REVISED: Orlando Minnesota New York New Jersey

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#21 » by moocow007 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:54 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes, certainly. I have never directly argued the fairness or trade value of this or any Jaric-to-NJ deal. The point is, he would be a deadweight contract on our roster. He would never, ever get to run the offense for Frank, and Marko has proven over his career that he needs legit ball-hanlding duties in order to be anywhere near worth his contract.

Getting a trio of wannabe Maxiells isn't exactly setting the New Jersey world on fire. But it is WAY more than adequate sweetener for a team to absorb Jaric, one that needs him, that is. NEW JERSEY IS JUST NOT THAT TEAM!.

Jaric is not a deadweight contract, he's has relatively good value for his performance and can always be dealt 3 years from now.

But yes, exactly. And Jaric has never shown that he's worth his contract.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,429

Post#22 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:57 am

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Jaric is not a deadweight contract, he's has relatively good value for his performance and can always be dealt 3 years from now.

But yes, exactly. And Jaric has never shown that he's worth his contract.

"He's has" good value right now, because he brings the ball up and runs offense for the Wolves at times. Without that responsibility, as he would be in NJ, he will languish, just as his as always done in the past whenever the ball has been taken out of his hands. He's a play-maker; we have Kidd and Carter, we're molding Marcus. We will not use Marko the way he can be effective, so he would turn back into garbage on our squad, for the next four years. I have no clue how to make this clearer.

OK, I'll level with MIN. Give us Jefferson with Jaric, and we'll gladly give our expirings. Anyone (and I mean ANYONE; Foye, Brewer, McCants etc) else on the team is not incentive enough for us to absorb Marko. Is that clear enough?! Go find better value elsewhere, because teams with ball-handling and play-making deficiencies should give you a better offer than us.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#23 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:22 am

^^^No Sota fan has really tried to force feed him to you, i think what everyone is saying is that Jaric can and has been efficient when not running the ball through him all the time. Tonights game for example had him playing mostly the 2 spot. He did excellent in his role as he is still able to facilitate the ball without needing the ball.

I can see you dont want him, so i will leave you with the fact that he is at least a better option than Wright.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,382

Post#24 » by shrink » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:57 pm

The request for Marko came from a NJN poster, right?

And again, if you continue to believe that Jaric needs the ball in his hands running the offense to be effective, you really don't understand his game.

Return to Trades and Transactions