The Trae Young Thread

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Re: The Trae Young Thread 

Post#21 » by Wolveswin » Tue May 14, 2024 5:26 pm

I think something here for all 3 teams…

To Hawks: Towns + ________

To Rockets: Trae + ________

To Wolves: FVV + #3 + _________

Lots of blanks to fill in. Lots of options.

Wolves need more - and remember draft picks aren’t ideal for a win now team. But at #3 they get full rookie deal (help the $ crunch) in first PG off the draft board (Topic? Dillingham? Castle? Sheppard?) who has time to learn from Conley and FVV as Wolves PGOF.

Do Hawks want to try Jalen Green next to Murray?

Do Wolves get Thompson or Jabari or Whitmore?
SkyHook
Analyst
And1: 1,846

Post#22 » by SkyHook » Tue May 14, 2024 6:23 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Utah: Collins, Sexton, Clarkson, 10th, 2025 Minn, 2025 Cleveland, 2027 LAL, 2027 Minnesora
Utah: Trae, Caruso, Capela

No offense, but this is up there among the most revolting things I've ever seen on this board. Not remotely interested in Trae on the Jazz at all, certainly not for that.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief
You can call me faithless.
But I still cling to hope and I believe in love
And that's faith enough for me.

— Faithless by Rush (lyrics. Neil Peart)
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#23 » by Wolveswin » Tue May 14, 2024 6:30 pm

SkyHook wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:Utah: Collins, Sexton, Clarkson, 10th, 2025 Minn, 2025 Cleveland, 2027 LAL, 2027 Minnesora

No offense, but this is up there among the most revolting things I've ever seen on this board. Not remotely interested in Trae on the Jazz at all, certainly not for that.

Huh? Are you saying - in an over the top sensationalism at it’s finest way - Jazz are paying too much?

I think that is an underpay.

Sexton/Clarkson = Caruso/Capela (and I think being generous to Jazz, but let’s go with =)

Collins is negative value. Some value needs to be attached to him.

So you think Trae isn’t worth: #10 (in weak draft) + 2x late 2025 1sts (one of which should pay for Collins) + 2x future 1sts (only thing of real value - 4 draft away)

Again, that is a quantity offer not quality - which Hawks are not looking for quantity offers in a Trae trade scenario.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,703

Post#24 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 14, 2024 6:39 pm

Still wanting to pair Trae and Caruso.. Can Chicago make an offer for Trae?

Lavine to some third team
Salaries, Coby White, 11th, Portland first, 2027 first, 2029 top 5ish protected first to Atlanta
Some salary and Trae to Chicago

How much more is needed? Because I really don’t know how to value Coby.

Third team:

Three of Rui, DAR, Vincent, Reaves, Vando
Bertans, Grant Williams, and Martin?

You decide how the value is handled by the third team getting Zach, but all the value goes to Atlanta and hopefully there’s a semi useful forward to Chicago...

Or does Atlanta run three guards with Zach/Murray/Coby for a year or two and decide what to do then? No third team required?
SkyHook
Analyst

Post#25 » by SkyHook » Tue May 14, 2024 6:40 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
SkyHook wrote:

Huh? Are you saying - in an over the top sensationalism at it’s finest way - Jazz are paying too much?

Sexton/Clarkson = Caruso/Capela (and I think being generous to Jazz, but let’s go with =)

So you think Trae isn’t worth: #10 (in weak draft) + 2x late 2025 1sts (one of which should pay for Collins) + 2x future 1sts (only thing of real value - 4 draft away)

Again, that is a quantity offer not quality - which Hawks are not looking for quantity offers in a Trae trade scenario.

No, I'm saying that the list of current players who I would prefer even less than Trae Young to ever put on a Jazz uniform is extremely short. Other teams might offer a haul like this, but that would be extremely foolish, imo.

Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,507

Post#26 » by Ball4life32 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:27 pm

SkyHook wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
SkyHook wrote:

No, I'm saying that the list of current players who I would prefer even less than Trae Young to ever put on a Jazz uniform is extremely short. Other teams might offer a haul like this, but that would be extremely foolish, imo.

Foolish for the Hawks you mean. Much rather keep the career 26/9 player only 25 years old that’s led hawks to 4 straight top 8 offenses and try to build better defense around him than take that package. Name all the players that young that can consistently lead top offenses, not many.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,698

Post#27 » by NYG » Tue May 14, 2024 10:32 pm

dms269 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:As for the OP.. Ingram agrees to an extension and it should be a good deal for both sides.

It's not just him agreeing to an extension, but it has to be a reasonable extension (which I don't think is going to happen. He wants max or near max). Even then I have questions about his decline (3-point shot, mid-range shooting) and his iso-focused-ness on a team with a PG who does the same.

Let's say we wake up tomorrow and Trae Young was traded... where is it to and what is being sent back in your opinion?
NYG
RealGM

Post#28 » by NYG » Tue May 14, 2024 10:34 pm

Wolveswin wrote:I think something here for all 3 teams…

To Hawks: Towns + ________

To Rockets: Trae + ________

To Wolves: FVV + #3 + _________

Lots of blanks to fill in. Lots of options.

Wolves need more - and remember draft picks aren’t ideal for a win now team. But at #3 they get full rookie deal (help the $ crunch) in first PG off the draft board (Topic? Dillingham? Castle? Sheppard?) who has time to learn from Conley and FVV as Wolves PGOF.

Do Hawks want to try Jalen Green next to Murray?

Do Wolves get Thompson or Jabari or Whitmore?

Maybe add Brooklyn getting 3 and Green and FVV/Mikal going to the Wolves?
NYG
RealGM

Post#29 » by NYG » Tue May 14, 2024 11:48 pm

Domejandro wrote:I feel like we are heading for a pretty obvious Tre Young, #4, #8, Hawks 2025 pick returned trade format, but it is so predictable that people are talking themselves out of it happening.

I'm kind of starting to lean towards the Spurs not wanting their all-in move being Trae Young. Wemby is young and there's no need to rush it. You can wait out Phoenix seeing the corner they painted themselves into for a guy like Devin Booker or something like that.

If not the Spurs, I have the most likely Trae teams as the Nets, Rockets or Pelicans
NYG
RealGM

Post#30 » by NYG » Tue May 14, 2024 11:51 pm

dms269 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:As for the OP.. Ingram agrees to an extension and it should be a good deal for both sides.

It's not just him agreeing to an extension, but it has to be a reasonable extension (which I don't think is going to happen. He wants max or near max). Even then I have questions about his decline (3-point shot, mid-range shooting) and his iso-focused-ness on a team with a PG who does the same.

What about going all-in on defense and trading Ingram for Jarrett Allen?

Jarrett Allen/Alex Sarr/Jalen Johnson/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Dejounte Murray

Plus the 3 picks from NOP via OP

Pelicans get:
Trae Young
AJ Griffin

Hawks get:
Jarrett Allen
Caris LeVert
Larry Nance Jr.
2025 Unprotected Lakers First Round Draft Pick
2025 Unprotected Pelicans First Round Draft Pick
2027 Unprotected Bucks First Round Draft Pick

Cavaliers get:
Brandon Ingram
SkyHook
Analyst

Post#31 » by SkyHook » Wed May 15, 2024 2:18 am

Ball4life32 wrote:
SkyHook wrote:No, I'm saying that the list of current players who I would prefer even less than Trae Young to ever put on a Jazz uniform is extremely short. Other teams might offer a haul like this, but that would be extremely foolish, imo.

Foolish for the Hawks you mean. Much rather keep the career 26/9 player only 25 years old that’s led hawks to 4 straight top 8 offenses and try to build better defense around him than take that package. Name all the players that young that can consistently lead top offenses, not many.

Sounds great. You're more than welcome to keep him.

Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#32 » by Wolveswin » Wed May 15, 2024 11:07 am

Hawks full rebuild…

To Pelicans: Trae + Vassell + Okongwu

To Spurs: Murray + Ingram + #21 (24 Pels 1st)

To Hawks: Daniels (or Hawkins) + Graham + McCollum
+#4 Spurs 1st
+25 Lakers 1st (via Pels) with Pels Swap
+25 Hawks 1st (returned via Spurs)
+26 Pels 1st (with Bucks Swap)
+26 Hawks Swap (returned via Spurs)
+27 Hawks 1st (returned via Spurs)
+27 Bucks 1st (via Pels) with Pels Swap
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#33 » by jayjaysee » Wed May 15, 2024 11:22 am

Wolveswin wrote:Hawks full rebuild…

+#4 Spurs 1st

This feels like SAS is paying a lot for something?

If we say DJM and Vassell are close to even, even one first more for DJM (I don’t think so but call it)

Then it’s Ingram and 21 for 4th and a future first?

I do think NOP keeps Ingram over Vassell here. Trey is their future and I’d rather have him than Vassell. And Atlanta cuts out SAS and avoids a rebuild by paying Ingram..

Murray and Ingram probably keep your floor the play-in while Jalen/Sarr develop and you have a few extra firsts to either get aggressive or hope to hit without tanking..

But the SAS value looks off to me.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#34 » by Wolveswin » Wed May 15, 2024 11:34 am

jayjaysee wrote:

+#4 Spurs 1st

If we say DJM and Vassell are close to even, even one first more for DJM (I don’t think so but call it)

I do think NOP keeps Ingram over Vassell here. Trey is their future and I’d rather have him than Vassell. And Atlanta cuts out SAS and avoids a rebuild by paying Ingram..

Murray and Ingram probably keep your floor the play-in while Jalen/Sarr develop and you have a few extra firsts to either get aggressive or hope to hit without tanking..

I am not a fan of Ingram to Hawks for either Murray or Trae. Not sure how Hawks can risk trading either player for an expiring Ingram.

For Spurs I see Ingram and Vassell as similar value. Ingram would be more valuable if not expiring. So it’s #4 for #21 swap and all Hawks 1sts back for Murray. If too much, Hawks can send some of the loot from Pels (or Kings 1st owed) - or keep #4. Important part is to gain control of own future for Hawks.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,553

Post#35 » by dms269 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:38 am

Wolveswin wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

+#4 Spurs 1st

I am not a fan of Ingram to Hawks for either Murray or Trae. Not sure how Hawks can risk trading either player for an expiring Ingram.

The Hawks can't. The argument that it would be a *wink**wink* type of extension deal doesn't work either when we are talking about a guy who wants a max or near max as well. We are talking about almost double Murray's current contract for a guy who is starting to struggle a bit offensively.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#36 » by jayjaysee » Wed May 15, 2024 12:44 pm

The Ingram train went from people trying to call him a superstar due to counting stats to him being on a decline at 26 due to a terrible playoff series.

He never was a superstar and probably isn’t going to shoot 35% for a season..
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,984

Post#37 » by shakes0 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:23 pm

NYG wrote:
Domejandro wrote:I feel like we are heading for a pretty obvious Tre Young, #4, #8, Hawks 2025 pick returned trade format, but it is so predictable that people are talking themselves out of it happening.

I'm kind of starting to lean towards the Spurs not wanting their all-in move being Trae Young. Wemby is young and there's no need to rush it. You can wait out Phoenix seeing the corner they painted themselves into for a guy like Devin Booker or something like that.

If not the Spurs, I have the most likely Trae teams as the Nets, Rockets or Pelicans

so wait some time and get a worse player than Trae?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#38 » by jayjaysee » Wed May 15, 2024 3:16 pm

NYG wrote:

I think SAS should do the right thing and stays bad another year. Theres no reason to trade for talent and short cut the rebuild before your youth actually shows they can win games.

They’ve only actually been terrible for 2 years, the few years before that they were watchable bad. And now they have Victor, so let it sit until Victor can win some games. Panic in a year or two.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#39 » by jayjaysee » Wed May 15, 2024 3:44 pm

What’s the best piece FVV returns? He’s still very good, but he’s also either an expiring or overpaid..

FVV to LAL
Russell, Rui, 17th, (whatever combination of Houston’s assets) to Atlanta
Trae to Houston

Maybe needs to include JHS or Wood, unless delaying it for 17th to count is enough salary? If Russell opts out… you could do Rui, Vincent, JHS, and 17th to match since LAL would be under the tax..

Would Utah want FVV for a year if they aren’t tanking? They should.

Would Brooklyn want him? That gets into devaluing the Brooklyn pick Houston owns though.. But the team option does help assuming you can tamper a bit in 2025 before picking it up or not..

I think LAL might be the best one but maybe I’m off.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,282

Post#40 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 15, 2024 3:47 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I think SAS should do the right thing and stays bad another year. Theres no reason to trade for talent and short cut the rebuild before your youth actually shows they can win games.

So 2 questions I'd love your take on. One is pertinent and one is just for my curiosity.

1. How much do you believe in Wemby? Do you think he's a top 10? 20? player by next year?
2. Do you wish Dallas hadn't traded for KP, and tried to be bad at least one more year with Luka keeping that pick they owed Atlanta(and the picks they gave to NY)? If I recall right, Dallas would have had a bunch of cap space to work with that summer as well, right?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions