scenario - you kind of are. Makes Hawks owed imperative in return.

I don’t see a problem with Johnson in Houston - a win now destination being they are trading for Trae. If you don’t, Spurs have plenty of options to add here.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#40 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 7:25 pm

ChettheJet wrote:The problem with the original deal is, everybody sees the Hawks have the first pick and are going to take the reset chance with whoever they take and some of who they keep. So nobody is going to send them back max value for Trae because ATL has backed itself into a corner.

I don’t know about that. Trae would be best piece to hit trade market. No team is going Ainge/Jazz and trading their win now pieces. Bad teams like Wizards don’t have anyone close to Trae’s impact. Jazz aren’t trading Markkanen - and if they do he is expiring. Mitchell maybe - but expiring with a very short list.

Supply will be super low. Teams will be fighting over the very few win-now players to be on the market.

Return to Trades and Transactions