UTA-DET

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,897

Re: UTA-DET 

Post#21 » by theBigLip » Wed May 15, 2024 7:25 pm

Clav wrote:
SkyHook wrote:
Clav wrote:I wouldn't do this for Detroit at all. Don't accept a bad contract for 2nds. Collins might play better this season but overall he hasn't been as effective as the one year the Hawks went to the ECF. He had a gnarly finger injury (this season or last?), so I know that affected his shooting for a while. I would only take Collins back if Utah is willing to part with #10 in the 2024 draft.

I imagine that this is probably close to what the Pistons would require for Collins into their cap space. I'd much rather the Jazz keep him at that cost.

Im with you. I wouldn't make this trade to be clear, just I think that's the value threshold to cross. Utah can improve with this selection either with a player or trade for 2 picks with #10, etc

I’m w you Clav on needing to get better compensation on Pistons cap space. Philly will use theirs on star shopping. A few other teams have some as well. But lots of teams are over and handcuffed to do much until they shed some salary. There should be lots of opportunities for Detroit to do a trade like this. They just need to take their time and get the best deal.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,238

Post#22 » by Laimbeer » Wed May 15, 2024 8:53 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I think it takes #29 just to dump him and I'd do that.
Is 29 in this draft much different than 2 seconds?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,498

Post#23 » by babyjax13 » Thu May 16, 2024 12:13 am

Laimbeer wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I think it takes #29 just to dump him and I'd do that.
Is 29 in this draft much different than 2 seconds?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

It is probably similar in value to two early seconds because of the extended salary control.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions