Instant Reaction: What Do The Nuggets Do This Off-Season?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,221

Re: Instant Reaction: What Do The Nuggets Do This Off-Season? 

Post#21 » by Mavrelous » Mon May 20, 2024 9:17 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
Astaluego wrote:Trades...

I will insist on a change between MPJ/Nnaji+2 SRP for Lavine.

Why for the Bulls?
I feel like they are tired of Lavine...
Both fans, team and probably Zach...
Also their backcourt has progressed so much to the point of not needing it, with White/Ayo/Caruso the return of Lonzo etc...
He is younger and lastly the need for depth/size/Shooting in the frontcourt..

For Denver it is an improvement in talent, a more dynamic scorer and a better playmaker.

Trade 2
R.Jackson/T.Hunter/Pickett+Future FRP for Tre Jones+SRP..

FA..
They will have to dig deep into their pockets and pay KCP, losing him would be a disaster, pray that he doesn't get many offers and it becomes very expensive..

veteran minimum..
J.Holiday
D.Mcdermott
D.Theiss

Jokic/Theiss
Gordon/Cancar/Mcdermott
KCP/P.Watson/Strawther
Lavine/Brawn
Murray/Tre Jones

Both are illegal/cant aggregate salary

They drop below 2nd Apron with these trades...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,664

Post#22 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 20, 2024 11:01 am

To Magic: Murray

To Nugs: Isaac + Anthony + Picks until trade value is even

Hope Isaac stays healthy and he instantly becomes starter, providing needed D and pushing MPJ to his ideal role - 6th man off bench.

Re-sign KCP.

2025 trade deadline shop picks (2031 plus what ever capital acquired from Magic) for any disgruntled player who may want to chase a ring.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,600

Post#23 » by Godaddycurse » Mon May 20, 2024 11:06 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Why for the Bulls?
Also their backcourt has progressed so much to the point of not needing it, with White/Ayo/Caruso the return of Lonzo etc...

For Denver it is an improvement in talent, a more dynamic scorer and a better playmaker.

Trade 2

FA..
They will have to dig deep into their pockets and pay KCP, losing him would be a disaster, pray that he doesn't get many offers and it becomes very expensive..

veteran minimum..
J.Holiday
D.Mcdermott
D.Theiss

Jokic/Theiss
Gordon/Cancar/Mcdermott
KCP/P.Watson/Strawther
Lavine/Brawn
Murray/Tre Jones

Not if they bring back kcp
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,221

Post#24 » by Mavrelous » Mon May 20, 2024 11:36 am

Godaddycurse wrote:Not if they bring back kcp

They ask him to pick up his option and extend him IMO, 65/3 extension make up 80/4 wit his option.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,915

Post#25 » by Skybox » Mon May 20, 2024 11:45 am

Wolveswin wrote:To Magic: Murray

Hope Isaac stays healthy and he instantly becomes starter, providing needed D and pushing MPJ to his ideal role - 6th man off bench.

Re-sign KCP.

2025 trade deadline shop picks (2031 plus what ever capital acquired from Magic) for any disgruntled player who may want to chase a ring.

Love it for ORL and love Isaac next to Joker, but…Isaac & Gordon don’t work together on offense…seen it…maybe if you had a couple of Murray-level backcourt scorers…but you wouldnt
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,728

Post#26 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 20, 2024 11:49 am

Would expect very little this offseason. Try to build a better bench so Jokic doesn’t have to play every minute of the first half..

I don’t think they will or should move anyone in starting line up and will try to keep KCP, but wouldn’t blame them for trimming down MPJ’s salary really. Wouldn’t call them “cheap” to give up on him..
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#27 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 20, 2024 12:02 pm

Skybox wrote:

Re-sign KCP.

Love it for ORL and love Isaac next to Joker, but…Isaac & Gordon don’t work together on offense…seen it…maybe if you had a couple of Murray-level backcourt scorers…but you wouldnt

Isaac and Gordon aren’t close to the same players since Orlando days - lots of water under the bridge. Not worried about scoring with Anthony and KCP (asked to score not handle rock), MPJ off bench (utility knife scoring threat) and Jokic of course. Nugs need more D and depth.

How about this version…

To Magic: Murray + Ayton + Nugs Filler

To Blazers: Jett + Nugs Filler + 1st or two from Magic + huge savings

To Nuggets: WCJ + Anthony + Thybulle

Jokic | WCJ
WCJ | Gordon
Gordon | MPJ (super 6th man)
KCP (re-sign) | Thybulle
Anthony | Vet | #28
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,600

Post#28 » by Godaddycurse » Mon May 20, 2024 12:04 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:Not if they bring back kcp

They ask him to pick up his option and extend him IMO, 65/3 extension make up 80/4 wit his option.

I think they are still over 2nd apron after roster holds and rookie hold
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,242

Post#29 » by Laimbeer » Mon May 20, 2024 12:35 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Ivey has been a major disappointment but he's not negative value. There's no way the Pistons do that trade, unless you're pulling the "hey, stupid franchise does stupid things card".

In which case touché, but also kind of pointless to discuss on these boards.

I suggested MPJ into cap space few weeks ago and the feedback was it was too good for the Pistons...

The annual post elimination trade value cratering

Dude does nothing but shoot. And he's in one of the best places in the league for getting looks. That 3P% is likely to go down on the Pistons and many other teams. Thought the contract was too much for even a healthy Porter on the day it was signed.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,915

Post#30 » by Skybox » Mon May 20, 2024 12:39 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Re-sign KCP.

Isaac and Gordon aren’t close to the same players since Orlando days - lots of water under the bridge. Not worried about scoring with Anthony and KCP (asked to score not handle rock), MPJ off bench (utility knife scoring threat) and Jokic of course. Nugs need more D and depth.

How about this version…

To Magic: Murray + Ayton + Nugs Filler

To Blazers: Jett + Nugs Filler + 1st or two from Magic + huge savings

To Nuggets: WCJ + Anthony + Thybulle

Jokic | WCJ
WCJ | Gordon
Gordon | MPJ (super 6th man)
KCP (re-sign) | Thybulle
Anthony | Vet | #28

Love the trade for ORL, but why would DEN even entertain life after Murray? He's the perfect "kind of PG" for Jokic...I reference him often as exactly the kind of PG that ORL needs to work off of Paolo & Franz in the same way.

Also, Gordon and Isaac haven't changed a bit...they're just being utilized properly and seperately
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,242

Post#31 » by Laimbeer » Mon May 20, 2024 12:40 pm

Why for the Bulls?

Trade 2

FA..

veteran minimum..
J.Holiday
D.Mcdermott
D.Theiss

Jokic/Theiss
Gordon/Cancar/Mcdermott
KCP/P.Watson/Strawther
Lavine/Brawn
Murray/Tre Jones

For all his warts, Lavine is on another level from Porter. If they aren't saving money I don't see any reason for the Bulls to make that swap.
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,635

Post#32 » by Mrakar » Mon May 20, 2024 2:02 pm

Trading Porter Jr for guys like Lavine or Klay thompson is (Please Use More Appropriate Word). Yes MPJ had a bad series, but he also has one important "skill" that those guys dont have. Size. His rebounding was valuable last year and it was this year also.
Nuggets had problems with size against Ant since KCP and Murray are too small, and now you want to make them even smaller by trading MPJ for those 2 chuckers? cmn...

Funny thing is, if playoffs started today all over, most of the forum would still take the Nuggets to win it all. If Minny series started today from 0, majority of the guys would take the Nuggets again, and here are we overreacting with some dumb moves that would not only downgrade them instantly, but also in the long run.

Nuggets have to upgrade bench for next season and thats it. Nnaji not being playable really hurt them since they really needed more size this series against Towns and Reid. Towns being able to play 1v1 vs Murray, Braun, KCP for most of the series should be a yellow card for Calvin Booth. I, and a lot of guys here were talking about it after the deadline. You cant have this team and not even try to upgrade at deadline. Championship window can close really fast on you, and they decided they want to save guys like Strawther and some later 1st rounders for the future? They are lucky Jokic is not Giannis or Embiid throwing them all under the Bus for that decison.
Just look at the Bucks, they won in 21 and we all thought they will be winning or in the finals/ECF for next 5 years, and look what happend. Same thing can happen to Nuggets. They were banged up, but still healthy for this run and if they had a deeper bench i still think they would have won it all.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
islandboy53
Rookie
And1: 568

Post#33 » by islandboy53 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:08 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Why for the Bulls?

Trade 2

FA..

veteran minimum..
J.Holiday
D.Mcdermott
D.Theiss

Jokic/Theiss
Gordon/Cancar/Mcdermott
KCP/P.Watson/Strawther
Lavine/Brawn
Murray/Tre Jones

Per the new CBA, teams over the 2nd apron may not aggregate salaries in a trade, period, so these trades would be illegal. They will have to make a legal move to reduce salary below the apron first, for example sending Nnaji for a 2nd rounder.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,569

Post#34 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 20, 2024 2:31 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Ivey has been a major disappointment but he's not negative value. There's no way the Pistons do that trade, unless you're pulling the "hey, stupid franchise does stupid things card".

In which case touché, but also kind of pointless to discuss on these boards.

I suggested MPJ into cap space few weeks ago and the feedback was it was too good for the Pistons...

The annual post elimination trade value cratering

This one is he did nothing in the last series we saw so he's useless. We have been seeing the same thing with Giddey. He was good this year, he was good in the first round, but we talked about how Dallas defended OKC and forced shots to Giddey and how it was going to be a problem and sure enough that's exactly what Dallas did and he became unplayable.

But that's one series with a team with a very specific gameplan.

Porter Jr isn't super valuable because of his contract, the concerns over his back will never be gone, and I think there are a good number of teams who won't touch him fairly nor not because of his brothers being so wheels off.

But his value shouldn't change over a few bad games against an elite defense. But people kneejerk. It's just what they do.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,923

Post#35 » by gswhoops » Mon May 20, 2024 3:20 pm

"Run it back" is a perfectly valid answer, and possibly the best answer. But because this is the Trade Board and not the Stand Pat Board, I'll throw an idea out there:

MPJ to the Spurs for Keldon Johnson

Denver cuts a bunch of salary and gets a more reliable, but lower upside, wing. This trade also generates a $16.8M TPE that Denver can use in a subsequent deal to build out their bench if they're not concerned about lux tax/apron issues. San Antonio gets an elite floor spacer with size to compliment Wemby, and they can afford him because he comes off the books before Wemby needs to get paid.

Re-sign KCP at basically whatever the cost. Find a backup center who's actually playable in a playoff series (Andre Drummond?). See if you can bring Bruce Brown back on a one-year prove-it deal. Try and swap Nnaji and some minor assets for an overpaid but actually useful player (Georges Niang?). Sign an actual backup PG who can keep the offense moving when Jokic is on the bench (Chris Paul?). Grab as many wings as you can from the bargain bin and hope you strike gold with one of them.

Jokic/Drummond
Gordon/Niang/Watson
Johnson/Brown/Braun
KCP/Jackson
Murray/Paul
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,481

Post#36 » by Asif16 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:30 pm

I would prbably do Bruce Brown for MPJ but I don't think MPJ is available
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,120

Post#37 » by Snakebites » Mon May 20, 2024 3:53 pm

My thoughts on particular trades aside, their goal should be to improve on the margins.

You don’t need big sweeping changes. They went up against another really good team and lost in 7.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,728

Post#38 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

I was thinking Nnaji for Carter? Bulls need a big body and maybe the extra year of salary is worth taking a shot on him/balancing roster.

Carter is a year removed from being a steady piece?

You can bicker and add a 28th for 2nd swap? I’m really low on both though?
Itzmotto
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#39 » by Itzmotto » Mon May 20, 2024 6:07 pm

gswhoops wrote:"Run it back" is a perfectly valid answer, and possibly the best answer. But because this is the Trade Board and not the Stand Pat Board, I'll throw an idea out there:

MPJ to the Spurs for Keldon Johnson

Denver cuts a bunch of salary and gets a more reliable, but lower upside, wing. This trade also generates a $16.8M TPE that Denver can use in a subsequent deal to build out their bench if they're not concerned about lux tax/apron issues. San Antonio gets an elite floor spacer with size to compliment Wemby, and they can afford him because he comes off the books before Wemby needs to get paid.

Re-sign KCP at basically whatever the cost. Find a backup center who's actually playable in a playoff series (Andre Drummond?). See if you can bring Bruce Brown back on a one-year prove-it deal. Try and swap Nnaji and some minor assets for an overpaid but actually useful player (Georges Niang?). Sign an actual backup PG who can keep the offense moving when Jokic is on the bench (Chris Paul?). Grab as many wings as you can from the bargain bin and hope you strike gold with one of them.

Jokic/Drummond
Gordon/Niang/Watson
Johnson/Brown/Braun
KCP/Jackson
Murray/Paul

MPJ to the Spurs for Keldon Johnson i like this if you can get the 8th with it and get Batzellus with it If he falls. MPJ probably plays way better in a faster system
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#40 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 20, 2024 6:55 pm

gswhoops wrote:"Run it back" is a perfectly valid answer, and possibly the best answer. But because this is the Trade Board and not the Stand Pat Board,

Should be pinned on TNT main board and disclaimer on every new OP started.

Return to Trades and Transactions